• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP,INTP,INTJ,or INFJ?

Brian2626

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to jump right in, I just turned 21 and I am fairly new to MBTI, over the past 8 months I have been studying cognitive functions. I am pretty sure I am a Ti user, however I have some pretty Fi moments. Recapping my life:

Age 5-6- I remember being preoccupied with watching PBS, Bill Nye the science guy and Wishbone. I also watched Natgeo, Animal Planet and the Discovery channel. When I entered Kindergarten I remember having my intelligence tested and I was reading at a 9th grade level, my IQ was estimated to be approaching 200. I had 1 friend that I met when we were both 4, outside of that I spent all of my time alone in front of the TV with a book in my hand.

7-10- I still was pretty unsocial, never wanting to be around to many people because they made me uncomfortable, however I wasn't quite despite the fact that I felt awkward. I was homeschooled, so that could have contributed to my world view. I read books on Biology, Zoology, Agriculture, Chemistry, Geology, Geography, Etymology,Medicine,and Meteorology. I "lived" in my local library. I still hated being around people and preferred to stay inside, in my basement reading or playing with legos. I would ride my bike, alone, and seek out new places I had never been. I enjoyed the beauty of what I was observing, taking in everything about the pictures I was looking at. my parent's fought a lot so I retreated into TV shows, Scrubs, The Simpsons, Futurama, The Daily Show, etc.

11-13- I still hated being around people, my family moved to another state, and I rarely went outside. I got lazy, I preferred to just study one thing at a time, I figured out how to build a GE AC 4400 locomotive engine by studying images of the engine and then comparing it to information I had found in books. I still found my school subjects to easy, so I simply stopped trying, I just did the bare minimum. I also read more people based material than scientific.

14-16- I was really lazy, I found a group of friends, but I was really only close with 1 or 2 people all through highschool. I was bothered that I didn't attempt to have a larger group of friends but I really was living life in front of the TV. My IQ was measured professionally a second time, this time 151. All of a sudden at age 15 I felt a need to be a "jock" because all the men in my family were that way. I decided I needed to eat, sleep and breath sports. I really wish at this point in my life I would have studied more Math than chased a ball around a court. I am, however, only average at sports(at best) and I still was not interested in having a social life.

16-18- I got a job at a hotel. I worked many more hours than I needed to just to out of the house around people. People at my job loved me. I still spent most of my time at home though. I was driven, I achieved what I wanted at this point. I started taking classes at my local community college, I had a 3.4 GPA considering I never read the books, that was pretty good. I also around age 18 never slept, and was addicted to energy drinks.

19-I experienced a massive depression, my older sister who I have never gotten along with moved back home after she dropped out of college. I didn't know what I wanted to do, one day I walked out of my job after being threatened and never returned.I was still attending community college, I took mostly art, theater and film theory classes. I really wanted to work in film, doing anything from acting, to directing to film editing to reviewing. I wrote on film constantly but never did my work and was barley passing classes I really wanted to take. Then in the summer of 2010 I decided to get my act together and that fall took hard classes that I breezed though. I got A's and enrolled at my state's university. I moved into the dorms and majored in English and political science. I spent all of my time socializing, my freshman year was the best time of my life, I was always around people. I was finally away from my parents who rub me the wrong way. Then, everyone I had met my freshman year abandoned me, an individual said it was because of my narcissism, however I simply talk about what I know.

20- I got back to who I think I probably actually am, an individual who longs for social interaction but can't handle it so I compensate for it by reading everything I can find. I live in my Uni's math library. I once again have close friends but I also have a ton of acquaintances that I have no interest in knowing deeply. I am into hippy culture, and zen Budism, eastern philosophy in general. I spend more time in classes I don't pay for than those I do(I "audit" in big lecture hall classes). I am a Physics major and doing well. I feel happy but empty, I want to leave a legacy, I want to be remembered (ennegram type 3w4) money doesn't matter.

20-21 I taught myself all about electronics, programming, and webpage design. I founded a computer company with a brilliant ENFP. I spent a year trying to figure out what people wanted to do with their computers, and I think I have come up with a little piece of software that will take on the big boys of the tech world.

I process thought by analyzing something from 50 different angles and then proceeding (Ti or Ni). When I form a plan I carry it out, so INTJ would fit. Plus, the Scrubs character Dr Cox IS ME, that is exactly how I behave. I buy expensive things in order to show off, I am hypersensitive to how people perceive me. I am surprisingly charismatic, when I talk people shut up and listen, I give great in-class presentations as a result (Ti-Se?)I seek truth above all else, even if it offends someone. I hate people who are polite at the expense of fact. For instance my grandmother is my least favorite person in the world because she leaves food out for 4-5 hours and I say "you're going to get food poisoning" and she will poo-poo it(pun!). ENTP and INTP also fit very well. And because you read this entire post you can have some cookies!

Is there a strong case for INFJ? Fe seems to be an underlying theme in my life, I also lack Si, I remember studies from Uni's I heard on the radio when I was 7 but I forget if I shampooed my hair while showering.

W

WALMART

i read the last 4-7 sentences, can i still have cookies?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. There are no enneagram 3's that are INxJ's, especially INTJs.
2. Enneagram 3 is the equivalent of SeNeFe or PeFe in Jungian terms.
3. Enneagram 4 is the equivalent of FiTi or Ji in Jungian terms.

Hence, you are solidly ENTP(Ne Ti Fe Si) or more precisely Ne-FeFi-Ti, lol.

Brian2626

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. There are no enneagram 3's that are INxJ's, especially INTJs.
2. Enneagram 3 is the equivalent of SeNeFe or PeFe in Jungian terms.
3. Enneagram 4 is the equivalent of FiTi or Ji in Jungian terms.

Hence, you are solidly ENTP(Ne Ti Fe Si) or more precisely Ne-FeFi-Ti, lol.

So I live in a ne-fe loop and use the shadow function Fi making me seem more ENFP at times? So I have that to look forward to. My enneagram stack is 3w4 7w6 and 5w6 in that order.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not sure about the loop, but.

1. 7 is the equivalent of Ne.
2. 6 is Si-Fi.
3. 5 is Ti.

Thus:
1. There's no question about you being Ne dominant.

-------
If we let the main enneagram = 1-.5 and let the wing =.5-.25, and if we let the second pair's main = .5 and its wing =.25-.125, and if also let the third pair's main = .25 and its wing = .125-.0625:

We can put points in each function.

1. Ne gets 1.5
2. Fe gets .5
3. Ti gets .5
4. Fi gets .6875
5. Si gets .375

So you have Ne-Fi-FeTi-Si.

Since FeTi belongs to ENTP and FiTe belongs to ENFP, FeTi(ENTP) = 1 and FiTe(ENFP) = .6875. 1>.6875, hence, you are still solidly ENTP.

Kind of silly to quantify this, but that's the only way to concretize what I have in my head.

Brian2626

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

2. 6 is Si-Fi.
3. 5 is Ti.

Thus:

-------
If we let the main enneagram = 1-.5 and let the wing =.5-.25, and if we let the second pair's main = .5 and its wing =.25-.125, and if also let the third pair's main = .25 and its wing = .125-.0625:

1. Ne gets 1.5
2. Fe gets .5
3. Ti gets .5
4. Fi gets .6875
5. Si gets .375

Since FeTi belongs to ENTP and FiTe belongs to ENFP, FeTi(ENTP) = 1 and FiTe(ENFP) = .6875. 1>.6875, hence, you are still solidly ENTP.

Kind of silly to quantify this, but that's the only way to concretize what I have in my head.
. Ah, I see. Isn't 3w4 a entj and enfp type, I thought 3w2 was more common in entp and enfp was 3w4, infp was 4w3.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
. Ah, I see. Isn't 3w4 a entj and enfp type, I thought 3w2 was more common in entp and enfp was 3w4, infp was 4w3.

There's also plenty 5w4 INTPs, thus 4 is not necessarily Fi(enfp/entj). 4 is also Ti or Ji, but primarily Fi.

Impact Calculus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

2. 6 is Si-Fi.
3. 5 is Ti.

Thus:

-------

1. Ne gets 1.5
2. Fe gets .5
3. Ti gets .5
4. Fi gets .6875
5. Si gets .375

You're living in a fantasy land. But I agree, he's probably an ENTP.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I read the entire thing, cheers for the cookie, (pre-empting).

Brian2626

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
None of this, however, explains my need for power and control, my narcissism, my intensely private life, and my need to be loved/liked by everyone and destroy people who threaten me, that sounds more INTJ to me.

Also, all of the knowledge I seek is with the end goal of applying said knowledge and moving on. For instance I am attempting to unify quantum physics with special relativity, so I have a stack of books on my desk right now from my universities library on theoretical physics and I have made some progress in the last 36 hours (I am a physics major but i don't get along with the other physics students/faculty they deem me to radicle and interested only in quantum theories) once I achieve this (type 3 ennegram) I plan on moving on to curing some deseases. I taught myself all of the math I know, physics, biochem, how to program computers, all independent of anyone else.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
None of this, however, explains my need for power and control, my narcissism, my intensely private life, and my need to be loved/liked by everyone and destroy people who threaten me, that sounds more INTJ to me.

Why believe that you have to have a single type? None of the other personality systems force anyone into a single square, they allow 1, 2 or 3 at the most. And you do accept enneagram tritypes. It's circular logic to believe that just because the MBTI gives a single result that only a single type applies. The ANSIR system types each personality into 3 categories of life. The MBTI does not, it just treats everything equally.

So I have no problem with you being ENTP/INTJ or some combination of your choosing.