• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me Based On Creative Writing Sample?

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Since coming on this forum, I've wanted to present a description of myself so that I can get input on my type, but I'm way too self-conscious to do that.

Though this is also somewhat painful, I thought it would be interesting to see if you guys could type me based on a short sample of my creative writing.

Since I'm pretty much sure of my type already, I'm thinking this will just reaffirm it for me!

Here goes... :unsure:

She imagines melancholy people in a rainstorm. They are feeling very uneasy and they imagine their relief in a thousand different ways. Even a dozen ways, perhaps. They make themselves a cup of tea and take deep soothing breaths, bundling themselves in their comforters and throws. They feel better in this place, warm inside, listening to the rain that has become a soft music to them. Now everything is lulling them back and things begin to feel secure once again. The tinge of melancholy might remain, but it is discrete. She imagines these people in their warm-lit homes staring, relaxed, out into blackness, where the rain falls in torrents and the wind howls. These people in her mind in their candle lit bubbles who drive away sadness with cups of tea, though she has imagined them, she cannot begin to comprehend their talent, the efficiency of their minds.

She imagines herself in the rain storm and though she is sheltered, the room is very grey and reflective of her mood. She doesn’t want any tea or any blankets or anything of the sort. Maybe she wants them, but it won’t occur to her. She is very vague in this room; she has melted into the walls. Sometimes in her imagination her face will flash in the room. It is her face flashing, though it is has no distinguishing features. It is just a random face. It floats and then disintegrates. There in the melancholy chamber an identity eludes her.

In her mind she is always thirsty and there is always water, a glass perhaps, that she can’t lift to her lips and might not even see. She is a loathsome creature that, when given options, will sit there blankly, for any move made would be an announcement of herself, an act of being. The failure to choose had consequences as well, but she wouldn’t know this, as great as her ignorance was. She is not actively resisting; she is simply incapable.

When she saw his familiar face for the very first time, she emerged from her imaginings, parched. He stood before her, his face a teleprompter, and his words whispered cues from behind the curtains. When she opened her mouth to speak, a faint hiss escaped her throat and became an expression, a static noise that represented her in their interaction. And while the thought of water might have existed somewhere in her mind, she had no instinct to follow such thoughts, those that would create solutions for her.

Perhaps it was her hope that with this static hiss he would create the choicest words he could hear from a woman. If perhaps her existence was completely subject to his interpretation, he would construct the woman he desired. If her face was a blank canvas, he would paint the inviting eyes and the compelling smile that he sought. If he had everything his way, as she believed an artist did, he would create her identity for her and she would be relieved of that burden. When she first saw him, she saw in him this capability and a familiarity with herself. That is where the story began, the moment of recognition.

KDude

I think I see a lot of Ne and Si. Can't say much more.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I think I see a lot of Ne and Si. Can't say much more.

Well thanks for trying! I thought it might be a fun, different way to try typing someone.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP. So much Fi and Si and Ne

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wasn't sure about Fi. The last part about being faceless and the interaction with the guy seemed Fe. Kind of outsourcing the job of "identity".

True. So we both agree it's Si and Ne, and Fe, but in what order?

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I wasn't sure about Fi. The last part about being faceless and the interaction with the guy seemed Fe. Kind of outsourcing the job of "identity".

True. So we both agree it's Si and Ne, and Fe, but in what order?

I have always related to descriptions of Fe. When I was led to INFP as my possible type, I learned that Fe is only a shadow function. I am still somewhat confused about shadow functions.

KDude

Well, I'd say Si is serving Ne in your case. Weak Si.. can't even get a glass of water, knowing full well you want it. :laugh: At the same time, you paint some cool sensory impressions in the beginning the post, but they have a sort of reflective poetic tinge about it that I guess might be the language of an intuitive.

A

A window to the soul

Maybe Wolf is shy and the thirst for water is symbolic of a longing to engage with people.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you for sharing your writing with everyone. I couldn't really guess your type though so I'm going to have to sit this one out. :)

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I think [MENTION=16164]Wolfie[/MENTION] is an INFP!

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I think [MENTION=16164]Wolfie[/MENTION] is an INFP!

I have been beginning to think I use Fe, not Fi. I am still exploring that. It's possible I use Fi, and for whatever reason, it is more Fe-ish. I have been thinking INFP for a while, but the Fe/Fi question still lingers, so I am not sure.

Thanks for bothering to guess!! :D

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have been beginning to think I use Fe, not Fi. I am still exploring that. It's possible I use Fi, and for whatever reason, it is more Fe-ish. I have been thinking INFP for a while, but the Fe/Fi question still lingers, so I am not sure.

Thanks for bothering to guess!! :D
Maybe you should do a cognitive functions test to figure out the strenght of the individual functions and find out wether you are an N dom, F dom, or T dom. That should give you new tools in your self-assesment.
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Maybe you should do a cognitive functions test to figure out the strenght of the individual functions and find out wether you are an N dom, F dom, or T dom. That should give you new tools in your self-assesment.

Here's one that I had taken a while back:

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: ENFP
or Second Possibility: INFJ
or Third Possibility: INFP

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
Ne - Ni - Fi - Ti - Fe - Si - Te - Se

Your Cognitive Functions:
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||||||||||| 10.65
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||| 10.6
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.39
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.22
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||| 6.98
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||| 4.54
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||| 3.78
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -0.43

I don't think I test accurately because 9/10 I get INTP. (in other tests, obv)

I will try your test now! Wish me luck.. :blush:

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so

Here are the results from that test:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.9)
average use

introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.1)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.6)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34)
good use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.8)
average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.2)
limited use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use

Tests just confuse me.. :huh:

Here are the types they suggest:

Closest match: ENFJ
2nd: INFJ
3rd: ENFP

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tests just confuse me.. :huh:

Here are the types they suggest:

Closest match: ENFJ
2nd: INFJ
3rd: ENFP
:thinking: I can see why.
The test seems to imply you are an F-dom, leaning towards ENFJ.
As you can see your feeling functions seem to get the highest scores. That would make you an dominant feeler.
The overall order of strenght for feeling, intuition, sensing and thinking would be
F
N
S
T

That does point to Feeling as dominant function. There are only two F-dom Ns: ENFJ and INFP.
Fe and Fi is tied which is curious...although I also actually scored higher on Fi than Fe on this one back in the day.
Since Ni is stronger out of the N scores, as is Se out of the Ss It would point to ENFJ. The weird thing is that the Te score is higher than Ti and ENFJs don't use Te. :rly???:
Would you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert?
Which of the NF type profiles do you identify with the best? I liked the INFJ profile here http://personalityjunkie.com/ . It's my favorite of the ones floating around on the internets... :DThere are profiles for other types too, if you are interested :)