User Tag List

First 1234 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    Yeah, the dominant Fi was pretty obvious. I just didn't know about his (her??) Se/Ne, but a case could be made for Ne.
    I don't see INFP anywhere. Maybe I just don't understand the type at all, but I don't see anything remotely Fi except for crying at stupid things, but really anyone can do that. Would someone care to explain this to me please, so I can have a better understanding of Fi?

(For some reason, people have told me repeatedly that I am INFP, but yet I don't think (from what I've read about Fi that) it applies to me; but yet I don't seem to recognize Fi when I see it in others. Is this because I don't in fact use it? Or Ti just seems more straightforward? Just a puzzling thought.)

I think you are too young to have really grow into your true type, whatever that may be. Once you are happy and well balanced in your life, comfortable with people and your social life, dealt with your procrastination and relationship issues, and found your path in life, then try to type yourself. Until then just look at the types and see what fits and what doesn't, and use the advice for the different types to solve your various issues. And don't take what anyone says too seriously. Only you know who you are.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

As for what I think:
    You don't strike me as an extrovert. I think if you have doubt in this area you're probably not one. Also if you were a J you'd probably know it. Neither feeling nor thinking really jumps out at me, so I think you're just at a point in life where you don't really care, so it's impossible to tell. Unless you have more to say on the matter. ISFP's tend to be more misanthropic than INFP's, but you could just be cynical. Or a thinker.

IXXP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't see INFP anywhere. Maybe I just don't understand the type at all, but I don't see anything remotely Fi except for crying at stupid things, but really anyone can do that. Would someone care to explain this to me please, so I can have a better understanding of Fi?

(For some reason, people have told me repeatedly that I am INFP, but yet I don't think (from what I've read about Fi that) it applies to me; but yet I don't seem to recognize Fi when I see it in others. Is this because I don't in fact use it? Or Ti just seems more straightforward? Just a puzzling thought.)

I think you are too young o have really grow into your true type, whatever that may be. Once you are happy and well balanced in your life, comfortable with people and your social life, dealt with your procrastination and relationship issues, and found your path in life, then try to type yourself. Until then just look at the types and see what fits and what doesn't, and use the advice for the different types to solve your various issues. And don't take what anyone says too seriously. Only you know who you are.
    I'm going to give you a terrible answer, and it's that I just get that vibe, man. I can't put it into words, but I'll just say it's because I didn't detect much Fe, and I didn't feel a particular reason to suggest Ti. I'd have to stew on it for a bit, though.

Maybs later tonight I'll come back, review the INFP profile (and several others), and see if there are any helpful clues to be drawn.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    I'm going to give you a terrible answer, and it's that I just get that vibe, man. I can't put it into words, but I'll just say it's because I didn't detect much Fe, and I didn't feel a particular reason to suggest Ti. I'd have to stew on it for a bit, though.

Maybs later tonight I'll come back, review the INFP profile (and several others), and see if there are any helpful clues to be drawn.
    Kthanks.

When I posted my 2 threads about thoughts on my type, I was actually looking for some serious analysis of types and cognitive functions, but since it resulted in a debate based on people getting these sorts of "vibes" from me, I'm inclined to think serious analysis isn't really what people are into. Which is frustrating for me, but I can't really criticize since apparently I imagine type matters more to people than it does.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think you are too young to have really grow into your true type, whatever that may be. Once you are happy and well balanced in your life, comfortable with people and your social life, dealt with your procrastination and relationship issues, and found your path in life, then try to type yourself. Until then just look at the types and see what fits and what doesn't, and use the advice for the different types to solve your various issues. And don't take what anyone says too seriously. Only you know who you are.
    There is little JCF to go on. Enneatype 9 seems fairly obvious. As for MBTI, I see an introvert, an intuitive, a feeler, and a perceiver. Then I see Si tertiary. I don't see Fi or Ne or anything else JCF-wise for that matter.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kanye west View Post
    (which isn't much considering i'm sixteen)
    INFP + puberty.

Hard times, but stuff will get easier.

Since you're only 16, people won't be able to type you based on mature levels of cognative function use. That said, you seem to have all the traits and struggles an INFP your age is likely to have to deal with.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    INFP + puberty.

Hard times, but stuff will get easier.

Since you're only 16, people won't be able to type you based on mature levels of cognative function use. That said, you seem to have all the traits and struggles an INFP your age is likely to have to deal with.
    INFP + puberty + slacker = really hard times.

Banned

Helen Keller ain't no Daredevil.

Society

well, his Fe is certainly not within the first two, it is barely acknowledged, while his hints at an internal struggle with the "necessarily dishonesty" in society in which he seems to find it challenging to not let Fi overpower it, suggesting very strongly that his Fe is a shadow function, while his Fi is within the first four.

gut what tells me Fi about him is actually his Te (they come together): look at the entire post, he isn't breaking down the information, he is trying to connect it as a whole and tries to shove in more then he can chew, instead of deducting, he is throwing it at mental map to see what sticks.

with Fi, Te, Si and Ne, the choice seems to me to be between NFP or STJ.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    well, his Fe is certainly not within the first two, it is barely acknowledged, while his hints at an internal struggle with the "necessarily dishonesty" in society in which he seems to find it challenging to not let Fi overpower it, suggesting very strongly that his Fe is a shadow function, while his Fi is within the first four.

gut what tells me Fi about him is actually his Te (they come together): look at the entire post, he isn't breaking down the information, he is trying to connect it as a whole and tries to shove in more then he can chew, instead of deducting, he is throwing it at mental map to see what sticks.

with Fi, Te, Si and Ne, the choice seems to me to be between NFP or STJ.
    I need an example of "throwing it at mental map to see what sticks" and the other parts of your analysis.