User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default Typing me please :)

    I found out about MBTI just a few weeks ago so I'm very new But it's so interesting and I'd like to know my type so bad. I hope you can help me

    Please ignore any spelling and grammar mistakes; English isn't my mother tongue.
    I'm 15 and female btw.

    1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

    Well, I made a test twice and got INFJ both times but I'm still not sure about it. I'm very undecided - I always am - and so I'm not sure if I answered accurate. There always is a but in my mind and I just feel like it would be better to fill out this question form and ask you what you think.

    2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

    Probably just to know that there are people who love me for who I am, that there is someone who welcome me home after a long day. I just yearn for happiness and affection. And to never lose this.

    3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

    That's a hard one I think, but always when I was really happy in my life I felt welcome and belonging. This can be a group of people, maybe just one of my daydreams or a good book.

    4) What makes you feel inferior?

    When I don't have something to do and spend the whole day alone at home, watching tv or surfing in the internet. I probably tend to think too much about things and at those days (which are often) I can't stop thinking I'm wasting my time. But what makes me feel even more inferior is when people tell me about things they did and parties they went to. I'd like to do stuff like that, too, but I also don't want to impose me on. It's hard for me to interact with other people.

    5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

    I tend to make quick decisions and regret it very hard after that. I start to analyse everything, every step and every word one did and said (mine, too) 'til I feel bad about my decision and want to change it. There are even things which happened years ago coming still in my mind again and bring me down.

    6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

    Well, it depends on what project it is but for the most time I want to have control of the outcome, yes. I'm quite perfectionist in what others do but also what I do.

    7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

    When I was a child on 1st may my family and I went together with some of my parent's friends and their families to a hut in the woods each year. We drove bobby car, built dams on the brook, ate sausages, sat at the campfire and played in the woods. I loved these days.

    8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

    To prone to be hands on. I'll learn it while doing it and it's often much more fun, too.

    9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

    Just a few years ago I was the girl who always has forgotten something. But it has gotten better. I like to have things planned and today, I tend to check things over and over again to be sure I haven't forgot it. I know I would feel bad if I wouldn't do this.

    10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
    It depends on the idea and how someone introduces it, I think. But I can be very skeptical.

    11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

    In some way both. I want to feel belonging but I don't want to lose myself for it. I don't have many friends 'cause my town is full of people who are - in my view - dumb (people in my age I mean). I don't want to change myself for people like that. I don't even want to spend time with them.

    12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

    I think I tend to think first. That's why I prefer to write things down instead of speaking them out because then I can still correct them, delete or add something. I often don't feel comfortable while speaking to people and become taciturn even when there are so many things I would like to say and which I say in my imagination. Ya, I can be very passive.
    I prefer one-on-one communication. I feel a lot more comfortable then.

    13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
    I think I tend to like to know more about something before I jump into action.
    Action speaks definitely more than words. You can talk as much as you want but what makes you to the person you are is what you really do.

    14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

    I would go out with my friend. I can record the show and watch it later.

    15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

    I become very nervous, start to shiver and - when it doesn't stop - crying.

    16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

    When people are arrogant, think they are better than others are and can't take responsibility and when they don't care for anything except of being cool and stuff like that.

    17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

    I love to talking with them about books and movies I like especially when they like it, too.

    18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

    People I don't like. I ignore them.

    19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

    They see me as moody, creative, thoughtful, reserved and kind but easily upset and offended. Well, I would say they're right with those thoughts but they don't know everything about me because most of the things which set me up happens in my head. I'm more a thinker instead of a (wo)man of action. But there are also times where I don't care what will happen next, where I just do what is in my mind, but I almost always regret it after that. So they don't know what truly sets me up, I think. I confusing them often.
    I don't know what they would never say about my personality.

    20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

    I would like to go back to all the places I used to visit and meet my old friends again to whom I don't have contact anymore (we've grown apart). I would like to talk to them and thank them for the good times, excuse for the bad. I know it's stupid but I just miss the old times.
    Last edited by Dusk; 08-10-2012 at 05:41 AM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Oh please, guys, I know you can type me ^^

  3. #3
    Junior Member Ronaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Tell me about it. The rate of replies on his forum is shocking. I wold reply but unfortunately I'm no expert.

    This forum is like ghosttown

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    Tell me about it. The rate of replies on his forum is shocking. I wold reply but unfortunately I'm no expert.

    This forum is like ghosttown
    Well thank you though

    Maybe nobody's even looking at this because of my mistake in the title of the topic haha

  5. #5
    Junior Member Ronaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    24

    Default

    If its worth anything I think you definitely have the NF letters. The others a hard to guess. Do you think you're an extrovert? Are you someone who plans everything or do you like to adapt when it happens? (I know I have letter p in my type and I never make plans because sometimes they go wrong and circumstances change. I prefer to adapt to thing as they happen. What bout ou?)

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I'd say I'm more an I but I'm not sure...
    Well, when my friends and I want to do something (like shopping or going to the cinema) I'm usually the one who plans everything through. They often say it wouldn't have worked without me so I think I'm quite good at it ^^ And I also feel better when I plan and get easily nervous if it doesn't work the way I want it to.

  7. #7
    Vaguely Precise Seymour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    I actually read through your post earlier, but didn't find a whole lot that really clarified things. Still, here's a pass of reacting to each answer based on surface associations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    I found out about MBTI just a few weeks ago so I'm very new But it's so interesting and I'd like to know my type so bad. I hope you can help me

    Please ignore any spelling and grammar mistakes; English isn't my mother tongue.
    I'm 15 and female btw.

    1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

    Well, I made a test twice and got INFJ both times but I'm still not sure about it. I'm very undecided - I always am - and so I'm not sure if I answered accurate. There always is a but in my mind and I just feel like it would be better to fill out this question form and ask you what you think.
    So, always being undecided sounds vaguely p-ish.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

    Probably just to know that there are people who love me for who I am, that there is someone who welcome me home after a long day. I just yearn for happiness and affection. And to never lose this.
    Wanting love and acceptance are pretty universal human needs. Still, sounds fairly F.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

    That's a hard one I think, but always when I was really happy in my life I felt welcome and belonging. This can be a group of people, maybe just one of my daydreams or a good book.
    Again with love and acceptance. The importance of group membership sounds a little Fe-ish (FJ-ish). Not mentioning any kind of purpose sounds a bit more P than J. Being daydreamy sounds I + N (sometime ISP, though).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    4) What makes you feel inferior?

    When I don't have something to do and spend the whole day alone at home, watching tv or surfing in the internet. I probably tend to think too much about things and at those days (which are often) I can't stop thinking I'm wasting my time. But what makes me feel even more inferior is when people tell me about things they did and parties they went to. I'd like to do stuff like that, too, but I also don't want to impose me on. It's hard for me to interact with other people.
    This mostly doesn't seem MBTI type related, except for some introversion. Aspects could be read as J or P (P for not creating your own structure, J for feeling like there should be a structure). I think a lot of this post sounds like enneagram 4-ish... with a yearning for being truly loved with some envy for what others have and you don't. It also could be read as showing some signs of depression.

    What makes it hard to interact with others?


    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

    I tend to make quick decisions and regret it very hard after that. I start to analyse everything, every step and every word one did and said (mine, too) 'til I feel bad about my decision and want to change it. There are even things which happened years ago coming still in my mind again and bring me down.

    Could be read as J or P. J in making quick decisions (Js want closure and to move on to the next thing). Ps typically want to keep things open.

    Honestly, it sounds more like regret while obsessing over past decisions than a clear MBTI preference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

    Well, it depends on what project it is but for the most time I want to have control of the outcome, yes. I'm quite perfectionist in what others do but also what I do.
    Sounds J-ish, although perceivers can be perfectionists, too. Usually Je (used primarily by Js) leads to more external structure creation and imposing standards external, while Ji (used primarily by Ps) leads to less. For Ps, often perfectionism helps fuel procrastination, since bring something imperfectly into reality doesn't live up to the inner ideal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

    When I was a child on 1st may my family and I went together with some of my parent's friends and their families to a hut in the woods each year. We drove bobby car, built dams on the brook, ate sausages, sat at the campfire and played in the woods. I loved these days.
    Again emphasizing the need for love and connection.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

    To prone to be hands on. I'll learn it while doing it and it's often much more fun, too.
    "Hands on" is sometimes associated with S, diving in without advanced preparation related to P (and sometimes E).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

    Just a few years ago I was the girl who always has forgotten something. But it has gotten better. I like to have things planned and today, I tend to check things over and over again to be sure I haven't forgot it. I know I would feel bad if I wouldn't do this.
    Very much "J" management techniques. Could be read as N (forgetting things) + J (structure creating)... or as compensating for type-based weakness in a non-type-based learned management technique.

    Do you find being organized draining? It is motivating to check things off your list? Does having things scheduled make you feel constrained or is it comforting?


    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
    It depends on the idea and how someone introduces it, I think. But I can be very skeptical.
    Skeptical how? Skeptical of the person? Of their motivations? Of the idea? If of the idea, which aspect do you tend to focus on first when evaluating an idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

    In some way both. I want to feel belonging but I don't want to lose myself for it. I don't have many friends 'cause my town is full of people who are - in my view - dumb (people in my age I mean). I don't want to change myself for people like that. I don't even want to spend time with them.
    Enneagram 4. Also feeling like one's peers are shallow isn't uncommon for an younger IN (who is likely to be out of step with his or her peers).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

    I think I tend to think first. That's why I prefer to write things down instead of speaking them out because then I can still correct them, delete or add something. I often don't feel comfortable while speaking to people and become taciturn even when there are so many things I would like to say and which I say in my imagination. Ya, I can be very passive.
    I prefer one-on-one communication. I feel a lot more comfortable then.
    Tending to think first, liking to write, one-on-one... introverted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
    I think I tend to like to know more about something before I jump into action.
    Action speaks definitely more than words. You can talk as much as you want but what makes you to the person you are is what you really do.
    Introversion. Actions speaking louder than words: S (less concerned with abstraction) and J (the actual effects are important).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

    I would go out with my friend. I can record the show and watch it later.
    Let's say you couldn't record the show, what then? And why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

    I become very nervous, start to shiver and - when it doesn't stop - crying.
    Doesn't seem type related... although sounds almost panic-attack-like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

    When people are arrogant, think they are better than others are and can't take responsibility and when they don't care for anything except of being cool and stuff like that.
    Mix of FP (hating people thinking they are better than others) and FJ (hating people not taking responsibility), with some I (disdain for shallowness).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

    I love to talking with them about books and movies I like especially when they like it, too.
    Sounds vaguely NF (although not really type specific).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

    People I don't like. I ignore them.
    Not enough in this response to indicate much.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

    They see me as moody, creative, thoughtful, reserved and kind but easily upset and offended. Well, I would say they're right with those thoughts but they don't know everything about me because most of the things which set me up happens in my head. I'm more a thinker instead of a (wo)man of action. But there are also times where I don't care what will happen next, where I just do what is in my mind, but I almost always regret it after that. So they don't know what truly sets me up, I think. I confusing them often.
    I don't know what they would never say about my personality.
    Emotional reactivity isn't limited to any particular type. General introversion above (more going on internally than people know). What kind of things tend to upset you? How important is people's intent to you, compared with the actual outcome of someone's action?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

    I would like to go back to all the places I used to visit and meet my old friends again to whom I don't have contact anymore (we've grown apart). I would like to talk to them and thank them for the good times, excuse for the bad. I know it's stupid but I just miss the old times.
    Again, you sound somewhat depressed and wanting emotional connection with others. Not really MBTI type related.



    Overall, you come across as INF, although you also sound like you are feeling emotionally and socially isolated (which would fit with some depression). I'd say there are slightly more hints of being FJ than FP, but it's really difficult to say based on what you've posted.

    Other things sound enneagram 4-ish to me, but that could also be related to feeling depressed and/or isolated (if you are). Also, I think the teen years often have a 4-ish cast to them by nature.

    It's also possible that your current environment just isn't a good fit for you socially, and that's reflected here.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Presumptuous Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    3 sx
    Posts
    124

    Default

    2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

    Probably just to know that there are people who love me for who I am, that there is someone who welcome me home after a long day. I just yearn for happiness and affection. And to never lose this.

    3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

    That's a hard one I think, but always when I was really happy in my life I felt welcome and belonging. This can be a group of people, maybe just one of my daydreams or a good book.
    I see F tendency here, Fe particularly

    5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

    I tend to make quick decisions and regret it very hard after that. I start to analyse everything, every step and every word one did and said (mine, too) 'til I feel bad about my decision and want to change it. There are even things which happened years ago coming still in my mind again and bring me down.
    This seems to tell me you don't like impulsiveness even if you have a part of it. Inferior Se could be. Analyzing details - Ti.
    But i can't be sure. Does impulsiveness annoy you in other people and in you?

    12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

    I think I tend to think first. That's why I prefer to write things down instead of speaking them out because then I can still correct them, delete or add something. I often don't feel comfortable while speaking to people and become taciturn even when there are so many things I would like to say and which I say in my imagination. Ya, I can be very passive.
    I prefer one-on-one communication. I feel a lot more comfortable then.
    Introversion mostly...
    since you tend to like people to feel belonged and that energizes you most but prefer smaller groups on the other hand and like writing things down rather then speak...this is mostly introverted style of preferences towards people. Which if i think your feeling function is Fe it can't be dominant - it's aux probably


    Now i have a tip for you. since you are new in all this it is normal maybe you are gonna take a lots of tests...so i am gonna post you a short article now that can give you a hint. Read about functions as well.

