• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Damnit! I might be an Sx dom!

Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp

• Sp/Sx

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Sx/Sp

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • other instinct variant

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 7w6

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 7w8

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 3w4

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • other enneagram

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've sworn I was Sp/Sx for the longest time (I'm about 90% sure I'm Sp/Sx, and it's definitely the type I'd like to be because I think it's the best), but I've really been going through a painful transformation recently and realized I had a ton of repressed emotions including
- feeling old/fear of getting old/feeling like I'm running out of time to find a partner (which is fucking ridiculous. I just turned 21)
- loneliness (often severe)
- the fact that I am a total affection whore. in fact, if I had my way, I'd probably spend ~3 hour a day on just snuggling
- I have a tendency to get attached to people way to quickly, so I've repressed this urge in the past rather than deal with it directly
- occasional feelings of envy towards people in successful relationships
- if I care about you, I am a tremendously affectionate person, but I repress the hell out of this because in the past I've seen it as a vulnerability (and it is, being rejected by someone you've shown intense affection to is fucking painful)

apart from this
- my communication style is much more intense and expressive than most Sp doms
- I'm bold, attention seeking and, as you all know, quite a diva
- I listen to dramatic, passionate music for hours at a time, often listening to the same song over and over again
- people seem to think women like Madonna, Lady Gaga etc are freaks/extremist but to me they just seem normal. I would totally be that outrageous, fiery and dress that expressively if I had the money
- I've realized just how much I'm willing to do for love. these past few weeks I've fought urges to go fly out and meet people I'd just met online a week previously (real Sp dom...NOT). if I met a guy, got to know him for awhile, had good chemistry and the circumstances were ideal, I'd have no problem moving in with him in just a couple of weeks
- ideally I would not think about money at all. I'm thinking about it so much so that when I'm older I can be like "screw it! I don't care!"

however, I still think I'm Sp/Sx for the following reasons
- I am an ENFP 7, that by itself is a pretty sexual type ;)
- I relate to 100% of Riso/Hudson's Sp dom 7 descriptions (though I also related to about 70% of the Sx dom 7 description)
- I'm fairly introverted and introspective for a 7 (like an Sp/Sx)
- I tend to put financial matters ahead of everything else
- I'm sure that, regardless of instinctual variant, the majority of 21 year old, desperat,e twink hungry, homosexual males would probably relate to most of what I just said

PS: and just for fun, you can vote on my main enneagram type if you think I'm mistyped :laugh: (I'm pretty set on 7w6, this part is just fun)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
From one queer to another, girrrrl, you are getting more flamey diva every day :thelook:. SX instinctual?? Yeah I can see that.

G

garbage

Subscribin', because all I know personally is that I'm probably so-last and would like to pay attention to this discussion.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've sworn I was Sp/Sx for the longest time (I'm about 90% sure I'm Sp/Sx, and it's definitely the type I'd like to be because I think it's the best), but I've really been going through a painful transformation recently and realized I had a ton of repressed emotions including
- feeling old/fear of getting old/feeling like I'm running out of time to find a partner (which is fucking ridiculous. I just turned 21)
- loneliness (often severe)
- the fact that I am a total affection whore. in fact, if I had my way, I'd probably spend ~3 hour a day on just snuggling
- I have a tendency to get attached to people way to quickly, so I've repressed this urge in the past rather than deal with it directly
- occasional feelings of envy towards people in successful relationships
- if I care about you, I am a tremendously affectionate person, but I repress the hell out of this because in the past I've seen it as a vulnerability (and it is, being rejected by someone you've shown intense affection to is fucking painful)

apart from this
- my communication style is much more intense and expressive than most Sp doms
- I'm bold, attention seeking and, as you all know, quite a diva
- I listen to dramatic, passionate music for hours at a time, often listening to the same song over and over again
- people seem to think women like Madonna, Lady Gaga etc are freaks/extremist but to me they just seem normal. I would totally be that outrageous, fiery and dress that expressively if I had the money
- I've realized just how much I'm willing to do for love. these past few weeks I've fought urges to go fly out and meet people I'd just met online a week previously (real Sp dom...NOT). if I met a guy, got to know him for awhile, had good chemistry and the circumstances were ideal, I'd have no problem moving in with him in just a couple of weeks
- ideally I would not think about money at all. I'm thinking about it so much so that when I'm older I can be like "screw it! I don't care!"

however, I still think I'm Sp/Sx for the following reasons
- I am an ENFP 7, that by itself is a pretty sexual type ;)
- I relate to 100% of Riso/Hudson's Sp dom 7 descriptions (though I also related to about 70% of the Sx dom 7 description)
- I'm fairly introverted and introspective for a 7 (like an Sp/Sx)
- I tend to put financial matters ahead of everything else
- I'm sure that, regardless of instinctual variant, the majority of 21 year old, desperat,e twink hungry, homosexual males would probably relate to most of what I just said

PS: and just for fun, you can vote on my main enneagram type if you think I'm mistyped :laugh: (I'm pretty set on 7w6, this part is just fun)

Have you taken that instinctual variants test? I think it's pretty good for determining variant.

The main question is: Do you prefer to interact with people and things one-on-one over everything else? Over being part of a group and over your personal space? I can get almost sexual with food, articles of clothing, songs, people, etc. Domino described it best in some thread a year and a half ago or so.....it's just this intensity to connect with someone, or admire something. SP's care less to interact and connect than to be alone.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Subscribin', because all I know personally is that I'm probably so-last and would like to pay attention to this discussion.

you are clearly So/Sx.

Elf, my av is an Sx/Sp 7w8, do you feel similar with?

G

garbage

you are clearly So/Sx.
Yeah, I'll have to consider this one again. The trouble is that descriptions of instinctual stackings of specific types are pretty misleading.

(I'm not gonna derail Elfboy's thing any further, though; I'll start my own sometime)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you are clearly So/Sx.
Elf, my av is an Sx/Sp 7w8, do you feel similar with?

I relate to 7w6 Sx/Sp and 7w8 Sp/Sx (as you said, I am a gay version of Gambit :cool: ). I don't relate to the Sx dom 7w8s very well at all though. they're so much more intense and thrill seeking whereas I am a coward when it comes to that kind of stuff (less now than when I was younger, but still) Sx dom 7w8 is more action hero/thrill seeker/dangerous bad boy.
Edit: however, in the off chance that I am a 3w4, I am definitely an Sx dom. in fact, I related to the 3w4 Sx/Sp and 3w4 Sx/So videos more than either the 7w6 or 7w8 of any variant (seriously, Madonna, Cher and David Bowie just seem like normal people to me lol)

[MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION]: if you are a 3w4 So/Sx, you're not going to be the typical So/Sx. 3w4s in general have a very Sp/Sx-ish demeanor.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the responses in this thread are surprising so far :yes:

in case this helps. here are two videos of me

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14235]Phoenix[/MENTION]: I'll have a look, thanks. :)
[MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION]: while i don't put a lot of weight in tests, I've two that seemed decent. one said I was Sp/Sx and the other Sx/Sp (though I've REALLY been going through a transformation recently, so I think I'll take them again). to answer your other question though, yes, I like to be around close, special people as often as possible. I can do very well or at least manage with large stretches of time alone, but I would like a lot more intimacy with people I vibe with in my life.

another point for Sp dom: I have VERY good self control for an ExxP 7 (and, for the most part , I always have)
another point for Sx dom: the primary reason I want to get a lot of money is so that I can stay beautiful and use it to enhance my sex life. also, I am not a sugar daddy, but I could easily see myself becoming one if I'm not careful (when I love someone, I have to fight the urge to spoil the shit out of them lol)

this is the main reason I think I'm 7 Sp/Sx. I do relate a lot to the Riso Hudson Sexual 7 description, but the Self Preservation 7 description is like the story of my life :D

Self-Preservation Sevens

Getting Mine. In the average range, Self-Preservation Sevens are determined, energetic people, driven to make sure that their basic needs and comforts will always be met. Their attitudes and concerns tend to emphasize the practical and the material. (In the immortal words of Scarlett O'Hara, "As God is my witness, I will never go hungry again!") They tend to be ambitious and work hard to insure that options will remain open to them.

Self-Preservation Sevens are also classic consumers. They enjoy shopping, traveling, and pampering themselves, making it their business to gather information about the potential sources of enjoyment (catalogues, movie listings, travel and restaurant guides). These Sevens are especially on the lookout for sales and bargains, and like discussing these matters with friends. ("I just found the most darling mugs at the Pottery Barn.") While they enjoy socializing, Self-Preservation Sevens fear developing dependencies on others and avoid having others depend on them.

Less healthy Self-Preservation Sevens can feel impatient and panicky when their needs are not quickly met. They often experience anxieties about the loss of comforts or of material support and easily feel deprived. (Fears about going hungry are not uncommon.) They can be extremely demanding and cranky when frustrated, expecting others to meet their needs as soon as they are expressed—or even sooner.

In the unhealthy range, Self-Preservation Sevens can be extremely thoughtless and relentless in pursuit of security needs. They aggressively go after whatever they believe will make them feel more secure or stave off their anxiety, and brook no interference. Reckless with their finances and resources, spending out of control or gambling, they can be even more profligate with their own health and inner resources. They push themselves beyond reasonable limits, eating, drinking, and indulging themselves to excess.

Sexual Sevens

The Neophile. In the average range, Sexual Sevens are constantly looking for something new and beyond the ordinary; like Fours, they tend to reject the mundane. In all of their activities and interactions, they want to experience the intense charge of being alive. They see life through heightened imagination, idealizing themselves, their relationships, and reality. They often have wide-ranging curiosity and interests and are fascinated by new ideas and topics they see as being on the cutting edge. Sexual Sevens are magnetized by people whom they find interesting or refreshing. When the radar of their sexual instinct locks on the such a person, they do not hesitate to approach the person with charm and genuine interest. They feel temporarily dazzled and hypnotized by the object of their curiosity and may induce similar feelings in others. Sexual Sevens enjoy the excitement of fantasizing about future adventures and shared interest with the nre person. They love wild ideas, wit, and humor — their minds move very quickly, but this can also cause restlessness with themselves and their relationships.

Less healthy Sexual Sevens can become fickle — both with their interests and with their affections. They fear commitment, preferring the intense feelings of infatuation that occur in the earliest stages of a relationship. (They love falling in love.) They revel in romance and in the process of mutual discovery, but as soon as the feelings become familiar, they are ready to explore other possibilities. Similarly, restlessness causes them to lack discernment. They may get involved in faddish or sensational ideas in glitzy packaging that are little more than temporary distractions. Disappointment soon follows.

In the unhealthy range, Sexual Sevens become even more reckless in their pursuit of charged excitement. They may involve themselves in crazy schemes and unrealistic or dangerous love affairs. They become thrill-seekers, looking for more and more extraordinary sources of entertainment while being less and less affected by any of it. They become hardened and dissipated from living on the edge, often burning out or damaging themselves in some permanent way from their excesses.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION]
you guys know me pretty well, what do you think?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82kURwQU4hU"]Demitri Martin[/YOUTUBE]

Your presentation is sorta like Demetri Martin, who I've heard is a 7w6 sp/sx

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82kURwQU4hU"]Demitri Martin[/YOUTUBE]
Your presentation is sorta like Demetri Martin, who I've heard is a 7w6 sp/sx

you're right, he does seem a lot like me
thanks for sharing :)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Well, frankly, I'm not quite sure myself. If one compares your style to, say, Marm's (Sx/Sp) and to OrangeAppled's (Sp/Sx), it seems to fall in a sort of middle ground; not quite as expressive and self-disclosing as Marm, but also much less clinical and exact than OA...

It does seem like you've been confronting your "shadow", though - as in, the unexpressed, rejected aspects of yourself. That does bring up the question of whether the Enneagram is about the shadow itself or about the ways we find to dodge it... :thinking:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've learned not to put much faith in tests, but I just took a test a few minutes ago and came out
Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Social ||| 10%
Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Random - you have a nice voice Elfboy. Like a host.

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
Its hard tell if your need of "security" is a w6 thing or ab sp thing...

If its the former, 7w6 sounds right and i would go with sx over sp since in the vids the connection to others ans sensuality seems to override the aspects of security and "self-preserving" alone time... which would make sense if each category had ties with a subset instead of it being the dominate factor.

Side note: i really admire your ability to easily and readily express your values/how you realized them within yourself. You should do youth outreach programs or something, hahaha :).

S

Society

elfboy, i don't think you're going to know your Sx's stacking location until you've being through some relationships (serious enough to found out what happens when SX clashes with the other two), and i am inclined to think you haven't, since, well, didn't you just find out you where gay, or something like that? and i didnt get the impression you where lucky enough to find out about it in the "huh its being several years and i am practically married to someone of my own gender" kind of way...