• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What was my type again?

KDude

ISFJ or ISTP.. Come to think of it, you've always been confused on Fi. I only entertain ISFJ because you said once that you were compelled to please or something..like you avoided conflict when younger? You can clarify. It's either 9-ness coming out or Fe. Or both. I don't see an IxTP doing it without eventually pulling out their hair.

wolfy

awsm
ISFJ or ISTP.. Come to think of it, you've always been confused on Fi. I only entertain ISFJ because you said once that you were compelled to please or something..like you avoided conflict when younger? You can clarify. It's either 9-ness coming out or Fe. Or both. I don't see an IxTP doing it without eventually pulling out their hair.

I don't know if I avoided conflict that much. I wanted to perform well, I remember that. I have always been pretty easy going though and tended to stay conflict free because of it. I can see Fe more than Fi, I think I see F type things as practical. I don't see J for me, istp with good Fe I could see.

I was reading in a type book that a split due to an unclear understanding of clear cut sense of self in the world. Thought that was interesting.

KDude

Well.. As a kid, I was a long way from good Fe. I've come about it relatively late. As a kid, I was a prick. Stole from my own mom. Ridiculed some poor kid who smelled like piss, and chased him until he slipped and broke his arm.. screaming at the top of his lungs. And all I did was kind of laugh and leave. Maybe I was simply broken for other reasons, but how could someone be born with more generous qualities and be the same type? I had to fry my brain and see God in order to get Fe.

Just an anecdote. I don't even know if I'm really ISTP myself. My point is that bettering myself that way has been a big project and then you're like "Yeah, I can do that" with relative ease and at an early age. It makes me think I've gone the wrong way about it.

wolfy

awsm
I see Te in the first paragraph and Fi in the second. Te being empirical ambition and Fi being what you value, and how you recharge. Ni is evident because you have a defined but not too detailed picture of your ambition (last sentence, first paragraph). ISFP.

From the other thread, in hindsight, your emotional expression was warm but restrained, which is evident of Fi users. The mouth is the only thing to animate, and only slightly, whereas the whole face works in concert to express the emotion. Fi is depth and comes through in action and convictions.

ISFP

Thanks for the feedback.

I vote ISTP.

Interesting how people are divided between isfp and istp.

Well.. As a kid, I was a long way from good Fe. I've come about it relatively late. As a kid, I was a prick. Stole from my own mom. Ridiculed some poor kid who smelled like piss, and chased him until he slipped and broke his arm.. screaming at the top of his lungs. And all I did was kind of laugh and leave. Maybe I was simply broken for other reasons, but how could someone be born with more generous qualities and be the same type? I had to fry my brain and see God in order to get Fe.

Just an anecdote. I don't even know if I'm really ISTP myself. My point is that bettering myself that way has been a big project and then you're like "Yeah, I can do that" with relative ease and at an early age. It makes me think I've gone the wrong way about it.

I don't know how or why people are different like that. I remember reflecting on things a lot when I was a kid. Especially a lot of stuff I did in the last year of primary school. I stole homework and copied it, then returned it. For some reason chose the girl that liked me. Took a rubiks cube with the intent to put it back done. Couldn't do it and pulled it apart to put it back done. Couldn't do that either so threw it away. Got caught doing that one. A lot of other stuff, all in the same year. Now that I think about it, it is funny how much I did that year. Funny that.

I always thought it was quite amusing, some of the things I did. I stole a playboy from the bookstore, then put it back. I didn't feel that guilty, but I'd looked at the pics and had no other use for it. The only thing I feel guilty about is I overcharged an old couple when I was selling stuff for school. That sucked, I'd give their dollar back in a heartbeat. I really feel like I was an asshole for doing that.

wolfy

awsm
Come on! Let's get the four letter words and smart ass comments rolling.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Come on! Let's get the four letter words and smart ass comments rolling.

so you're attached to getting things on the road rather than getting things in your hands, eh?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Is this the fourth or fifth thread about this?

Typewhore

:ninja:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so thats chart-the course for you, since you are clearly not an Extrovert.

KDude

Your comment on the gym class thread the other day almost made me consider ESTJ.

wolfy

awsm
If this the fourth or fifth thread about this?

Typewhore

:ninja:

I know, it is fun and part of what I like most on type forums. I am interested in how people see me.

so thats chart-the course for you, since you are clearly not an Extrovert.

Yeah, I relate more to chart the course than behind the scenes.

Your comment on the gym class thread the other day almost made me consider ESTJ.

Someone else said that once. But nah, I don't think so. I am curious as to why that comment made you think that though.

KDude

Someone else said that once. But nah, I don't think so. I am curious as to why that comment made you think that though.

It seemed like an emphasis on right technique. Not that Ti eschews technique, but it goes for underlying rules first. And Se just wings it. As long as you don't break the rules of the game, there's no way right way of doing something. I think Te focuses on processes first though.

wolfy

awsm
It seemed like an emphasis on right technique. Not that Ti eschews technique, but it goes for underlying rules first. And Se just wings it. As long as you don't break the rules of the game, there's no way right way of doing something. I think Te focuses on processes first though.

I became interested in sports through an interest in program design, in the correct process of skill development. My point was that there wasn't any emphasis on the underlying principles in skill development. You either had it or you didn't, education is a lifelong thing and their should be an emphasis on underlying principles.

KDude

I became interested in sports through an interest in program design, in the correct process of skill development. My point was that there wasn't any emphasis on the underlying principles in skill development. You either had it or you didn't, education is a lifelong thing and their should be an emphasis on underlying principles.

Suit yourself. I just think any STP would have lost patience with too much process education, and said "STFU Lets play". Result, not process oriented. The result either being to have fun or winning. They would've been chastised for breaking some rules before sitting down and learning more of the process.

wolfy

awsm
Suit yourself. I just think any STP would have lost patience with too much process education, and said "STFU Lets play". Result, not process oriented. The result either being to have fun or winning. They would've been chastised for breaking some rules before sitting down and learning more of the process.

Maybe. But the underlying principles don't need to be taught initially. The system just needs to be based off them. As an istp got older you'd expect them to be interested in understanding underlying principles. Principles are a base to work from, not something that binds you. An inability or unwillingness to learn principles would eventually bind you in your development.

The core principle to getting stronger is progressive overload. If you design a school sports system that ignores progressive overload you've failed in design.

These are all things I discovered as I grew older. I enjoyed sports in primary school, played a season or more of lots of sports, rugby, softball, hockey, soccer, badminton, tennis and a few others. And didn't mope around class whining about a lack of focus on underlying principles. I began to dislike PE in high school but played a lot of sport during breaks. Actually, it was the rigid class design I didn't like. I played a lot of tennis in high school and enjoyed that, I think I just tend to like studying, practicing and learning at my own pace and design.

KDude

Maybe. But the underlying principles don't need to be taught initially. The system just needs to be based off them. As an istp got older you'd expect them to be interested in understanding underlying principles. Principles are a base to work from, not something that binds you. An inability or unwillingness to learn principles would eventually bind you in your development.

The core principle to getting stronger is progressive overload. If you design a school sports system that ignores progressive overload you've failed in design.

These are all things I discovered as I grew older. I enjoyed sports in primary school, played a season or more of lots of sports, rugby, softball, hockey, soccer, badminton, tennis and a few others. And didn't mope around class whining about a lack of focus on underlying principles. I began to dislike PE in high school but played a lot of sport during breaks. Actually, it was the rigid class design I didn't like. I played a lot of tennis in high school and enjoyed that, I think I just tend to like studying, practicing and learning at my own pace and design.

I'm just saying there's more jumping in involved. You get some basic rules, you look at others play and get an idea, you play. If someone says you're not doing it the right way, the result type says "Why? I'm winning." Same would go for, say, learning music. I left music class when it focused on posture and picking and fretboard techniques. I just wanted to rock. Getting a basic idea of how to finger, how to make a powerchord, how progressions work, and you're ready to go. Most SP kids wouldn't want to sit by just learning. They'd get antsy and grab the guitar out of someone's hand if they could.

edit: BTW, that was just one post. I'm not necessarily retyping based on it. It just stuck out to me that you seem process oriented. It could possibly apply to FPs too, who wouldn't be confident in their own problem solving and defer to an authority or correct process on Te.

wolfy

awsm
I'm just saying there's more jumping in involved. You get some basic rules, you look at others play and get an idea, you play. If someone says you're not doing it the right way, the result type says "Why? I'm winning." Same would go for, say, learning music. I left music class when it focused on posture and picking and fretboard techniques. I just wanted to rock. Getting a basic idea of how to finger, how to make a powerchord, how progressions work, and you're ready to go. Most SP kids wouldn't want to sit by just learning. They'd get antsy and grab the guitar out of someone's hand if they could.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. That would be the same for both isfp and istp. I'd say that in general the istp would eventually become interested in technique and skill development over the isfp temperament. More inclined to want to learn how and why it works like that.

KDude

Yeah, I'd agree with that. That would be the same for both isfp and istp. I'd say that in general the istp would eventually become interested in technique and skill development over the isfp temperament. More inclined to want to learn how and why it works like that.

There isn't a period when STP truly just sits it out and gathers a lot of the "how and why". Not unless forced. They keep a basic blueprint how things work, and the individual "hows and whys" show themselves in emerging situations, when a problem poses new facts. Then they adapt. They tend to learn the "how and why" by problem solving in real time. Whether it's sports, music, fixing a sink, sex, a video game, whatever. Even when it comes to passive, theoretical things like this subject - typology. I didn't have a period of really bunkering down and educating myself. The pieces fall together more as I interact with the system. Maybe a little Ni pops in too and I get aha moments. Te has an eye on wanting to retain more facts, external nuances, each occurance of how things play out, predictability. So the educational process is different.