• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's this fictional character's enneagram type?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
think I posted about this one earlier, but I decided to fill out Spade's "what's my enneagram type" questionnaire from personality cafe to see if that would give a more accurate view of him.

without going to too much detail Yohan is 17 years old (though, he looks about 13). He has just retired from a 7 year vendetta as a commander/revolutionary and wants to get away from it all and start a new life. This questionnaire will be filled out from his perspective a few months after he accomplishes his 7 year goal of murdering his father.
I currently have him typed as an ENFP 1w9>2w1>7w6 Sx/Sp, but
- I could also see him as an 8w9 or a 1w2
- I could see him as an INFP or INTJ (he seems INFP overall, but, on the other hand, he seems like he has WAYYY too much Te to be an INFP. If he is an INFP, he is an INFP gone stress Te/Si for a LOOONG time)
- He is clearly an Sx dom, but I could see either Sx/Sp or Sx/So (I think Sx/Sp at the moment because his energy is generally more intense and contained)

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I’m looking to reconnect with my humanity. I feel dead on the inside and I want to remember what love and friendship feel like and get back in touch with myself. Right now though, I just want to be alone for awhile. I have a lot to think about.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I’m going back to school and starting over with a new name in the hopes of finding a new life with meaningful friendships and perhaps a relationship. Also, for once in my life, I want to experience what’s it’s like to be young. I want to laugh, have fun, be silly and not have to give a damn about all these things happening in my life. For the time being, I’m going through a largely reflective and solitary phase in my life, but I also have a strong thirst for adventure and intensity and will be seeking a more harmless outlet for this

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
my father was an abusive, tyrannical psychopath who treated his subordinates like tools and punished cruelly and excessively. I hope to avoid being like him at all costs
My strongest values include
- Self control. If you don’t control yourself, the world will
- Integrity and maintaining it in the face of the most perilous adversity. The world can take away your friends, your belongings, even your lives, but if you have solid integrity, NO ONE can take that away from you.
- Meekness: I hate people who abuse their power, are needlessly cruel and don’t respect people’s rights
- Respect: everyone deserves some level of respect just for being alive. I hate people who treat people like tools, animals or inanimate objects
- Freedom: everyone has the right to do what they want to and be who they want to be unless they are infringing on the rights and independence of others

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I suppose the above description of my father. I have come perilously close to these characteristics in the past, but I want to get away from all the politics, war and brutality.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want a close few intimate relationships in which all parties love and respect each other, but other than that, I don’t much care about what the rest of the world thinks of me. I’d like to view myself a protector, someone who is gentle and looks out for his friends but is a swift god of death to his enemies.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
worst:
Best: at my best I am a strong, capable leader, but I’m also surprisingly feminine. I love animals, small children and going for long, solitary walks in the woods. I also like to sing (in fact, I paid my way through university by singing) and enjoy the finer things in life and my tastes are bold, extravagant and with an eye for quality.
Worst: at my worst I am a sadistic monster. Blind rage gives way to a sinister enjoyment of bloodlust, I revert completely back to instincts and my only desire is to vanquish my enemy. Even after the event has passed, the anger lingers for about 30 minutes to an hour or so, occasionally strong enough as to make me feel physically sick.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) anger: most of the time it’s boiling under the surface, but if the intensity gets too great, I can fly into terrifying fits of rage and do things I will regret if I’m not careful. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve gotten better at controlling my anger in order to be a strong and competent leader. If you don’t control your anger, it will control you. It’s kinda like a thunderstorm. Once it’s started, you never know what’s gonna get struck by lightning.
b) shame: shame is a very personal emotion for me. I seldom experience it, but when I do, I’d rather deal with it in private.
c) anxiety: the external world seldom if ever makes me anxious, however, experience has taught me to be a little more cautious going into a situation so as not to get carried away and make a mistake (I don’t have as much experience to go off of as an older person, so this has forced me to be a lot more precise and deductive than I am normally comfortable being). When I was younger I tended to be oblivious to the perils of reality, but experience has given me enough reality bitch slaps for me to get the picture.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) I ignore it. I’ll only slip up if I let it get to me. When I finally do deal with it, it’s almost always in private
b) Unexpected change: if it caused by the incompetence of someone I’m working with, it makes me livid, but positive unexpected change is welcome, just don’t expect me to respond to it immediately. I move at my own pace and don’t like my circumstances to rush me.
c) conflict: I have a love/hate relationship with conflict. In the moment it is exhilarating, intense and allows me to forget my inner turmoil. Frankly, I don’t like to admit it, but I often really life conflict, almost like it’s a chance to vent and gives me a sense of life when on the inside I feel dead, like a wasteland.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) authority: I usually have to be running the show. I can be cooperative and do my part (that is, if I agreed to do it in the first place), but have very low tolerance for the kind of social dominance contests, petty career politics and personal quibbles people seem to engage in so frequently. I view myself as an authoritative person who is a strong leader that people can stand behind without fear, but honestly, I’m just there to make sure everything gets done. If people do what they agree to and do it well, I really don’t feel the need to play the authority card; however, I am guilty of using my “authority” as an excuse to “exact justice” when I’m really just out for revenge or personal satisfaction.
b) power: power is a good thing, but seeking it obsessively can lead to destruction. Power doesn’t corrupt, it only reveals the intentions that were already there.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
it’s hard to say. I’m contemplating that very thing right now and, at the moment, I’m not really sure what to think about the whole of humanity.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly how you responded to it.

