Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yes, of course. We can find Type 6 people of any MBTI types.
    Examples of Type 6 ENTJ:

^this

also

ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ^this

also

Is it Jay Leno? Rather ENTP I think.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Is it Jay Leno? Rather ENTP I think.
    I've actually changed my mind to ESTP actually (though ENTP works too).
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

dammit

but i have been looking at enneagram central alot...it seems like i fit nine...kinda hmmmm

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    dammit

but i have been looking at enneagram central alot...it seems like i fit nine...kinda hmmmm
    Not impossible, but unlikely. I'm an INTJ 9 which is kind of rare (I use Ni-Te to finesse things and avoid annoyances) while most INTJs end up as 5s and 6s and 1s, but it's super rare for ENTJ. Te doms don't tend to pull punches or finesse, as a matter of course.

Here's a post that contains my current synopsis of how Enneagram works (and doesn't work): http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...32#post1915032

The main thing is to look for how you habitually react, not how you "behave". The personality descriptions aren't the essence of the enneagram typology - the core is the "type of reactiveness" if you will.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Your correct type is the one that describes you at your worst. It's how you end up thoughtlessly reacting to situations. In the case of the 6, your initial reaction is to either distrust or to attempt to establish trust, even when the issue of "trust" is irrelevant. This extends to trust in oneself, hence the issues with self-confidence.

Also, ENTJ 6 is not that rare, 3rd most common ENTJ type, after 8 (of course) and 3 (duh):
    I like the graph, but describing someone at their worst might end up revealing the point of deterioration. Also, when I was at my worst I could have been typed as a 4 and not a 5 because the 4-wing was causing so many issues.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I like the graph, but describing someone at their worst might end up revealing the point of deterioration. Also, when I was at my worst I could have been typed as a 4 and not a 5 because the 4-wing was causing so many issues.
    But are you an "average" five or a "healthy" five? Is your main reaction to problems in life to develop mastery of a skill or set of knowledge? If you "disintegrate" like a 4 and not like a 5, that would suggest your Enneagram type is 4. That is to say, perhaps 5 describes your personality aptly, and you aren't a hopeless romantic by temperament as a 4 might be, but in terms of integration/disintegration you follow the Enneagram 4 path?

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    But are you an "average" five or a "healthy" five? Is your main reaction to problems in life to develop mastery of a skill or set of knowledge? If you "disintegrate" like a 4 and not like a 5, that would suggest your Enneagram type is 4. That is to say, perhaps 5 describes your personality aptly, and you aren't a hopeless romantic by temperament as a 4 might be, but in terms of integration/disintegration you follow the Enneagram 4 path?
    Kewl, I haven't had anybody here pondering my type in a long time.

I was referring to events from almost 20 years ago. Things were a lot different back then. I don't believe that types and wing-types have to be on the same level of functioning. That's based on personal experience. Wing-types also move along the arrows independently of the main type.

"you aren't a hopeless romantic by temperament as a 4 might be." That's true. I don't have a stereotypical romantic temperament or aesthetic leanings. But a 4's primary issue has more to do with being understood and seeking identity. They wish to "reveal themselves" indirectly through works of art. That's not me.

But at the age of 29 I had reached rock-bottom: my 4 was at level 9. I don't know where 5 was, but it wasn't even near level 9.

Let's assume you're correct. In that case, I was a 4 at that age, but now I'm definitely a 5. So that means enneatype can change.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Kewl, I haven't had anybody here pondering my type in a long time.

I was referring to events from almost 20 years ago. Things were a lot different back then. I don't believe that types and wing-types have to be on the same level of functioning. That's based on personal experience. Wing-types also move along the arrows independently of the main type.

"you aren't a hopeless romantic by temperament as a 4 might be." That's true. I don't have a stereotypical romantic temperament or aesthetic leanings. But a 4's primary issue has more to do with being understood and seeking identity. They wish to "reveal themselves" indirectly through works of art. That's not me.

But at the age of 29 I had reached rock-bottom: my 4 was at level 9. I don't know where 5 was, but it wasn't even near level 9.

Let's assume you're correct. In that case, I was a 4 at that age, but now I'm definitely a 5. So that means enneatype can change.
    Most Enneagram authors posit that Enneagram type can change over time, though they tend to suggest particular paths that it changes.

W/r to the text I made bold, I think that is one of many "side effect" descriptions that end up in the various sources, due to the prominence of particular MBTI types (in this case, ISFP, INFP, INFJ, ENFP) within a particular Enneagram type. Similarly, type 5 reads as a weird hash of INTJ and INTP descriptions, leaving both INTJ and INTP to find the 5's description incomplete or incorrect, even though it is very often the "truest" of the 9 types for them. I wouldn't expect an INTP 4 to use "works of art" as a means of expressing oneself. I'd expect an INTP concerned with "identity" and "being understood" to approach these issues via INTP strengths: establishing an intellectual identity, establishing clear communications of INTP-style ideas. A type 5 INTP would be motivated by a hunger for ideas and knowledge, while a type 4 INTP would be motivated by a need to express original ideas, to present the most beautiful and elegant logic. An INTP's "inner world" is a world of logical ideas.

Anyway, those or just thoughts. I tend to ponder typological riddles, such as "what does a 'smart ESFP' look like? what does a 'stupid INTJ or INTP' look like?", where the point is to figure out how to separate the stereotypical personalities of a type from the core essence of the type. "What does an INTP 4 look like?" is a similar question, one to which you might even know the answer.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

@Inari Love

I'm gonna say 6w5 SP/SO for you. Maybe 9s in your tritype though if you relate to it a lot. You do strike me as 6ish though, and an extroverted 5 is pretty much unheard of, especially SX-last
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%