• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused about type

Capricorn Moon

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w5
I took MBTI test when i was in high school and i got ISFP. The difference between S and N was very little, but i think i was satisffied with results. However, after few years i found text about types again and i realised i don't really match ISFP. First of all, i deffinitelly don't live in present. I have feeling that my life didn't start yet, and i am waiting for it. I don't like facts or cathegories... When i am studying i read whole book few times, without repeating anything, instead to study part by part and repeat them. I said this because many people find it strange when they hear it. Also, i hate details, i just don't find them important.... I do love art, and i am somehow artistic, but i don't have tallent in artistic fields where i have to make something with my hands. I am only good in writing, and i was good in acting in my teens (i wasn't on stage since high scool). And i prefer spending type in house, not really outside. But, i do procrastinate a lot, for example.

Anyway, not long ago, i took some MBTI test again and got INFP, but after it, i took different wersion of MBTI, and then Socionics test and got INFJ.
I am only sure i am highly I, and probably F, but i need opion from someone who knows more about this matter and have experience with people.

I find it strange to talk about myself with people... So, my sentences could look a bit chaotic right now. I was told few times that i am weird an unusual. I heard from some people that they it hard to talk to myself because i make wall around myself, i look cold, distand and uninterested, but i believe i just need time. In genneral, i need more time to think about some problem and more time to react than average person. On the other hand, even some people got surprised when they hear i study social work, i had lot of success in talk with people who are in needs. I spent some time in few institutions where social workers can work, on practice, and i in general had very good relations with all people i worked with and they talked to me more than to other people. I feel related to people with some problem, because on some way i feel rejected from official society, on soul level.
Other than this, i could be very melancholic. Few years ago, i was diagnosed with depression, but i always accepted it like normal part of myself, not like illness. There is something nice in sadness after all. I have to say that i also have somehow dark side of myself. And no, i don't want to hurt other people, and i am not evil, but it happen that i think about dark side of the world, and feel it inside. I sometimes write about it, all my stories are reflection of my inner world; about love and hate and huiman soul between it. I am attracted to mysterious things , so i study astrology, what you could notice if you look my name here. But then, i feel need to help people, solve their problems (that's why i study social work). I am not sure am i idealist or not. I wan't better world, but i see bad things of current one. I want to help, but i am not always optimistic. I am trying to be nice always, but sometimes i can get angry... so i prefer to avoid person or situation when i don't have what nice to say.

In everyday's life, i don't like following rules, but i am not really loud and i don't fight against things i don't like, although they annoy me. I just refuse to follow. I like attention, but i am reserved and controled, so i stay ''in the corner'', although i wouldn't like it always. In general, i feel alone i it's hard to me to relate to this word. I love vintage and retro things, because i feel they have some background, some story to tell... simply, they have a soul.

I have some strange fears, but i believe they are not connected to the type... Fear of birds for example. And i can be quite selective when it comes about food, what is even funny.

So, what do you think? What could be my type? I think i am only sure i'm introvert.
About some things i don't talk to people i know, and not even friends, because i have no idea how they will perceive it. A friend from childhood told me, after 13 years, that she doesn't know me, that she believes she know more about some people after few months, than about me, after many years.

P.S. I hope i didn't bother, i maybe wrote a lot in this post.

Last edited:

Capricorn Moon

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w5
Would anyone give some guess about it? How does this sound?
I got more than one result, so i have trouble to decide what am i... I am more likely to ask other people to decide instead of me, than to make decision myself. :blush:

And once again, i am sorry if i bother too much.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sometimes write about it, all my stories are reflection of my inner world; about love and hate and huiman soul between it. I am attracted to mysterious things , so i study astrology, what you could notice if you look my name here.

This makes me think INFJ because the "mysterious things" like astrology seem to attract Ni dominants and their psychic love for the occult.

Of course I could be wrong about you being INFJ. Maybe if you filled out a questionare or posted a video we could get a better idea of what type you might be.

Capricorn Moon

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w5
This makes me think INFJ because the "mysterious things" like astrology seem to attract Ni dominants and their psychic love for the occult.

Of course I could be wrong about you being INFJ. Maybe if you filled out a questionare or posted a video we could get a better idea of what type you might be.

Thank you for trying to help! :)
I can try to answer questionary.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I think i am difficult person, in some way.... I wouldn't say i am changeable, but i feel some aspects of my personality don't match each other and it's hard to me to choose only one way. First, although i believe i am deffinitelly intuitive, i still have some strong S traits. I do see big pictuire, don't notice details but see larger concepts, i feel what is inside, and not ouside... i have problems with pure facts, without deeper explanation. I need global viewI am oriented on future and past most of time, but i am very physical person too. I see some INFPs write they are not always aware of their bodies. Well, it's not the case here. I can feel every impulse and i totally feel connected with my body, very aware and in touch with it an my physical needs, same i am conected with my soul. I easily feel even little changes inside me. I can also feel very strong sexual attraction and desire without love, but i am not promiscuous and i have principles i don't break. So i guess i have a bit of sensor in me, but except of this aspects i am more intuitive. Another reason is that i always search for who i am, where is my place on Earth, and so on. I ask myself many questions and try to fellthings from all sides. But, it also makes me confused and i often get lost.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to feel as much as possible, to know as much as possible, to search as much as possible... I am courious if there anything more except this life, and who we really are. And i want to know my soulmate with similar desires is somewhere on this planet.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

We had competition of high school plays and i was in it. The competition was held in the oldest theatre in my country. The feeling i was standing there made me happy. I felt like a part of history.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I am not sure. Even when i feel it, i don't want to accept fact that i can be inferior. Depressive thoughts make me weak... fear that my life will be so ordinary and without true meaning.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I am trying to think about every side of the problem and i am often afraid that i could be wrong. I offten think long time, but then i do what i didn't even expect, on way i didn't expect. I deffinitelly listen feelings, and some inner voice, but i preffer not to do anything if it can hurt others.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I act very passive, and i let others take control, but after some time, it start to bothers me and i start discussing what i like or don't like, and talk about my ideas. I don't like to be boss, but i give advices and suggestions.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Probably on some of my trips... I liked feeling of something new and unknown around me... New cultures, new people, new languages... Culture shock is fun for me actually.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Everything together! The feeling is not complete without all of that.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Not at all. I make plan, but then i change it... and change it again... and in the end, i don't respect it.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to see what is behind, and then i try to see how those ideas are connected with other similar ideas and where is their place in global picture.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Both. I have to be in peace with myself and be in touch with my soul, and then i can take care about others. If i feel depressed, i am not much productive. Then, i become bitter and negative and can't do anything.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Think before speaking and speak only if i believe i have what to say. I prefer one-on-one communication, but in some situation i don't mind group discussion, because i can hear more opinions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I don't jump before i am not sure. Words ahould be followed by actions. It can't be only one. I usually want to be sure before i do something, want to know meaning and purpose, but sometimes i surprise myself and do something unexpected.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Stay at home and watch show.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I can start panic and become very nervous. I often cry.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I don't like people without principles and people who use power to hurt others...

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I can really talk about everything, but right now i would like to have who to talk to about ''spiritual revolution'' or ''revoulution of soul''- how i call it. I like talkings about taboos too.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

Fake things, fake people...

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I believe they see me as a bit colder than i really am. I look distant, but sometimes it looks from the outside i care less than i really care because i am not sure how to show it. Probably

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Read good book, start writing new novella, search texts about astrology... I don't mind staying at home in pijama while doing all that. And then i can dress clothes i like go for a walk and think about many different things while walking (i like to walk and imagine many different things and situations), then i can go to vintage shop or to theatre... alone, or with friends. If i have boyfriend i would do all this with him.

I hope this helped. How do i sound? :unsure:

Capricorn Moon

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w5
And to add, when i said good book, in the last question, my first choice would be Dostoevsky, and then maybe Zola or Kafka.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=16347]Capricorn Moon[/MENTION] I'm getting an INFP vibe from you :) and enneagram 4. Nice to meet you.