    The significance of P and J.


    I learnt this on TC a while back, and it made so much sense to me. This is too ingenious for me to explain, so I'm paraphrasing (and quoting) the incredible ENTP who laid it out so clearly :P

    Supposedly the P/J is the most important letter in typology because it dictates how the other "cognitive functions" will be used. Each person functions with a combination of 2 cognitive functions out of the 4 possible.
    1) Perceiving function with either S or N, because it takes in information.
    2) Judging function with either T or F, because it makes decisions with that information.

    Each person has one function that is extroverted, directed outwardly - handling the outward situation, ideas, things apart from the self, and one function that is introverted, directed inwardly - creating inner values and perspective, the self itself.

    "Your two primary functions are represented by your middle two letters, but the P/J and E/I are not functions themselves, just directional descriptions of them.

    xxxJ is someone who extroverts the Judging function (Te or Fe) & introverts the Perceiving function (Si or Ni).

    xxxP is someone who extroverts the Perceiving function (Se or Ne) & introverts the Judging function (Ti or Fi)."

    So the ENTP and the ENTJ, for example, have no functions in common.
    ENTP = Extroverted Intuition (Ne) + Introverted Thinking (Ti)
    ENTJ = Extroverted Thinking (Te) + Introverted Intuition (Ni)
    To put it simply:
    The ENTP uses iNtuition outwardly, handling external factors, while using Thinking internally, according to the self.
    The ENTJ uses iNtuition inwardly, according to the self, and Thinking outwardly, according the the environment.

    So in conclusion: If this is all true, it wouldn't make sense to be a "borderline P/J" because it implies two completely different value systems. "MBTI leads people to this conclusion because it oversimplifies Js as "organized" and Ps as "disorganized" when this is only half the story."

    "Js value rigid external organization of the environment but maintain a more flexible private perspective."

    "Ps value rigid internal organization of the self but maintain a more flexible external approach."

    /end. I have found this to be extremely^3 reflective of my experience, and reading it has confirmed my suspicions. I hope it can help you all too. & Hopefully it's not too redundant for you MBTI veterans. =]

    Hope i was helpful
    Thrills happen for awesome reasons, shit happens for shitty reason. So don't pay attention on stuff which happen for shitty reasons, but on ones which happen for awesome reasons. I'm an awesome reason.

  9. #9
    Vaguely Precise Seymour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Presumptuous Pepper View Post
    So in conclusion: If this is all true, it wouldn't make sense to be a "borderline P/J" because it implies two completely different value systems. "MBTI leads people to this conclusion because it oversimplifies Js as "organized" and Ps as "disorganized" when this is only half the story."
    That's certainly true for standard MBTI type dynamics. Empirically, though, it definitely can happen (which is one of the knocks against the standard type dynamics model). Still, Fe vs Fi comparisons can definitely help clarify one's type, so I think it's worthwhile to read up on them to see if one identifies more with one or the other.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Presumptuous Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    3 sx
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    That's certainly true for standard MBTI type dynamics. Empirically, though, it definitely can happen (which is one of the knocks against the standard type dynamics model). Still, Fe vs Fi comparisons can definitely help clarify one's type, so I think it's worthwhile to read up on them to see if one identifies more with one or the other.
    I went with this post before anything about functions cuz i know they are not easy to understand for someone just starting. And starters usually take a lot of tests so it's important to know in my opinion the nature of tests.

    I generally don't believe in board lines in mbti...that's called "i can't decide so im gonna say im both"...

    Fi and Fe is sometimes hard to tell in yourself. I still struggle and more i think,i seem to myself more of an Fe user cuz Fi dom is kinda hard for me to recognize in myself.

    I guess introspection is a key
    Thrills happen for awesome reasons, shit happens for shitty reason. So don't pay attention on stuff which happen for shitty reasons, but on ones which happen for awesome reasons. I'm an awesome reason.

Similar Threads

  1. Type me, please?
    By mellanae in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 05:18 PM
  2. Sooner than Later- help type me please?
    By ShadowPage in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 10:59 PM
  3. Try to type me, please.
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 10:20 AM
  4. Type me please?
    By /DG/ in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 09:47 PM
  5. Help type me please
    By NewEra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 03:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO