0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • Other (please state)

0 0%
First 1234 Last

I've been staring at wall of text for a while now and am confused as hell lol. There's too many possibilities that keeps branching out for me based on what you wrote. At the moment I'm thinking either ISFJ or INFJ, eliminating my initial Ne guess. You seem to lack spontaneity (Ne/Se) that I associate with the FP/TP types and you seem more deliberate and methodical. There's also the whole analysis paralysis of the INFJ types (Ni+Ti loop).

Anyways, between ISFJ and INFJ, I'm leaning towards INFJ more. There's just too much of a penchant to attack angles, shake perspectives, and possibilities that I see in your post, in which I attribute to an iNtuition preference. Overall you strike me as subjective iNtuitive over objective iNtuitive. Googling Ne vs. Ni generated this result http://personalitycafe.com/articles/...-ne-vs-ni.html. There are also information you posted like these, that makes me think NFJ:

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I often come to decisions too quickly and miss options which later present themselves.
    While I can be logical and appreciate the approach, I often sideline it in favour of more emotional oriented goals and choices.
    When working I put a lot of effort in to do my part and get everything finished, sometimes I take on too much.
    I seem to conceive ideas best when im walking alone, simply sitting or talking to others does not always help for clarity.
    Taking in more than you can handle and coming to conclusions too quickly could be interpreted as someone who overestimates their insights/abilities (*cough* Ni types *cough*). You're also pretty articulate in videos you posted. In contrast, an FP type, like myself, who uses Ne, has trouble presenting myself without looking sloppy (I have difficulty articulating myself in person vs. writing). It has to do with the nature of Ne/Se being all over the place.

Oh well, this is all I got. I'm also ignoring some of the your posts in this forum that sounds like blatant Fi rants haha. I'm just gonna convince myself that you're bitter/disillusioned with society/people (antisocial Fe bent) and how it doesn't match up to your vision (Ni), which creates hyper criticism (Ni+Ti).

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I find it wiser to type by building from behavior to functions rather than vice versa as your behavior should match your functions and although you could discover your behavior via functions the functions in my experience are much more confusing and difficult to read than just the 4 letter MBTI preferences so if you test INFJ on an MBTI test that must be your type and your function set.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I find it wiser to type by building from behavior to functions rather than vice versa as your behavior should match your functions and although you could discover your behavior via functions the functions in my experience are much more confusing and difficult to read than just the 4 letter MBTI preferences so if you test INFJ on an MBTI test that must be your type and your function set.
    How successful were you when using the method that you described?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    How successful were you when using the method that you described?
    I was a lot more successful than when applying functions since I have been typed anything from ENTP to ISTP to INTJ based on the functions experts though the real truth is in the middle of the 3, INTP. Whenever people bring functions into play it usually creates very confused and contradictory conversations.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Taking in more than you can handle and coming to conclusions too quickly could be interpreted as someone who overestimates their insights/abilities (*cough* Ni types *cough*). You're also pretty articulate in videos you posted. In contrast, an FP type, like myself, who uses Ne, has trouble presenting myself without looking sloppy (I have difficulty articulating myself in person vs. writing). It has to do with the nature of Ne/Se being all over the place.

Oh well, this is all I got. I'm also ignoring some of the your posts in this forum that sounds like blatant Fi rants haha. I'm just gonna convince myself that you're bitter/disillusioned with society/people (antisocial Fe bent) and how it doesn't match up to your vision (Ni), which creates hyper criticism (Ni+Ti).
    Thanks for the post.

In regards to the first bolded paragraph; I actually used to underestimate myself a lot. My motive for taking on too much has less to do with overestimated capabilities than it does with an obligation to help out and not appear like a lazy slacker. But I soon found out that the reward for working well and doing lots of work....is more work. So ive stopped doing that as much.

As for articulate.....ive become more articulate as I got older because I made deliberate attempts to do so, usually my ideas and conversations are rambling and fly off at all angles, this used to frustrate and annoy a lot of people who knew me well because I appeared to only fill in part of what was in my head, so what I did say made no sense. So over time I forced myself to be a bit more diciplined and learn how to hold a decent conversation and be more socially adept.

The other two problems lie with the I/E dichotomy and my 'vision' as you said in the second paragraph. As far as I can tell im not aware of any inner vision of society or anything else for that matter. Societies are too bound by environment, and over time, traditions from this difference in environment so expecting a change in them, or a growth of it's members is naivity. There is something to be said for idealogical romanticism such as 'it would be nice if only everyone was nice'. However I think it is better to say 'wouldnt it be nice if people were more intelligent, sensible and thought before they acted?'

As for I/E there has been some difficulty there. Some people take my verbosity in vent as a sign of extraversion, not to mention that the expressive way I appear to act puts people off a suggestion of introversion. Until recently id assumed I was introverted because I had spent the majority of my life conforming to a textbook example of introversion. I did not speak much, I was extremely retiring and even these days social interaction with large numbers of people still tires me after a few hours.

But it could just be im highly sensitive to information and I get overloaded too quickly, because im trying to take in too much at once as an extravert. My quiet nature when I was younger could easily be about shyness and lack of confidence than from introversion.

An interesting example of how people experience this differently with myself is one holiday in Wales with two friends of mine. One was and still is my best friend who had known me since I was around 6-7. I was telling them about MBTI a little and he said: "Well you are definitely an introvert, no doubt about that." The other friend was someone who id only known for around 4-5 years, but she is still a good friend, she said: "Really? I would never have pegged you as an introvert at all, you seem really outgoing."

Since my own insight isn't that good and has no clarity, I looked toward outside information as im doing here, this could be a sign of extraversion as well 'giving power to the object' as Jung might say. Unfortunately the confliction in views is quite hard to decipher.

Do I really come across as hyper-critical? Hmm perhaps you are right, sorry for that I hadn't noticed.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    In regards to the first bolded paragraph; I actually used to underestimate myself a lot. My motive for taking on too much has less to do with overestimated capabilities than it does with an obligation to help out and not appear like a lazy slacker. But I soon found out that the reward for working well and doing lots of work....is more work. So ive stopped doing that as much.

As for articulate.....ive become more articulate as I got older because I made deliberate attempts to do so, usually my ideas and conversations are rambling and fly off at all angles, this used to frustrate and annoy a lot of people who knew me well because I appeared to only fill in part of what was in my head, so what I did say made no sense. So over time I forced myself to be a bit more diciplined and learn how to hold a decent conversation and be more socially adept.
    Ok, I see now. It seems you've worked quite a bit on self-improvement. I hope you don't mind though. I took the liberty of function labeling some of your posts.

I changed my mind again! Overall I'm seeing more Si and Ne (in what order I don't know) now. Most of what you've written and the way you talked about it suggest Si and Ne preference. As for a dom/aux judging function, you made it clear that you prefer 'feeling' so Fe. By process of elimination, your thinking function is Ti. I can't single out a particular type, but I figured it would be fun to pick apart your post and assign functions to them.

The other two problems lie with the I/E dichotomy and my 'vision' as you said in the second paragraph. As far as I can tell im not aware of any inner vision of society or anything else for that matter. Societies are too bound by environment, and over time, traditions from this difference in environment so expecting a change in them, or a growth of it's members is naivity. There is something to be said for idealogical romanticism such as 'it would be nice if only everyone was nice'. However I think it is better to say 'wouldnt it be nice if people were more intelligent, sensible and thought before they acted?'
    (Fe) You view morals and ethics in terms of the group it seems. To put it simply, Fe = collectivism/collective moral; Fi = individualism/individual moral. This could also be a social instinct or e6 related perspective.

But it could just be im highly sensitive to information and I get overloaded too quickly, because im trying to take in too much at once as an extravert. My quiet nature when I was younger could easily be about shyness and lack of confidence than from introversion.
    (Fe?) I've heard that Fe types tend to take on the emotion of others and become overburden by it. I don't know how true this is though, or whether it's even exclusive to the Fe types. I don't believe I've felt that way (Fi user).

An interesting example of how people experience this differently with myself is one holiday in Wales with two friends of mine. One was and still is my best friend who had known me since I was around 6-7. I was telling them about MBTI a little and he said: "Well you are definitely an introvert, no doubt about that." The other friend was someone who id only known for around 4-5 years, but she is still a good friend, she said: "Really? I would never have pegged you as an introvert at all, you seem really outgoing."
    (Si) Lol you have a tendency to draw upon past experiences. I want to say this is introverted sensation, but that doesn't do the function justice. From my understanding, it does deal with experiences, but it's more vague than that. It's the sensational impressions one gets. I'm having a hard time understanding this in your posts. In other words I have difficulty shrugging off stereotypical definitions of Si.

Since my own insight isn't that good and has no clarity, I looked toward outside information as im doing here, this could be a sign of extraversion as well 'giving power to the object' as Jung might say. Unfortunately the confliction in views is quite hard to decipher.
    (Ne) This sounds like extraverted perception, namely extroverted intuition. Extroverted intuition sees the object at hand, possibilities explode from it, and then a judging function is required to reign it in and eliminate excess. Since the function is extraverted, it also requires external validation - “I look toward outside information.” It is an objective form of perception after all, at least according to Jung's definition of objective, which he associates with the external.

Do I really come across as hyper-critical? Hmm perhaps you are right, sorry for that I hadn't noticed.
    Nvm what I said earlier regarding that. I read into too much sometimes.

Why ESFJ though? Was it the archetype descriptions? Was it the functions (Fe+Si)? I'm just curious, I have nothing more to add.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

You see this is what I was talking about. People who appeal to functions always have to back up their claims with fabricated evidence that is so shaky it can easily change at a moment's notice.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    You see this is what I was talking about. People who appeal to functions always have to back up their claims with fabricated evidence that is so shaky it can easily change at a moment's notice.
    Typing is a trial and error process regardless of method. Some get it right first try, some take longer, and some never figure it out. There's no objective way to measure the accuracy of anyone's type anyways.

I find it wiser to type by building from behavior to functions rather than vice versa as your behavior should match your functions...
    Also, using the method that you proposed, wouldn't it essentially fall into the same trappings, biases, and as you put it "fabricated evidence" as mines? Maybe you should apply your method to AA to demonstrate its effectiveness.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Why ESFJ though? Was it the archetype descriptions? Was it the functions (Fe+Si)? I'm just curious, I have nothing more to add.
    Cheers for the insight.

As for this, well you got it right; that was why I chose that type. I know a lot of people seem to throw hate at supposed ESFJ's, but I put that down more to assumption based around collective misconceptions and archetypes of what an ESFJ is supposed to be.

But mainly it was the functions.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Typing is a trial and error process regardless of method. Some get it right first try, some take longer, and some never figure it out. There's no objective way to measure the accuracy of anyone's type anyways.

Also, using the method that you proposed, wouldn't it essentially fall into the same trappings, biases, and as you put it "fabricated evidence" as mines? Maybe you should apply your method to AA to demonstrate its effectiveness.
    Good points and sorry if I offended you as typing like you said must take multiple hypotheses and approached from many alternative viewpoints and my method is not really a method at all, it's just looking for whether someone is E Vs. I and so on for each letter.