1) my brother was taken from me and sacrificed by my father to the lord of a neighboring fief as a sign of submission (he was 7, I was 10 at the time). I swore I would murder him one day and bring a just ruler to the throne. I always knew this world was a terrible place, but he was the one source of genuine innocence, affection and kindness I had in it. When that was taken away from me, my fears that I was really all alone became a reality. After trying to kill my father right then and there, he laughed, amused at my suffering and exiled me, telling me “come back one day when you’re stronger. You don’t stand a chance against me now” (….that arrogant bastard sealed his fate with those words). The proceeding 4 years I assumed a false identity, went to university on a singing scholarship and double majored in military strategy and sword combat. The 3 years after that, I gathered an army and waged rebellion until my father, slowly losing touch with my feelings, my humanity and any kind of psychological balance left in me.
2) after I accomplished my goal of killing my father 7 years later, he told me as he was dying “hahaha! You’re just like I thought you’d turn out to be. Deep down you and I are the same. We’re both killers. Killers who are willing to do whatever it takes to win and get to the top. It’s in your blood boy. You’re a born killer and you’ll always be a killer”. At this point, the walls of my psyche came crumbling down and I broke down in tears “Never! I’ve made mistakes, I’ve done terrible things, but people can change, a life can be made right, the sins of the past can be atoned for and I know I can live a happy and peaceful life if I make the effort to change myself. You’re nothing but a coward who gave up. You’re a sadistic monster and I will NEVER be like you! NEVER EVER!” this was just a few months ago and I’m still in the midst of struggling with how to let down my psychological defenses and just be a person again.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I struggle with it. I want a relationship where both parties can be open, honest and vulnerable with each other, but in practice I struggle immensely with this concept. It’s hard for me to let people in with the possibility of being hurt looming overhead.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a) like:
- I have never compromised what I believe in and never will
- unlimited will power. If I believe in something, I can fight for it until I die.
- I’m really a nice person once you get to know me =)
- Organized and decisive
- Fast learner, I can quickly grasp the big picture and come up with a pragmatic solution or plan of action for most problems
- I’ve always had really high self confidence. Without this I would have been dead several times over.

b) dislike:
- I can get carried away and my anger can do terrible damage if I’m not careful
- I have a superiority complex. I view people who lack conviction, strong principles and depth of passion and feeling as below me.
- tendency to push people away. I insist on doing things alone
- A tendency to deny/bury my weaknesses deep down. There is something to be said for putting your best foot forward, but trying to deny one’s weaknesses to one’s self is something else entirely
- insufferably stubborn. My natural tendency is to adapt my environment to myself and my beliefs and desires rather than the other way around. Compromise and adaptability are things I struggle with
- I need to learn to let go and stop holding on to intense feelings of spite, revenge and indignation.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
I’m a keen observer of people’s intentions, beliefs and general character. They may think they can hide it, but they can’t hide it from me. I can also usually tell a lot about a person’s past, their skill as a warrior and what it would take to “break” them (I do enjoy breaking people in the right situation, but they have to be deserving of it. It’s not something I would do to anyone who wasn’t seriously in the wrong)

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
when you’ve spent your childhood plotting revenge and your teens killing countless soldiers, the opinions of strangers tend not to mean as much. If it’s not someone I care about, I really don’t think much about their opinion unless they have useful input

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
a) Thankful: I’m thankful to the few people I’ve had in my life who’ve shown me that there are good people out there. People I can share a connection with and not be so alone all the time
b) Wish I could have: a relationship. Someone close to me whom I could protect, share my feelings with, and just be there to cuddle with me =( This is something that was REALLY hard for me to admit to myself, but I feel it really broke down a toxic psychological barrier once I did.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
maybe [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] can offer some input, we've talked about it a little over the phone.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I was your character as an INTJ 8w9 with extremely strong Fi.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was your character as an INTJ 8w9 with extremely strong Fi.

makes sense. there is definitely a case for 8, though I lean 1 at the moment due his emphasis on justice, his sense of "holier than thou" and how his values/convictions are the source of his strength rather than the more instinctual nature of an 8 (he would be an usually Id 1 though, strong 7w6 fix).
still, you could argue his motivations were actually really about blood lust, revenge and self gratification from the get go (and his tactics are pretty 8-ish lol)
do you agree with Sx/Sp?

in the mean time, I'll mention [MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Hmmm... Maybe an ISTJ 8w9 or 1w9? I don't see much indication of N, and the caregiver/hero of justice thing is a classic SJ archetype.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm... Maybe an ISTJ 8w9 or 1w9? I don't see much indication of N, and the caregiver/hero of justice thing is a classic SJ archetype.

interesting. I have trouble seeing him as an Si dom, but worth considering
PS: hero of justice is more an NFP thing, and he's not much of a caregiver (at least, not most of the time)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
interesting. I have trouble seeing him as an Si dom, but worth considering
PS: hero of justice is more an NFP thing, and he's not much of a caregiver (at least, not most of the time)

Could go both ways - maybe it's a question of "duty" vs. "mission", so to speak.

Then again, they do share the same functions, so IDK.

(Scar from FMA is a good example of a twisted ISTJ vigilante, by the way.)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could go both ways - maybe it's a question of "duty" vs. "mission", so to speak.
that's exactly what I was thinking. and definitely mission (he has no sense of duty whatsoever. in several instances in the sage someone tries to subordinate him and he kills them lol. he's never followed anyone in his life)

Then again, they do share the same functions, so IDK.
true

(Scar from FMA is a good example of a twisted ISTJ vigilante, by the way.)
never seen it, I'd like to get further into FMA

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
interesting! would you care to elaborate?

Here's my response :)

Fi was blatantly obvious through-out the whole faux-individual questionnaire. Yohan in very fucking driven by his own personal sense of right and wrong, with enough passionate conviction to choke a bull. I went with Se when I initially read this: "I want to experience what’s it’s like to be young. I want to laugh, have fun, be silly and not have to give a damn about all these things happening in my life. For the time being, I’m going through a largely reflective and solitary phase in my life, but I also have a strong thirst for adventure and intensity and will be seeking a more harmless outlet for this". bolded seem to indicate Fi.

But what also led me to Se was that he didn't seem to demonstrate any thirst for novelty nor idea seeking that would be characteristic of an ENFP. Rather his whole story of revenge seems very guttural; it was an action taken within the immediate context of the world against a tangible threat, and followed through realistically, and now that it has been completed, Yohan can go one to experience life to its fullest; that's Se.

This lead to Yohan either being: ISFP, ESFP, ENTJ, or INTJ.

However from what you posted, even though his Fi seems strong, there's enough instances where it seems that he's willing to forsake harmony or compassion for the sake of completing his goals and enacting justice. I mean this guy planned an extensive scheme to accomplish his goals, including using military to his advantage. This would eliminate ISFP, as he's no Te inferior. He's also no Fi inferior, nor even tertiary for that matter. So ESFP would make the most sense.

Enneagram wise, he's primarily an 8. He's not really image driven (so he's not within the head triad), nor does he express any anxiety concerning the dangers of the world (not head driven, at least not 5 or 6), rather his primary focus is revenge; against his father, and those who would ever seek to harm him or his loved ones. He has balls of god damn iron and a will of steel, with the temperament of a god-like warrior. However, even though he's calm for the most part, he still has burst of uncontrollable rage and bloodlust. It is for this reason that I choose 8w9. He's sx/sp for the sheer fact that he is very focused on close/personal relationships with a great degree of intensity and protection for loved ones (sx), while not at all concerned with grand world affairs nor group status (So).

Tri-type wise I choose 7w8 simply because he also seem to be a care-free, easygoing kind of person who want to enjoy life, but is also very confidant and decisive. 4w5 because he isn't image focused at all, and what he thinks of himself if personal only to him and not to what others say; like how he is shocked at the idea of becoming the image of the thing that he hates (his father), but otherwise disregards the judgments of others as unimportant.

Socionics wise, he's extremely forceful (Se) and has a strong sense of compassion (Fi). I know I'm not that well versed in socionics, but SEE (ESFp) seemed like the best fit type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]
- very thorough analysis :happy0065:
- ESFP is worth considering :yes: I have trouble seeing an ESFP doing the amount of planning he does though
- ironically enough, your analysis made me rethink INTJ. he's a brilliant strategist, graduates college at 14 and is kind of like a Game of Thrones era version of Lelouch vi Britannia. also, while he has pretty good Se, he's not very comfortable using it. intense physical activity is very draining for him (in fact, he's rather frail) and he doesn't actually fight in most of the battles (I would have included this information in the OP, but for some reason I thought it was implied. dunb mistake on my part)
- not seeing a 4 fix at all. I think he is a 2 fixer. he's really very feminine and has a nurturing energy about him when he never struggles with feelings of defectiveness, inferiority or brokeness (though he does feel like somewhat of an outcast, but more for circumstantial reasons). deep down, he cares a lot more about being loved than he does about fame (3) or forming an individualized image.
- I see a 7w6 fix more than 7w8. he's more lackadaisical, light, playful and doesn't really do as much thrill seeking or button pushing as a 7w8 (when he's in 7 mode, he looks like an innocent, playful child. much more like the Little Prince or The Never Ending Story). 7w8s and 7w8 fixers have a more animalistic, crafty Id-ishness to them that Yohan really lacks
- the toss up between 8w9 and 1w9 is I can't tell if he really does what he does more out of a personal vendetta or out of "this is wrong! I must put a stop to it!" his femininity, however, makes me hesitant to type him as an 8 (he's frequently mistaken for a woman and, despite his obvious masculine strengths, he has a personality more like Queen Elizabeth than he does your typical 8 war general). also, his personality is bipolar between this Christopher Robin-esque, sweet innocent boy lost in his imagination or playing with his friends and the ruthlessly violent, fiery revolutionary. if I could show you some of the scenes in my mind, you'd be like "what the hell!" as most people would go from wanting to hug him to being terrified of him in a matter of minutes (I already no what some of your guys are thinking and no, he's not a 6 lol). these traits make me think a 1w9 with as strong wing (9-ish, docile and calm on the outside, but aggressively vindictive, critical and punitive underneath the 9-ish venir). it's like one side is IxFP 9w1 Sx/Sp and the other is ExTJ 8w9 Sx/So
- still, he seems way too reactive to be a 1. like, 1s don't typically explode in anger and delve into blood lust (though, I am again reminded of Cate Blanchette's portrayal of Queen Elizabeth in Elizabeth the Golden Age, in which she's pretty ferocious and has an extremely similar demeanor to Yohan)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]
- very thorough analysis :happy0065:

You're welcome :D

- ESFP is worth considering :yes: I have trouble seeing an ESFP doing the amount of planning he does though

It's possible; developed Te can plan and accomplish a lot, especially when used in conjunction with Se.

- ironically enough, your analysis made me rethink INTJ. he's a brilliant strategist, graduates college at 14 and is kind of like a Game of Thrones era version of Lelouch vi Britannia. also, while he has pretty good Se, he's not very comfortable using it. intense physical activity is very draining for him (in fact, he's rather frail) and he doesn't actually fight in most of the battles (I would have included this information in the OP, but for some reason I thought it was implied. dunb mistake on my part)

To be honest, I think it's a rotten stereotype that all genius chessmasters have to be INTJ (or ENTJ). I think it's possible for great military leaders to be any type, although more often they're probably either ESFP, ESTP, ISTJ, ESTJ, INTJ, ENTJ, ENFP, and/or ENTP. Also, aversion to physical activity due to having a weak body does not exlude someone from being Se dominant.

- not seeing a 4 fix at all. I think he is a 2 fixer. he's really very feminine and has a nurturing energy about him when he never struggles with feelings of defectiveness, inferiority or brokeness (though he does feel like somewhat of an outcast, but more for circumstantial reasons). deep down, he cares a lot more about being loved than he does about fame (3) or forming an individualized image.

If he cares more about loving and being loved, then I would go with 2 (either 2w1 or 2w3).

- I see a 7w6 fix more than 7w8. he's more lackadaisical, light, playful and doesn't really do as much thrill seeking or button pushing as a 7w8 (when he's in 7 mode, he looks like an innocent, playful child. much more like the Little Prince or The Never Ending Story). 7w8s and 7w8 fixers have a more animalistic, crafty Id-ishness to them that Yohan really lacks

Sure, that could possibly work.

- the toss up between 8w9 and 1w9 is I can't tell if he really does what he does more out of a personal vendetta or out of "this is wrong! I must put a stop to it!" his femininity, however, makes me hesitant to type him as an 8 (he's frequently mistaken for a woman and, despite his obvious masculine strengths, he has a personality more like Queen Elizabeth than he does your typical 8 war general). also, his personality is bipolar between this Christopher Robin-esque, sweet innocent boy lost in his imagination or playing with his friends and the ruthlessly violent, fiery revolutionary. if I could show you some of the scenes in my mind, you'd be like "what the hell!" as most people would go from wanting to hug him to being terrified of him in a matter of minutes (I already no what some of your guys are thinking and no, he's not a 6 lol). these traits make me think a 1w9 with as strong wing (9-ish, docile and calm on the outside, but aggressively vindictive, critical and punitive underneath the 9-ish venir). it's like one side is IxFP 9w1 Sx/Sp and the other is ExTJ 8w9 Sx/So

I don't like the idea that 8's have to be brutal and domineering people anymore than 1's have to be cold, rigid, and 'overly principled/rules whore' kinds of people. While his outward behavior may seem 7ish or 9ish, his view and attitude toward life, his whole reason for being, is 8.

- still, he seems way too reactive to be a 1. like, 1s don't typically explode in anger and delve into blood lust (though, I am again reminded of Cate Blanchette's portrayal of Queen Elizabeth in Elizabeth the Golden Age, in which she's pretty ferocious and has an extremely similar demeanor to Yohan)

Which is why 8 fits better (non perfectly, given that your character is very complex, but it makes more sense for Yohan to be 8 rather than 1).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're welcome :D
:D

It's possible; developed Te can plan and accomplish a lot, especially when used in conjunction with Se.
To be honest, I think it's a rotten stereotype that all genius chessmasters have to be INTJ (or ENTJ). I think it's possible for great military leaders to be any type, although more often they're probably either ESFP, ESTP, ISTJ, ESTJ, INTJ, ENTJ, ENFP, and/or ENTP. Also, aversion to physical activity due to having a weak body does not exlude someone from being Se dominant.
I'm not denying this, in fact, I think Alexander the Great and Attila the Hun were both Se doms, but the way they go about doing it is completely different, and I think Yohan's is more INTJ-ish (Se dom military leaders have a much more plan-as-you-go style to them. he's much more deliberate) his demeanor is somewhat between an INTJ and an ESFP (rather like an ISFP actually, but, as you said, he does not seem inferior Te at all). still, when you consider he's a natural performer, paid his way through college as a singer and has natural charisma/perfectly comfortable speaking in front of crowds, none of this sounds very INTJ at all.

If he cares more about loving and being loved, then I would go with 2 (either 2w1 or 2w3).
of all the aspects of his type to admit, this was the one I had the most difficulty with (I have an anti 2 bias, but he is undeniably a 2 fixer lol)

Sure, that could possibly work.
yeah, 7w8s tend to be more base; 7w6s tend to be more grandiose/head in the clouds

I don't like the idea that 8's have to be brutal and domineering people anymore than 1's have to be cold, rigid, and 'overly principled/rules whore' kinds of people. While his outward behavior may seem 7ish or 9ish, his view and attitude toward life, his whole reason for being, is 8.
Which is why 8 fits better (non perfectly, given that your character is very complex, but it makes more sense for Yohan to be 8 rather than 1).
honestly, I really can't tell if his view of life is more 8-ish or 1-ish or if he's just an 8 with strong Fi or a 1 who's circumstances led them to take a more 8-ish view of life (no matter what type you are, being a military leader and going on a bloody vendetta will do that to you). I still lean 1 because he
- views himself as an authority figure (rather than simply "submit to me mutha fucka"...even if he enjoys this too)
- repeatedly places emphasis on standards
- thinks a lot about morality (8s don't typically think a lot about morality. integrity tends to be important to them, and they will act quickly if they see injustice in front of them, but it's not something they spend a great deal of their mental focus on)

PS: I'm rethinking [MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION]'s proposal of ISTJ. though when I think ISTJ vigilantes, I tend to think of someone more like Rhorshack, Dexter Morgan, Saito Hajime or Teru Mikami (Yohan is not quite as rational, precise or exacting as any of these characters)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not denying this, in fact, I think Alexander the Great and Attila the Hun were both Se doms, but the way they go about doing it is completely different, and I think Yohan's is more INTJ-ish (Se dom military leaders have a much more plan-as-you-go style to them. he's much more deliberate) his demeanor is somewhat between an INTJ and an ESFP (rather like an ISFP actually, but, as you said, he does not seem inferior Te at all). still, when you consider he's a natural performer, paid his way through college as a singer and has natural charisma/perfectly comfortable speaking in front of crowds, none of this sounds very INTJ at all.

Well, it's also important to remember that outward behavior is not really conducive to JCF, so much it's the reasons behind those behaviors. Also, having good use of Te, even an ESFP could show good deliberation when it comes to things like military leadership.

honestly, I really can't tell if his view of life is more 8-ish or 1-ish or if he's just an 8 with strong Fi or a 1 who's circumstances led them to take a more 8-ish view of life (no matter what type you are, being a military leader and going on a bloody vendetta will do that to you). I still lean 1 because he
- views himself as an authority figure (rather than simply "submit to me mutha fucka"...even if he enjoys this too)

Why couldn't an 8 view themselves as authority figures? I don't think all 8's have this "submit to me mutha fucka" mentality.

- repeatedly places emphasis on standards

Could also be due to Fi/Te, although I don't see why an 8 couldn't also care about standards if it suited him.

- thinks a lot about morality (8s don't typically think a lot about morality. integrity tends to be important to them, and they will act quickly if they see injustice in front of them, but it's not something they spend a great deal of their mental focus on)

Hmmmmm, that might make sense. Question though: why is typing his character so important to you? Or are you just casually curious as to what his type is?

PS: I'm rethinking [MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION]'s proposal of ISTJ. though when I think ISTJ vigilantes, I tend to think of someone more like Rhorshack, Dexter Morgan, Saito Hajime or Teru Mikami (Yohan is not quite as rational, precise or exacting as any of these characters)

Yohan does not seem like an Si dom at all to be honest.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it's also important to remember that outward behavior is not really conducive to JCF, so much it's the reasons behind those behaviors. Also, having good use of Te, even an ESFP could show good deliberation when it comes to things like military leadership.
true. overall though, he seems pretty introverted for an ESFP (though he does remind me a lot of King David from the bible who I think was an ESFP 8 Sx dom)

Why couldn't an 8 view themselves as authority figures? I don't think all 8's have this "submit to me mutha fucka" mentality.
the world view of an 8 is dog eat dog. 1s try to convert/persuade people to the rightness of their ways; 8s are more like "I don't care if it's the right way, but it's MY way!"

Could also be due to Fi/Te, although I don't see why an 8 couldn't also care about standards if it suited him.
key phrase. Yohan cares about standards for their own sake; 8s do not fixate on standards the way 1s do. enacting justice for them is a much more reactive/in the moment response rather than something they philosophize about. standards and self restraint as a whole are a function of the superego (relate to types 1, 2 and 6). 8s are likely to view standards as a useless obstacle unless they see direct benefit from them

Hmmmmm, that might make sense. Question though: why is typing his character so important to you? Or are you just casually curious as to what his type is
curiosity and boredom lol

Yohan does not seem like an Si dom at all to be honest.
agreed

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe he's a 1w2 then. :shrug: I would try to get imput from others who are also well versed in the Enneagram. :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe he's a 1w2 then. :shrug: I would try to get imput from others who are also well versed in the Enneagram. :yes:

generally people on personality care know more about enneagram than on this site. they typed him as an ENFP 1w2>6w7>2w3 Sx/So (I think his 7 fix is obvious as hell though)