• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

worst sensor in the world?

kanye west

i'm too lazy to fill out a form, because every time i do so i end up realizing that i'm not the most truthful when answering it for reasons unknown so i'll just try to describe myself in each dichotomy!!!!! i'm basically xxxx at the moment!

I vs E

• i don't get tired after socializing, but i rarely ever socialize anyway, and the only time i do talk to people is at school, and with the same four people at that.
  • i don't usually care about companionship, but i'd rather not sit alone only because i'm a little self-conscious at looking lonely.
  • i almost never start conversations, unless it's with my closest *three* friends lmao, so most of my friendships die after a while
  • i can talk endlessly if it's about something i'm interested in, but i sometimes can barely think of what to say if it's about other people's personal matters or stupid stories about their siblings etc etc

S vs N
  • i'm don't feel very n-ish, mostly because i don't talk/type with symbols. i sometimes use analogies but they're pretty stupid so idk
  • i'm super bad with details and my *surroundings* i've gone through days where i've worn something backwards and not realized for hours on end
  • my memory is okay (does this have to do with sensory stuff????? w/e) i can usually remember if someone told me something about themselves years ago, but i sometimes can't remember what i wore the day before or what i ate
  • i look forward to the future and think about the future often, but i'm REALLY lazy and probably have self-control issues so i just sit on the internet instead of actually working towards the future
  • if i put enough effort into it, i can sometimes find symbols and understand the hidden meaning in films. it doesn't come naturally though, and takes more effort than i'm willing to give for a bad indie film on netflix
  • probably doesn't relate to sensing vs intuiting as much, but i'm awful at sports, except for handball, i think i liked playing handball during elementary school. i have a hard time watching it too except for tennis and sports that have to do with nets ahahah
  • i think i'm a sensor that has no good sensor traits? is that possible? a lot of humiliating memories haunt me though, and basically anything will trigger them, so is that signs of Si?

T vs F
  • i sometimes cry at really stupid things, like at jin and sun near the lost finale, and some other media-related things
  • idk if this has to do with anything but i think i might've gotten more emotional as i've aged (which isn't much considering i'm sixteen)
  • i can't say if i put my emotions into my decisions, mostly because i haven't made any big decisions in my life.
  • i don't really care about the emotions of other people, and i rarely ask people how they're doing unless other people make a big deal out of it so i'll feel a little obliged to ~fit in~
  • i have commitment issues. if someone doesn't like me more than i like them then our relationship doesn't work, and if that person likes me more than a normal person likes a friend, then our relationship definitely can't work. i get freaked out if people cling on to me, and i'll start acting rude just to get them to back off. socializing on the internet is much easier than real life socializing, because if i get sick of a person on the internet i can block them and never have to face them again lol
  • if i cared about mbti a year ago, i could talk a lot more about being blunt and believing in ~honesty~ but i've started to hold back my opinion a little more

P vs J
  • i sometimes plan things, but i rarely go through with the plan because i'm either a. too lazy or b. too apathetic
  • i'm a big procratinator. a lot of the time i don't start most of my homework/projects until the night it's due, or sometimes the morning if i feel like telling myself that i have eight hours until it's actually due.

idk if i were to compare myself to someone, it'd be oreki from hyouka. i'd probably copy his description on mal if i were too lazy to write my own. okay wait i lied again omfg i reread oreki's description thing on mal and it says that he finishes all of his work no matter what but i've completely like ~seven~ math assignments during high school.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can't commit to a response.

Things to do,
people to see,
mountains to ski.

A

Anew Leaf

Question: Do you feel bad about interrupting Taylor Swift at the music awards a few years back?

(That was you, right? I am so bad with being on the up and up with celebrity news.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Question: Do you feel bad about interrupting Taylor Swift at the music awards a few years back?

(That was you, right? I am so bad with being on the up and up with celebrity news.)

Make TMZ your homepage just to make sure you stay caught up with celeb news.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Yep, definitely an IXFP.

Why not INFP? They're pretty cool people, and Mal sounds right.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep, definitely an IXFP.

Why not INFP? They're pretty cool people, and Mal sounds right.

Kanye was right about Si, except it's in the tertiary mode. That's one reason why INFP.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Kanye was right about Si, except it's in the tertiary mode. That's one reason why INFP.

Yeah, the dominant Fi was pretty obvious. I just didn't know about his (her??) Se/Ne, but a case could be made for Ne.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I was going to say you sound enormously like me at that age. But that would make Mal right!!

Ah jokes....anyhow yeah INFP does seem fairly right.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, the dominant Fi was pretty obvious. I just didn't know about his (her??) Se/Ne, but a case could be made for Ne.

I don't see INFP anywhere. Maybe I just don't understand the type at all, but I don't see anything remotely Fi except for crying at stupid things, but really anyone can do that. Would someone care to explain this to me please, so I can have a better understanding of Fi?

(For some reason, people have told me repeatedly that I am INFP, but yet I don't think (from what I've read about Fi that) it applies to me; but yet I don't seem to recognize Fi when I see it in others. Is this because I don't in fact use it? Or Ti just seems more straightforward? Just a puzzling thought.)

I think you are too young to have really grow into your true type, whatever that may be. Once you are happy and well balanced in your life, comfortable with people and your social life, dealt with your procrastination and relationship issues, and found your path in life, then try to type yourself. Until then just look at the types and see what fits and what doesn't, and use the advice for the different types to solve your various issues. And don't take what anyone says too seriously. Only you know who you are.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As for what I think:
You don't strike me as an extrovert. I think if you have doubt in this area you're probably not one. Also if you were a J you'd probably know it. Neither feeling nor thinking really jumps out at me, so I think you're just at a point in life where you don't really care, so it's impossible to tell. Unless you have more to say on the matter. ISFP's tend to be more misanthropic than INFP's, but you could just be cynical. Or a thinker.

IXXP.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't see INFP anywhere. Maybe I just don't understand the type at all, but I don't see anything remotely Fi except for crying at stupid things, but really anyone can do that. Would someone care to explain this to me please, so I can have a better understanding of Fi?

(For some reason, people have told me repeatedly that I am INFP, but yet I don't think (from what I've read about Fi that) it applies to me; but yet I don't seem to recognize Fi when I see it in others. Is this because I don't in fact use it? Or Ti just seems more straightforward? Just a puzzling thought.)

I think you are too young o have really grow into your true type, whatever that may be. Once you are happy and well balanced in your life, comfortable with people and your social life, dealt with your procrastination and relationship issues, and found your path in life, then try to type yourself. Until then just look at the types and see what fits and what doesn't, and use the advice for the different types to solve your various issues. And don't take what anyone says too seriously. Only you know who you are.

I'm going to give you a terrible answer, and it's that I just get that vibe, man. I can't put it into words, but I'll just say it's because I didn't detect much Fe, and I didn't feel a particular reason to suggest Ti. I'd have to stew on it for a bit, though.

Maybs later tonight I'll come back, review the INFP profile (and several others), and see if there are any helpful clues to be drawn.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to give you a terrible answer, and it's that I just get that vibe, man. I can't put it into words, but I'll just say it's because I didn't detect much Fe, and I didn't feel a particular reason to suggest Ti. I'd have to stew on it for a bit, though.

Maybs later tonight I'll come back, review the INFP profile (and several others), and see if there are any helpful clues to be drawn.

Kthanks.

When I posted my 2 threads about thoughts on my type, I was actually looking for some serious analysis of types and cognitive functions, but since it resulted in a debate based on people getting these sorts of "vibes" from me, I'm inclined to think serious analysis isn't really what people are into. Which is frustrating for me, but I can't really criticize since apparently I imagine type matters more to people than it does.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think you are too young to have really grow into your true type, whatever that may be. Once you are happy and well balanced in your life, comfortable with people and your social life, dealt with your procrastination and relationship issues, and found your path in life, then try to type yourself. Until then just look at the types and see what fits and what doesn't, and use the advice for the different types to solve your various issues. And don't take what anyone says too seriously. Only you know who you are.

There is little JCF to go on. Enneatype 9 seems fairly obvious. As for MBTI, I see an introvert, an intuitive, a feeler, and a perceiver. Then I see Si tertiary. I don't see Fi or Ne or anything else JCF-wise for that matter.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(which isn't much considering i'm sixteen)

INFP + puberty.

Hard times, but stuff will get easier. :tongue:

Since you're only 16, people won't be able to type you based on mature levels of cognative function use. That said, you seem to have all the traits and struggles an INFP your age is likely to have to deal with.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP + puberty.

Hard times, but stuff will get easier. :tongue:

Since you're only 16, people won't be able to type you based on mature levels of cognative function use. That said, you seem to have all the traits and struggles an INFP your age is likely to have to deal with.

INFP + puberty + slacker = really hard times.

S

Society

well, his Fe is certainly not within the first two, it is barely acknowledged, while his hints at an internal struggle with the "necessarily dishonesty" in society in which he seems to find it challenging to not let Fi overpower it, suggesting very strongly that his Fe is a shadow function, while his Fi is within the first four.

gut what tells me Fi about him is actually his Te (they come together): look at the entire post, he isn't breaking down the information, he is trying to connect it as a whole and tries to shove in more then he can chew, instead of deducting, he is throwing it at mental map to see what sticks.

with Fi, Te, Si and Ne, the choice seems to me to be between NFP or STJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well, his Fe is certainly not within the first two, it is barely acknowledged, while his hints at an internal struggle with the "necessarily dishonesty" in society in which he seems to find it challenging to not let Fi overpower it, suggesting very strongly that his Fe is a shadow function, while his Fi is within the first four.

gut what tells me Fi about him is actually his Te (they come together): look at the entire post, he isn't breaking down the information, he is trying to connect it as a whole and tries to shove in more then he can chew, instead of deducting, he is throwing it at mental map to see what sticks.

with Fi, Te, Si and Ne, the choice seems to me to be between NFP or STJ.

I need an example of "throwing it at mental map to see what sticks" and the other parts of your analysis.