• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not Sure What I Am Anymore? Please Help.

wondersueak

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, for a couple years I thought I was an INFJ, just to give some background information. Over time I've feel farther and farther from that as I've continued to discover parts of myself and accept myself and realize who I am. I was wondering if people could just as me questions that I can answer and then post an opinion of what you think my type is? I'm confused/lost.

Also, this is my thought process:
When I have an idea, I branch off of it. Each sub-idea, if you will, is refined and the connection between that and the main idea is strengthened and I repeat that and branch off even more until I feel like the main idea is accurately described and the connections between it and the descriptions and other ideas off of it are correct and very strong.

How I am socially:
I don't quite socialize. I have a few people that are very close to me, but besides that I don't care to socialize. I'm just not interested in hanging out with a bunch of people. Of course, if I find someone I really get along with then I won't keep us from getting close, but being able to get close to someone for me is quite rare. I don't really care about what people think of me anymore either. The few people I'm close with I do care, but everyone else can call me the craziest person they've ever known and it wouldn't phase me. When I get stressed out though, it's as if I'm even more sensitive, so if someone takes a really large jab at me it does hurt and I do care and I become more aware of what other people thing of me while I'm that stressed out, but my normal self doesn't care about what most people think about me. If the person is in a position of authority over me (A teacher for example) then I care more. I also don't really care what most people do with their lives unless it affects me or people I'm close to and as long as it doesn't have an affect on huge masses of people. If you make mistakes that doesn't bother me, everyone does. I know I've made a lot of mistakes. It rarely will lower my opinion of the person. Even then, it has to be something pretty big and bad. I am very critical of the people I've already formed a negative opinion of though.

Impact Calculus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
So, for a couple years I thought I was an INFJ, just to give some background information. Over time I've feel farther and farther from that as I've continued to discover parts of myself and accept myself and realize who I am. I was wondering if people could just as me questions that I can answer and then post an opinion of what you think my type is? I'm confused/lost.

Also, this is my thought process:
When I have an idea, I branch off of it. Each sub-idea, if you will, is refined and the connection between that and the main idea is strengthened and I repeat that and branch off even more until I feel like the main idea is accurately described and the connections between it and the descriptions and other ideas off of it are correct and very strong.

How I am socially:
I don't quite socialize. I have a few people that are very close to me, but besides that I don't care to socialize. I'm just not interested in hanging out with a bunch of people. Of course, if I find someone I really get along with then I won't keep us from getting close, but being able to get close to someone for me is quite rare. I don't really care about what people think of me anymore either. The few people I'm close with I do care, but everyone else can call me the craziest person they've ever known and it wouldn't phase me. When I get stressed out though, it's as if I'm even more sensitive, so if someone takes a really large jab at me it does hurt and I do care and I become more aware of what other people thing of me while I'm that stressed out, but my normal self doesn't care about what most people think about me. If the person is in a position of authority over me (A teacher for example) then I care more. I also don't really care what most people do with their lives unless it affects me or people I'm close to and as long as it doesn't have an affect on huge masses of people. If you make mistakes that doesn't bother me, everyone does. I know I've made a lot of mistakes. It rarely will lower my opinion of the person. Even then, it has to be something pretty big and bad. I am very critical of the people I've already formed a negative opinion of though.

Could you scratch off everything you know about the MBTI and describe how you relate and don't relate to the introverted intuitive type, the extraverted feeling type, the introverted thinking type, and the introverted sensation type?

Also, use this description: Psychological Types by C.G Jung

You should also note that these are deep and subjective fixations - E.g these don't directly come out on the surface necessarily. You may have to think critically about what he's really talking about.

Good luck :)

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The idea thing sounds like classic Ne at first but you might want to expand on it a bit more. Last paragraph could be Fi or just a Fe user with some disdain for others. At this point I would say INFP though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you're posting here there's a pretty strong chance that you're a human being. If you're some other life form, I'm quite impressed.

;)

wondersueak

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, my friend said that he thinks I definitely still use Fe, I just think not much of it anymore. I know I still use Ti too and very heavily. I know I'm also still an introvert and an intuitive. He thinks the only other thing I could be (and I agree) is INTP.

More on Ne over Ni:
Imagine a puzzle. (I'm using a metaphor, I'm not saying that you can determine a person's type based on how they solve a puzzle) Ne starts with the edges (outlining the big picture) and then works their way inward to complete the puzzle (fleshing out the big picture), and Ni starts with what looks to be a hot air balloon piece or a piece of a door on a house and continues with things like that until each shape (idea) connects and turns into a larger picture. I start with the edges and work my way inward.

Why I think Si over Se:
I have a very good memory when it comes to sensory things. When I play my Clarinet and end up getting stuck on a rhythm I listen to a recording, memorize how it is supposed to sound, and then mimic it. I also do this while learning French. I can imagine smell taste touch sight and sound in my daydreams very vividly and it's easy for me to remember how something sounds or tastes etc.

Circumstances in my life made me use Fe more than Ti. My mother was a very emotionally unstable and unhealthy INFJ and I had to emotionally watch out for her to make sure things went smoother and it didn't impact our lives as negatively. Now that I don't live with her anymore, for the past few years there's been a trend and I've been using Fe less and less and starting to find out who I really am and realize that people have been trying to shape me to who they wanted me to be and it had a big effect. When making decisions I try to be as unbiased and objective as possible and try not to let my emotions or biases influence my decision. There's many different flavors of each mbti type. A 6w7 2w1 9w8 INTP is bound to be a bit of a different flavor. So, now I'm leaning towards the thinking I'm most likely an INTP. Stress and bad life circumstances can do numbers on a person's personality, and right now I'm healthier than every mentally and the least stressed I've ever been and I've discovered how I really am (not how other people want me to be) and I'm thinking that I'm actually an INTP.