• INFP

1 12.50%
  • INFJ

6 75.00%
  • Other (tell me!)

1 12.50%
123 Last

Default INFP confirmed? INFJ? Other?

Hi there, the more I study typology the more I get lost. I don't know if my functions are just balanced or anything like this... I've been testing for several times as an INFP, but I have to say, since I first discovered MBTI, I scored as many types. When I was 14, that was when I took my first test, I scored ENTJ. I read the description and it wasn't me, and my family members agreed. I wasn't an ENTJ. Then, I took the test again and I came up as an INFJ. I asked my relatives if it was right, and they agreed. Years later, I retook the test and it said ENFP, then ENFJ. Totally crazy. And nowadays I scored as an INFP.

All the NF types seems to fit in some ways to my personality. All of them.

Then, I read about MBTI in children, and the profile of "INJ child" was perfectly my description as a child.

Portrait of an INJ Child

In the sticky thread here "A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type" I perceived that I use the directing information style, what indicates again INFJ.

I may fit pretty well in both descriptions (of INFJ and INFP), but I really want to take a final decision.

But then, what makes me think I'm an INFP?

Well, Si: the nostalgia, the detailed information about the past and indulgency in past imaginations are very common.

About Fe and Fi, sometimes I may appear Fi, and sometimes Fe. I have many values of my own, that doesn't fit the overrall scheme of things around me. In spite of it, I have also some values that are shared with my family and religion. Like it's 50/50.

What are the boundaries between what's Fi-Ne and what's Fe through Ni?

Some characteristics that I may highlight about me:

*I'm outspoken and stubborn about things I believe. It may get me in heated discussions sometimes.
    *I matured early. People say that when I was 15 I had a behavior of a 35-years-old. I kind of skipped my teen years.
    *People comes to me asking for counselling, and it's a pleasure for me to do it.
    *I dislike when big plans aren't decided ahead of time like travels etc. But I really don't care about smaller things when decided spontaneously.
    *I had a hard time deciding what to do with my life.
    *I suffer from a big lack of coordination and mild hypochondria, heh (I don't know if it has to do with some inferior function, soooo).
    *I have a great imagination and I have a lot of intellectual curiosity.
    *I love reading, writing, and playing/ listening to music. I love antiques too.
    *I love studying psychology and human behavior. Mainly because I like studying people and their motivations in general.
    *I'm not shy, although I'm rather quiet and reserved.
    *I have a quirky sense of humor.
    *I tend to fantasize the world and create an atmosphere to it.
    *I'm responsible and very careful.
    *I tend to have "nostalgia about times I hadn't lived".
    *I kind of feel disconnected from my body and when I pay attention to it, it seems strange.
    *Sometimes I fall in a paranoiac mode, principally when I'm worried about something. And I obsess over it.
    *I can appear a little bit rebellious sometimes, but I'm not really a rebellious person. Just a non-conformist about things I find wrong in the world.

What's your opinion? I'm really an INFP? Or an INFJ? Please, help me!

Thank you all!
    Last edited by Rosabel; 08-14-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Is it possible you are an S type even though you never tested it? I suppose it is unlikely but for a while I thought I was (and I still consider it) an S type, ISTP to be precise, but then I didn't get along too well with other people who are that type on this forum so it became more obvious it wasn't right. So I am an inTP!

You should talk to other users who are INFP or INFJ and see which ones you like and get along better with. @Ginkgo is an INFP. @AffirmitiveAnxiety is an INFJ.

Hummm, it would be great to have some opinions from people of each type!

Normally I try to discover the type of some fictional characters that I may relate to, or singers/ celebrities to see. Normally they are INF's, yeah. So it ends up not making any difference by the fact that fictional characters are not like real people since they depend of an author to gain a personality.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Inclined towards INFJ.
    -
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

INFJ, I think. INFPs tend to be a bit more awkward. Plus, directive style isn't INFP-ish at all.

Thank you all!

Yesterday I read something about sometimes the Ni truths and Fi values being misunderstood. That some INFJ's may in first place take them as INFP's because their Ni truths seems like Fi values, and vice-versa you know, INFP's thinking they are INFJ's because of that function confusion... it's really tricky.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I voted INFJ though INFP remains a possibility.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Try reading through some of the (in)famous Fe/Fi threads on the forum, that should help a lot. Pretty much everything you mentioned in your OP is not at all type-related, lol.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I've yet to see a 4 INFJ. I know there are visibly 5w4/5w6 INFJs but that makes sense because their Ti-types. A 4 INFJ..? Unlikely. You could be a 5, but I could see the descriptions you listed as possible for both. There are plenty of directive INFPs as well, especially for your age. Just to put balance into the arena, i would argue INFP.