*EDIT* I decided to put in a poll, for those who are wondering what the fudge INTP and ENTP are doing there, they would not be my choice but they seemed to pop up a lot lately in vent and occasionally in my blog.
So it's that time again, third time might be the lucky time....I hope.
So those that have dealt with me will know im rather scattered on this issue because my emotional state is rarely consistant.
I now believe I am clear on some parts of myself. IxFx seems to be mostly accurate.
Of course there are difficulties for me in self typing and accepting other typings because many people misunderstand or misappropriate the theory. For instance far too often intelligence is associated with intuitition over sensing and more people hold this view than will admit it.
But the commonality which induces relationships of understanding is intelligence, not necessarily the divergence of a function. So an intelligent sensor is more likely to find common ground with an intelligent intuitive.
What may differ is the approach, but this does not mean that the same conclusions cannot be reached.
Thinking and Feeling may come into conflict more readily, but this is because of a lack of wisdom. Both dichotomies need to learn to show appreciation for the opposite so that they may grow and see the reasons and situations where functions of both apply.
So Thinking needs to understand the logic in values and Feeling needs to understand the value in logic.
As Jung himself said: "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between Thinking and Feeling."
Now as for me, those who know me from vent will know me in more detail.
But for those who do not I will try to give an overview in bullet points:
- I prefer alone time, but often social interaction can be a relief depending on my stress levels.
- I tend to appear fairly unemotional, but I can be expressive if im in the mood.
- I seem to learn best through understandings wrought from building things up bit by bit into a whole, but occasionally I get 'aha' moments.
- While I can be logical and appreciate the approach, I often sideline it in favour of more emotional oriented goals and choices.
- I seem to conceive ideas best when im walking alone, simply sitting or talking to others does not always help for clarity.
- I get upset if I am stuck in a single place for too long, I tend to be better if I have a job or something which induces a feeling of worth in myself.
- I can conceptualise and understand fairly difficult ideas, but this is always from the angle of concrete understanding. If it is too abstract I have to force the understanding or else lose the meaning.
- I can be very gregarious in social situations in which I am truely comfortable.
- I often come to decisions too quickly and miss options which later present themselves.
- When working I put a lot of effort in to do my part and get everything finished, sometimes I take on too much.
- I often miss subtleties and what is straight in front of me.
- Although I dont always miss them, but sometimes in social situations I space out and miss jokes.
- I often appear unintelligent or gullible to others in real life.
- I enjoy the written word and have a great fascination with the archetypes of fiction.
- I dont mind thinking about the future, but it has to be a close future or about something specific, like a new technology or film coming out, too far and I become depressed and apprehensive. Normally I prefer the past.
- My conceptions and apparant desire for communications concerning them are primarily because of the era I have been brought up in. There is more value in less productive innovation and conceptualisation than in the past.
- I can from one moment to the next go from chatty and witty to quiet and dull.
- I wish to seek a usage for myself, a place where I can..be of service I suppose but also where I can find some purpose of satisfaction in my own desires.
- My fears are of a lack of abundance in anything.
- I love my imagination and enjoy listening to music and visualising something to go with it,
- I am a bit of an idealist and romantic, but I seek to keep this in check lest it make me abandon realism.
- I can be stubborn but not especially so, often I am too complacent, rebellious in mind but not in action.
- My ambitions are quite small and ive never visualised any sense of inner flame or destiny for myself.
- Im quite untidy but I will keep some order in my environment.
- I like to absorb knowledge to better understand things, because unfortunately I need the input of others insights.
- Creating anything wholly of my own is very difficult.
There are probably more. I do relate to this video on ISFJ's:
Although im not much of a Keirsey ISFJ.
Some would say if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....but im not so sure.
Anyhow sorry for annoying people with this...but any thoughts?