User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The ENTJ clothing style is more showy, ESTJ is a minimalist about clothes. For example, the ESTJ who wears a tie to church, but the ENTJ wears a POWER TIE.

The OP descript sounds like an ESTJ anyway. But ENTJ also works in some respects.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The ENTJ clothing style is more showy, ESTJ is a minimalist about clothes. For example, the ESTJ who wears a tie to church, but the ENTJ wears a POWER TIE.
    No. This will vary per individual.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    No. This will vary per individual.
    I'm going along with type descriptions without knowing how the individual in the OP dresses. I also edited my post to make room for ENTJ as a possibility. I don't think he is 100% ESTJ but has some Intuition available. The ENTJ is also a practical type.

I'm going along with type descriptions without knowing how the individual in the OP dresses. I also edited my post to make room for ENTJ as a possibility. I don't think he is 100% ESTJ but has some Intuition available. The ENTJ is also a practical type.
    He could just be an ESTJ who has developed his Ne decently. He still sounds over-all more ESTJ.

The OP descript sounds like an ESTJ anyway. But ENTJ also works in some respects.
    He doesn't give a crap about fashion. However, he does prefer wearing his hair long because he thinks it looks cooler and makes him stand out more.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    He could just be an ESTJ who has developed his Ne decently. He still sounds over-all more ESTJ.
    Ne or Ni? I don't know if it matters. What fascinates me about the OP description (which is really lovely, by the way) is the way it starts out describing ESTJ traits but then veers off into ENTJ territory. If her boyfriend is more of an ENTJ, I predict that she would have started out describing an ENTJ type.

The guy says that Ni and Si are both important to him. This is an important statement, but it's only one clue. The fact that he doesn't like typology isn't a very good clue in this case as it doesn't serve his career needs.

You also see this in the OP:

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENTJ.html
    "ENTJs love to interact with people. As Extroverts, they're energized and stimulated primarily externally. There's nothing more enjoyable and satisfying to the ENTJ than having a lively, challenging conversation."

He is not a pure type. So what happens when someone skilled in making descriptions of people runs across some contradictory traits? The whole idea of typology loses focus. And that idea is to box people in to a single type. And so they come here looking to resolve a contradiction that can't be solved without dumping the idea of typology itself.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    He doesn't give a crap about fashion. However, he does prefer wearing his hair long because he thinks it looks cooler and makes him stand out more.
    ES(n)TJ. Is that a type?

This happens all the time in typology, because the MBTI is so boxing in about its type calls.

Ne or Ni? I don't know if it matters. What fascinates me about the OP description (which is really lovely, by the way) is the way it starts out describing ESTJ traits but then veers off into ENTJ territory. If her boyfriend is more of an ENTJ, I predict that she would have started out describing an ENTJ type.

The guy says that Ni and Si are both important to him. This is an important statement, but it's only one clue. The fact that he doesn't like typology isn't a very good clue in this case as it doesn't serve his career needs.

You also see this in the OP:

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENTJ.html
    "ENTJs love to interact with people. As Extroverts, they're energized and stimulated primarily externally. There's nothing more enjoyable and satisfying to the ENTJ than having a lively, challenging conversation."

He is not a pure type. So what happens when someone skilled in making descriptions of people runs across some contradictory traits? The whole idea of typology loses focus. And that idea is to box people in to a single type. And so they come here looking to resolve a contradiction that can't be solved without dumping the idea of typology itself.
    Sigh, yes, he's a complicated one. The reason I mentioned his distaste for typology is because I heard that S-types are generally less interested in it than N-types are.

Haha, he'd probably be delighted to hear that he's difficult to box and would go on to say that MBTI is stupid. :P

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    Sigh, yes, he's a complicated one. The reason I mentioned his distaste for typology is because I heard that S-types are generally less interested in it than N-types are.

Haha, he'd probably be delighted to hear that he's difficult to box and would go on to say that MBTI is stupid. :P
    He's right in a way. It's the weakest system I know of.

It's possible that he swings between types during his day. The ANSIR states that people evince different traits depending on what they are doing, relaxing at home or doing things at work. Their cognitive patterns also do not have to correspond with their behavior.

If you say he's complex, then he IS complex. But the problem is not you or your typing ability, the problem is the MBTI.

All types have both S and N functions. But to hinge your entire analysis on how he dresses, whether a bit more splashy or understated, is ridiculous.