User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 81

  1. #51
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Do I look like the warden at Shawshank prison?
    Don't make me answer this question.

    I've stated on this forum many times that I have given up on function analysis. It is only useful for those who like ad hoc typing methodologies.
    Because you can't find uses for functions since you have no idea what they do and even when if you did, your synthesis is askew, doesn't mean that others can't find them useful to help people type.

    Again, a rabbit hole to avoid admitting that you were wrong.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Don't make me answer this question.

    Because you can't find uses for functions since you have no idea what they do and even when if you did, your synthesis is askew, doesn't mean that others can't find them useful to help people type.

    Again, a rabbit hole to avoid admitting that you were wrong.
    Then go tell the author of PersonalityPage.com who wrote that the ESTP anticipates. Because to me, JCF is a rabbit hole leading to whatever answer serves your purposes. And I'm not the one who went there first.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #53
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Then go tell the author of PersonalityPage.com who wrote that the ESTP anticipates. Because to me, JCF is a rabbit hole leading to whatever answer serves your purposes. And I'm not the one who went there first.
    Ha ha...you're basing your opinion on function theory by using a website with pink pages, one that attempts to use MBTI for love matches?

    No wonder...

  4. #54
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Ha ha...you're basing your opinion on function theory by using a website with pink pages, one that attempts to use MBTI for love matches?

    No wonder...
    That sounds vicious.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #55
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Anyways Catzilla. Your b/f sounds either ESTJ or ESTP.

  6. #56
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    "you're basing your opinion on function theory by using a website with pink pages."

    There's no accuracy in any of your statements from the word "go." I didn't base my opinion of JCF on a website with pink pages. You assume much. Assume assume assume. ASS-ume.

    I based my opinion on watching a lot of silly attempts to make personality type calls on the basis of some cognitive functions. That is clearly a category error. It ASS-umes that personalities can be broken down into cognitive functions. Over the months on these forums I observed the disastrous reasoning that resulted, and gave up on JCF. I choose to use a webpage as a matter of convenience. Everybody should know this by now.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    127

    Default

    ESTJ.

  8. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default

    o.o Well, then...

    For example, does he tend to over-schedule his day? Does he always think that 30 minutes of work can be accomplished in 15 minutes?
    No...he's not that obsessive... He's hardworking, but he doesn't OVERWORK himself by any means. He's actually pretty good at time management - he knows when he should stop and take a break and when he needs to get back to work.

    I haven't considered the ESTP option, but I find ESTJ/ENTJ more likely because of his aggressive and blunt nature. While he DOES have a great "get it done" attitude, I don't believe it's his primary trait. I definitely think Te is his top function, and it shows in the way he interacts with others. He's not the type to tolerate any sort of bullshit and always calls others out on their logical mistakes. He's a take-charge kind of guy, very straightforward and logical.

  9. #59
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    No...he's not that obsessive... He's hardworking, but he doesn't OVERWORK himself by any means. He's actually pretty good at time management - he knows when he should stop and take a break and when he needs to get back to work.

    I haven't considered the ESTP option, but I find ESTJ/ENTJ more likely because of his aggressive and blunt nature. While he DOES have a great "get it done" attitude, I don't believe it's his primary trait. I definitely think Te is his top function, and it shows in the way he interacts with others. He's not the type to tolerate any sort of bullshit and always calls others out on their logical mistakes. He's a take-charge kind of guy, very straightforward and logical.
    ESTPs are like this too. Stalk Halla74's posts to see if any of it resonates.

  10. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    ESTPs are like this too. Stalk Halla74's posts to see if any of it resonates.
    Alright. Yes, some attributes of his posts definitely resonate with my boyfriend (particularly, the straightforward style of humor and the "no fear" attitude). My boyfriend has ADHD though, so this definitely contributes to his spontaneous and joking nature.

    Although my boyfriend generally trusts empirical data before intuition, he CAN be intuitive. I read up that ESTPs often have trouble in school due to the "theoretical" things discussed in class. This is not the case for him (he's practically a straight-A student and can write essays about theory just fine. It's just when he has to "go beyond" and find deeper meaning in physical things like art, when he has trouble. But when we're talking intuitive things like scientific theories, he can hold his own just fine in that area). It's true, he CAN have trouble trying to understand an abstract thought I'm explaining, but it's partly because I'm bad at explaining it myself. If I could find a way to explain it in a clear and concise way, he'd definitely understand better.

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to find my type since days! ESTJ or ENTJ?
    By LoyalKnight in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-17-2017, 01:25 PM
  2. ESTJ or ENTJ... Or is he something else?
    By Joke123 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2016, 12:16 AM
  3. Is my boyfriend an ENTJ or ESTJ?
    By Rosabel in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 05:08 PM
  4. Cannot tell if my boyfriend is an ENTJ or ESTJ.
    By Valkyrian in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 05:45 PM
  5. INTJ or ISTJ? Help me type my boyfriend?
    By Aibell in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 12:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO