• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not Sure of Type

Flare

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
As the title says. I'm not really sure what I should say to help decipher my type, so if anyone could possibly get me started, that would be incredibly helpful! By the way, I have studied cognitive functions. I am just not sure about which ones I use.

Flare

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
So, I found a question form to fill out. Here goes nothing!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

To be honest, I see too many possibilities for my type. That and the fact that I have been examining and examining this and I haven't learned much about what type I could be.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to learn. I want to understand things. I see the world as a bundle of possibilities, to be looked at and understood. I want to see the world and why it is the way it is, why the people are the way they are.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I suppose I felt useful and intelligent when I won a debate. It was a group debate. I managed to both agree with the opponents' argument and strengthen my own team's argument, allowing us to win the debate by a landslide of votes.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I'm useless, or stuck in a rut. When I'm not learning anything, or doing anything important, or what I consider important.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I think about the pros and cons of a situation, and how that will affect others.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I don't really like to control the whole thing, but I would like to have a little say in the outcome. I tend to spout ideas at the beginning and get everything started, and then I'm used as a general knowledge person to help anyone with problems that arise.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Role-playing board games with my brother is always fun. I love the imagination involved, and the strategy. It challenges my mind(considering my brother is a strong strategist) and it helps me let out my creative side, allowing for the far-fetched ideas that work out in the end somehow.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I tend to collect a whole lot of information about the subject, learn the theory, and then if it's worth my time I will try to apply it hands-on. I hate memorization. I was forced to do it for about 8 years and it was the bane of my existence.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I have no organization skills whatsoever. Well, at least from most people's point of view. Everything I have is exactly where I need it to be.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I tend to play around with the idea and look at it from all perspectives to get the general principle behind it. Information is only support for the principle. The principles are the most important thing.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

A little bit of both, though other people are a bit more important than me. I know I can handle myself in a group, but I don't know if other people can, so I tend to try too hard to not upset them.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before I speak, but I only need to do so for a little bit before I say something. The cycle is like this: talk-listen-put info together-form idea-talk-repeat. I like both, though group discussions allow for more breadth of ideas, and one-on-one allow for more depth. I like both equally.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I'm jumping, but only the gist of it. After I know a little bit about what I'm getting into, I jump into it full force. Actions do speak louder than words, but people don't listen to actions generally. They listen to words. So words are more important to most people.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'll probably go out with them. Tv can be recorded; friends can't.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I start obsessing over details and worrying about others not appreciating or accepting me for who I am.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When people are too insensitive, or when they are close-minded. Close-minded people are the worst. I can understand insensitivity.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I love philosophy, ideas(whether tangible or not, it doesn't matter), and debating about ideas and thoughts. It really allows me to see more points of view.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

Probably what I wear, and I don't really notice what people think of me unless they tell me very matter-of-factly. I don't care if that isn't a word. It is now. :p

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They see me as kind, thoughtful, intelligent, and insightful. I'm not as kind as they think. I just tend not to express my negative emotions towards anyone because it doesn't get anything done. My friends would never say that I was unintelligent, mean, or loud.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Probably just spend part of the day talking with my brother. We tend to just talk about random ideas, thoughts, theories, or whatever comes to mind. It's really quite stimulating, and I always bring something out of our conversations. I might spend time with some friends for by myself, depending on if they were open or not. I really don't have a chance to go out with them that much. If I was alone, I would probably spend time on the internet researching something or playing my guitar/singing.

Once again, thanks for taking a look!

Rosabel

Well, I can say that you're a high Fe ENTP, or ENFP as it seems. I see a lot of Ne in your answers.
5) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I start obsessing over details and worrying about others not appreciating or accepting me for who I am.

^ Typical behavior of inferior Si. [ENxP's]

When you do some tests, how do you score, normally?

Flare

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Well I generally test INFP. On cognitive functions I test ENxP, with Ti and Fi about the same, with Ti being only slightly weaker. I have almost no Te developed, but I have a decent bit of Fe developed. Even so, I don't feel like a T. I know T isn't non-emotional, but I tend to be focused on people a bit more than I would think a T would be.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I was thinking INTP. =o 9w1 is a pretty withdrawn enneagram, from what I know, so E is less likely.

I am also a 9w1, and could relate to what you were saying. The general tone of your post is pretty pleasant and neutral, as well, so that makes me think cooperative INTP, too.

Though my input obviously doesn't rule out INFP, I will put in my vote for INTP with greater Fe. :3

Are you a guy or a girl? I don't think it really matters, but I'm just curious.

Flare

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I was thinking INTP. =o 9w1 is a pretty withdrawn enneagram, from what I know, so E is less likely.

I am also a 9w1, and could relate to what you were saying. The general tone of your post is pretty pleasant and neutral, as well, so that makes me think cooperative INTP, too.

Though my input obviously doesn't rule out INFP, I will put in my vote for INTP with greater Fe. :3

Are you a guy or a girl? I don't think it really matters, but I'm just curious.

I'm a guy, and I never really considered INTP because I'm too feely(I know, that was back when I was just starting and didn't know about the functions, and that F doesn't mean emotions, it means values).

I am a rather withdrawn person, though I still like being with people. I don't get out much, so I take most chances to interact with people when I can. Then again, I get physically tired when I interact with people for long periods of time.... I always attributed that to having a strong Pe function.

I try to stay as neutral as possible with things. I don't want to rule out any possibilities or opportunities before they happen. Though I must say I have strong principles that I abide by, which points towards Fi. But, I tend to use Ti a whole lot, as far as I've noticed. Ti is over-analyzing everything, right? XD

Rosabel

I'm a guy, and I never really considered INTP because I'm too feely(I know, that was back when I was just starting and didn't know about the functions, and that F doesn't mean emotions, it means values).

I am a rather withdrawn person, though I still like being with people. I don't get out much, so I take most chances to interact with people when I can. Then again, I get physically tired when I interact with people for long periods of time.... I always attributed that to having a strong Pe function.

I try to stay as neutral as possible with things. I don't want to rule out any possibilities or opportunities before they happen. Though I must say I have strong principles that I abide by, which points towards Fi. But, I tend to use Ti a whole lot, as far as I've noticed. Ti is over-analyzing everything, right? XD

I didn't pay attention to your enneagram, but if you're sure about it, so I have to say that you're more likely an INFP...

Last edited:

Flare

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I can relate to it...

I didn't pay attention to your enneagram, but if you're sure about it, so I have to say that you're more likely an INFP...

I'm just curious, why do you think INFP?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Though I must say I have strong principles that I abide by, which points towards Fi. But, I tend to use Ti a whole lot, as far as I've noticed. Ti is over-analyzing everything, right? XD

Fair enough! But, I have to say, Ti is so much more than over-analysis! (I'm pretty sure whatever that is is just a neurotic Ne thinking, anyways. ;P)

Ti is. . . well, for an me, its seeing something and breaking it down into much smaller, more essential components, extracting all supplementary information until your find its most essential core, and then using it to generally apply to differet situations. So, deductive reasoning, I guess.

If INTP is something you haven't even considered, though, then I'd go with INFP. :3

Rosabel

I'm just curious, why do you think INFP?

9w1 is one of the common e-types for INFP or INTP, and suggests introversion. You have said about values and being feely, and don't really relating to thinking types, sooooo... ^^
In this forum, there is an INFP profile thread that may help you because it compares INFP to INTP, probably it will clarify some doubts:

INFP profile

Flare

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Fair enough! But, I have to say, Ti is so much more than over-analysis! (I'm pretty sure whatever that is is just a neurotic Ne thinking, anyways. ;P)

Ti is. . . well, for an me, its seeing something and breaking it down into much smaller, more essential components, extracting all supplementary information until your find its most essential core, and then using it to generally apply to differet situations. So, deductive reasoning, I guess.

If INTP is something you haven't even considered, though, then I'd go with INFP. :3

I didn't consider INTP because I have a strong feeling function. I sort of ruled dominant Te/Ti types right away because of that fact. Though, along the way I have met many dom Ts that are definitely nice and accepting, and are very careful in what they so they do not upset others. It really just makes me more confused about my type. I definitely know that I was inconsiderate of others feelings until about a year ago, and now I'm pretty watchful of what I say to people.

Flare

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
9w1 is one of the common e-types for INFP or INTP, and suggests introversion. You have said about values and being feely, and don't really relating to thinking types, sooooo... ^^
In this forum, there is an INFP profile thread that may help you because it compares INFP to INTP, probably it will clarify some doubts:

INFP profile

I completely relate to the INP type. The physical world is only a means to the end. So, INP types are the most sure of their inner selves? Or at least are the most willing to look into themselves?

So, I am trying to find meaning and understanding in this world. I think looking for meaning is mainly INFP, not so much INTP, isn't it? INTP is more about understanding the systems and processes, and INFP is more about understand what it means to be alive/exist?

If so, then I must say INFP fits me a bit more.

Rosabel

I completely relate to the INP type. The physical world is only a means to the end. So, INP types are the most sure of their inner selves? Or at least are the most willing to look into themselves?

So, I am trying to find meaning and understanding in this world. I think looking for meaning is mainly INFP, not so much INTP, isn't it? INTP is more about understanding the systems and processes, and INFP is more about understand what it means to be alive/exist?

If so, then I must say INFP fits me a bit more.

Yep, mostly.

INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves
source: personalitypage.com

It's Fi.

And it's normal to other people think INFP's are T's, in Fi, feeling goes inwards, it's not showy about it nor make a spetacle when showing it.

Last edited:

Flare

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yep, mostly.

source: personalitypage.com

This is a thing I strongly feel since I was a child. It screams Fi...

And it's normal to other people think INFP's are T's, our feeling goes inwards, we're not showy about it nor make a spetacle when showing it. Normally people (mainly Fe users) describe me as "cold" when I don't feel like I am. :)

That INFP quote is me. I've been told that I'm cold, detached, and uncaring. But nobody actually sees the side of me that cares or wants to help make a difference. Well, thank you both very much for helping me find my type. :)

Oh, and that makes me wonder.... Do Fi types generally see Fe types as superficial/flashy, and Fe types usually see Fi types as cold?(at least for the dominant Fe and Fi types)

Rosabel

That INFP quote is me. I've been told that I'm cold, detached, and uncaring. But nobody actually sees the side of me that cares or wants to help make a difference. Well, thank you both very much for helping me find my type. :)

Oh, and that makes me wonder.... Do Fi types generally see Fe types as superficial/flashy, and Fe types usually see Fi types as cold?(at least for the dominant Fe and Fi types)

I feel this about young (and unhealthy) Fe-doms, only...

Last edited: