MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    ah.. the little dom in cov??
    No he's an INFP. And quit digging. It may become obvious later but I'm being confidential. NT... being sympathetic... a little help wouldn't go amiss!!

Well i'm not sure it's really sunk in that I'm going to have a fuc.... INTP wife soon!!!
    I read that totally different and thought "I know... there's no need to broadcast though"
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Eccentric cat ladies!
    Are you admitting or just commenting ?

Well, seeing as both extraversion and feeling have a tendancy to be slightly more people-oriented functions, it makes perfect sense that an EF that doesn't like people would come off slightly more like an IT than typical.
    Even to the point where they declare most people beneath them and not worth bothering with? I mean I empathise with this guy and that's just not right if he's an ENFP. I should be slapping him for being all illogical and stuff.
    And there is also the difference affected by gender, as we all know females are, to a certain extent, permitted to be much more mushy and in day to day life than males.
    So many people need to meet my sister ....
    And if you look at the cognitive functions - ENFPs are NeFi... Ne is all about ideas, trains of thought, etc, so not nessecarily to do with people (although people are certainly a very interesting way to bounce your thoughts off). And Fi is all about internal values... again, feasibly requiring little influence from people to operate comfortable.
    Ne...Fi... doesn't that equal the perfect concoction for "nobody likes me... it's a conspiracy too!!!" ?

ENFPs are about the most prone to be defined by others... mind you though I've yet to find a "normal" one
    Anyway, I think the point I'm trying to say, is that although people may feasibly not be necessarily be the main focus of an ENFP (and merely a trifling amusement, for example), I think for an ENFP to have no interest in people whatsoever is beyond what I would consider a normal derivation from the norm...
    I think he's too heavy an N and finds most people draining as he has to explain his hop, skip and jump style.
    I agree, so it really depends on how 'nonsocial' this ENFP fellow is - just slightly standoffish? Absolutely normal. Completely asocial? Not so...
    He hides in his house, is practically silent unless you are well known to him, doesn't express unless it's just me him and one other... very easy to accidentally make him go quiet and yet he seems to take offence at very little..

He's an oddball...

Ergo ENFP...

Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Introverts, from the original temperament observations have a longer response delay. So they build up anger more slowly then the extroverts, but then they will explode, sometimes violently. The "butler who did it" could have been a INFP who served his master faithfully, felt used, and then reacted in a murderous rage. The directing introverts will tend to hold grudges longer, but an informing introvert such as the INFP will hold them too if the issue is not resolved.

The informing extrovert is so people-oriented, they will want to get over conflict faster.
    Good point. Sometimes you have to wonder if they want to get it over at all though. The ENFJ "well f' you and all your ancestors" is a prime example!

Btw, my problem ENFP has all four (or five if we're being technical) temperament elements except choleric. His strive for success has been chopped off. Any ideas?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    ENFPs are about the most prone to be defined by others... mind you though I've yet to find a "normal" one
    That is explained by the NeFi conflict, the Fi gives a solid idea of what our values are, the NE of all the possibilities of what the non-existent values of society could be, and thus conflict...

So definded by others, but only within a framework that the Fi agrees makes sense hence why we aren't really defined by others, just constrained by them.

MBTI
    ENFP

His strive for success has been chopped off. Any ideas?
    constrained or destroyed ego...

or failure in the past,

or both combining with a fear that if he were to try again and fail again even the life he has now would be deminished...

As a guess..

And I'm trying to respect you NT attempt at sympathy and discretion, though implicit in that is that I do know him...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

That is explained by the NeFi conflict, the Fi gives a solid idea of what our values are, the NE of all the possibilities of what the non-existent values of society could be, and thus conflict...

So definded by others, but only within a framework that the Fi agrees makes sense hence why we aren't really defined by others, just constrained by them.
    So damning and yet so true.
    constrained or destroyed ego...

or failure in the past,

or both combining with a fear that if he were to try again and fail again even the life he has now would be deminished...

As a guess..
    Correct. I know this bit What can I do about it?
    And I'm trying to respect you NT attempt at sympathy and discretion, though implicit in that is that I do know him...
    I was kidding... hullo. Losen up. Jeez, anyone would think you were getting married or something...

MBTI
    ENFP

So damning and yet so true.
    Was it damning? opps. honesty = damning for an enfp... shit better get back to self-delusion again quick...

Correct. I know this bit What can I do about it?
    er nothing, except wait till he wants to do something or sounds like he may, then offer lots of advice and support (even if he does something you think is crazyish (obiovusly trying class a's shoudn't be supported) or not exactly what you suggest). Basically he'll only snap out of it once he is fed up with how he is now and decides he has to do something. Otherwise what ever you do to help him, becomes the reason for the changes, and thus his ego remains flat.. "Ok so i'm now the best film director in the world, but it wasn't me it was all xander really 15 years ago...." If you see what I mean? He needs to do things he wants and for it to be obvious that it is HIM that did it. That's why he hasn't done it yet, because if he tries and fails... OUCH
    I was kidding... hullo. Losen up. Jeez, anyone would think you were getting married or something...
    Oh I'm getting married? lol

Sorry I thought you were working on your Fe or something, I obviously want to encourage that!! lol

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Even to the point where they declare most people beneath them and not worth bothering with? I mean I empathise with this guy and that's just not right if he's an ENFP. I should be slapping him for being all illogical and stuff.
    That sounds more like a defensive mechanism than real reason - I can't imagine a proper ENFP truly believing that most people are lesser and not worth bothering with, so it may be a reason he pulls up to cover what's really there? Hm...

So many people need to meet my sister ....
    Not mushy at all? What type is she?

I should probably not use that example (gender stereotypes), but even as much as it's totally not relevant to some people, other times it explains a lot. So, worth considering, IMO. Even if it's just in the general brain dump of thoughts on an issue like this!

Ne...Fi... doesn't that equal the perfect concoction for "nobody likes me... it's a conspiracy too!!!" ?
    Yes, yes it does.

Isn't that interesting, considering that Fi as a function is all about your own set of values, your internal compass. And yet we ENFPs change opinion based on external approval/disapproval with alarming frequency. INFPs, on the other hand, I get the impression are very certain in what they believe. I wouldn't even know where to start finding out what I believe in that is so solid and certain.

I think he's too heavy an N and finds most people draining as he has to explain his hop, skip and jump style.
    That would explain a lot, and is one of the main reasons I end up getting sick of people every now and again. I can imagine being a really extreme N could be similar to an extreme Introvert in the way that they are frustrated and exhausted by 'regular people'.

He hides in his house, is practically silent unless you are well known to him, doesn't express unless it's just me him and one other... very easy to accidentally make him go quiet and yet he seems to take offence at very little..

He's an oddball...

Ergo ENFP...

Haha, thanks. Such faith in our type, there.

Out of curiosity, though, what helped you to decide on ENFP for him, when he clearly isn't a very typical one?

Wait, am I supposed to be helping solve an issue? I just like discussing ideas.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

That's like a dog saying that it's not that they love food, they just love the taste
    Yes, but there is a difference.
    a) I'm not a dog
    b) I'm not a dog.

Seriously speaking. I only love few people. I like people but even I don't like everybody. I like the interaction so it includes me and the other person/s. So I can say that I like social psychology over psychology.

MBTI
    ENFP

Isn't that interesting, considering that Fi as a function is all about your own set of values, your internal compass. And yet we ENFPs change opinion based on external approval/disapproval with alarming frequency. INFPs, on the other hand, I get the impression are very certain in what they believe. I wouldn't even know where to start finding out what I believe in that is so solid and certain.
    I'm not so sure, I think INFPs are uncertain just as much, they just present a concept as certain to the world. if you see what I mean?

We are Es and so find the idea of throwing a concept, we are unsure about, out into the wider world as acceptable and informative; it will be tested this way and thus improved or ruined appropriatly. Introverts feel they need to have it right when they through the concept to the world for exactly the same reason, though they see the testing as, well not negative but unplesant or personal, as do E's.

I think they still have as many unsures deep down, but feel it isn't a great idea to show that.

i don't think i change my opinions very often at all, let alone alarmingly frequently, but we share a type not a head lol! I see it that we have an internal compass, but we doubt it's validity and thus get buffetted by others approval/disapproval but in the end we still find ourselves returning to that compass eventually...

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

I'm not so sure, I think INFPs are uncertain just as much, they just present a concept as certain to the world. if you see what I mean?

We are Es and so find the idea of throwing a concept, we are unsure about, out into the wider world as acceptable and informative; it will be tested this way and thus improved or ruined appropriatly. Introverts feel they need to have it right when they through the concept to the world for exactly the same reason, though they see the testing as, well not negative but unplesant or personal, as do E's.

I think they still have as many unsures deep down, but feel it isn't a great idea to show that.
    That definitely makes sense. An INFP has to decide on where things stand before they present it to the world, wheras ENFPs are happy to throw the half-decided products out and alter it depending on the reception? Interesting...

i don't think i change my opinions very often at all, let alone alarmingly frequently, but we share a type not a head lol! I see it that we have an internal compass, but we doubt it's validity and thus get buffetted by others approval/disapproval but in the end we still find ourselves returning to that compass eventually...
    Lol, of course. I exaggerate, as I often do, but I've noticed in myself the tendancy to fairly rapidly change my opinion on something to align with what another person's (often adamant) opinion is. It's not like I completely abandon my original stance, it's just I alter it (sometimes a fair bit) when faced with an alternate opinion. I mean, usually it's a fairly trivial issue ("Oh, I can't stand that type of shoe!" ) but I still do it to a certain extent with larger issues.

Actually, I just realised something. My little brother is an INFP, and I've noticed on occasion that he has a tendancy to spout our ESTJ father's opinions back out as his own. The ESTJ is naturally very certain and definite and logical about what he believes, and my brother would still be developing his ideals (he's 15), so he's possibly more affected by external opinion than I am.

Can I hazard a guess that an INFP eventually settles and decides on a solid value base, wheras an ENFP tends to keep theirs open?

Or maybe they both settle down into a solid set of values as they go on in life? I'm only 20, so it makes sense that my values are still in a state of fluidity.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp