• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Some help typing me?

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I'm an IxFP, but I don't know if I'm an INFP or an ISFP, and I could be completely wrong. So I guess I'll just post a little bit about myself then, and if you guys have any questions you can ask those and I can answer them? XD

I'm often mistaken for an extrovert because I like to talk a lot with my close friends and when someone is talking about something I'm very interested in or feel strongly about. I feel the most comfortable when I'm with one or two close friends, or by myself. I don't like big groups of people, parties, or talking with acquaintances or strangers because I start feeling uncomfortable and worn out.

I tend to second-guess myself a lot ("I think I'm this type!" one day, for instance, and then the next day I'll go "I'm not so sure, maybe I should research more...")
I wouldn't say I'm antisocial or hard to approach. If someone comes up to me, I'll gladly talk to them and be very polite, but I am rather private. I would say only one person really knows who I am, and he's been my best friend for almost 5 years now.

I like to dance a lot. I want to have a career in dance. I also like to paint (though I'm not very good at it, it energizes me and always makes me feel better) and I love to write, which I actually think I've gotten pretty good at. Even as a child I was always doodling or writing stories. I once drew a bunch of imaginary friends but I forgot about them after a few hours.... :shrug: I like to lay outside, too, and to just feel the wind on my skin and soak in the sun and take in the world around me. Sometimes my thoughts wander to other people or to other things, or I'll imagine conversations in my head, but it's a lesser thing going on in the back part of my brain--the front part is focused more on the world around me. I play piano, too. I really like to play piano and I'm really really good at the piano (not to brag though! :blush: ) and I also like to sing, although let's be honest... I sound like a dying whale when I sing. XD

I hate people who lie and whenever I lie I always feel really guilty, but whenever I feel like I'm going to get in trouble, I always lie as a gut reaction. I feel really bad about it but I just feel terrified that someone's going to yell at me for something that I did. :blush:

I hate conflict. With a passion. I feel ill when I listen to people argue. I almost never get in arguments with people, myself, because I can almost feel when a subject we're discussing is going to eventually end in an argument, and with those I always play the peacemaker, smooth things over, and try to avoid any disagreements. I'll often put my own happiness aside, or not state my opinions or what I'm really thinking, to try to make others happy so as to avoid upsetting a balance or a sense of peace.

I absolutely love animals, and I'm very... I guess you could say I'm very humanitarian. One of the things I'm fascinated with is the Golden Gate Bridge. I really want to move to San Fransisco at some point in the distant future and spend all my free time sitting at the Golden Gate Bridge. Even though I know the chances of me being able to talk someone out of suicide there are probably pretty slim I would at least like to try. I also hate it when other people judge other people. One time me and my mom were in the mall and we saw someone who had a pink mohawk. I didn't think anything of it, but my mom said "Look at that freak with his pink hair!" and I suddenly had the very strong urge to punch her in the face for that, but I smothered it down, pretended I didn't hear her and quickly changed the subject.

I'm also very sensitive. I don't come across as sensitive at all. I usually just act really happy and hyper and everybody buys it. But I cry a lot at home when I'm alone in my room and no one can hear me if I ever get criticized or insulted. I have a pretty bad temper that I keep hidden, too, but sometimes I blow my top off. (I know I'm definitely Fi dominant, if that helps you type me at all.)

I also love music and I really want to go to Japan at some point. I think Japan is really beautiful and that the people there seem amazing (although I know they must have bad people there like anywhere else I think the majority seem peaceful and respectful. :) )

I also feel misunderstood a lot, especially by my parents. One of my goals in life is to have a real friendship with my future children when I'm married, to understand them and be able to talk with them about anything. I want them to never feel the way my parents (unintentionally) make me feel--under pressure to be what they want me to be and who they want me to be, and misunderstood by them.

Also, if it helps you at all, I'm a 14 year old female. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I relate to a lot of what you're saying, especially at your age (you said you're only 14, and I was a lot less confrontational at 14) and I think you're definitely an IxFP. You might be an ISFP, but I can't be sure.

If you consistently play peacemaker though you may be an Enneagram 9.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I relate to a lot of what you're saying, especially at your age (you said you're only 14, and I was a lot less confrontational at 14) and I think you're definitely an IxFP. You might be an ISFP, but I can't be sure.

If you consistently play peacemaker though you may be an Enneagram 9.

I read through the basic summary of 9s. I do relate quite a bit to it, but I don't think it seems to fit enough for me to be a 9...
Is there anything I could tell you about myself to help decide on whether I'm an ISFP or an INFP?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you don't think you're as peacemaking as a nine, despite your avoidance of conflict? Do you think you're more like a 4?

As for INFP versus ISFP I am honestly hesitant to make quick judgments because of your age. Maybe if you're on the forum more, I can be more of a help with this.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You strike me as an ISFP.

If type 9 doesn't fit you, try reading some descriptions of type 6.

eta: Of course, being that you're only 14, you'd just now be coming into your own with your auxiliary function. Read some descriptions of Se and Ne, one of them should feel more accurate to you.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You strike me as an ISFP.

If type 9 doesn't fit you, try reading some descriptions of type 6.

The hyper, social factor made me think that ISFP was probably more of a possibility because of ambiversion, and also because I relate to a lot of what she is saying, from when I was around 13-14.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I looked into both type 6 and type 4. Type 4 fits more than type 9 did but type 6 seems to fit me almost to a T, so I'm pretty sure I'm a 6.
I've read descriptions of Se and Ne (I read them about a week ago, I think, I was reading about all of the functions) and I feel like I use them both, even though I know that's not possible. All the descriptions I read just confused me, and by now I'm at a saturation point where Se and Ne both look about the same. XD

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I've read descriptions of Se and Ne (I read them about a week ago, I think, I was reading about all of the functions) and I feel like I use them both, even though I know that's not possible. All the descriptions I read just confused me, and by now I'm at a saturation point where Se and Ne both look about the same. XD

Based on what you've said, you sound pretty ISFP. :) Then again, N/S is the hardest to tell over the internet, at least for me, so it's possible that you could be an INFP.

On Ne v. Se:

Ne is the thing that makes you think of all the different possibilities in response to one question, right off the bat. It's spontaneous and unconscious, and tends to take in seemingly irrelevant pieces of information and creates a connection between all of them.

I can't speak as much for Se, but from what I've heard, it's like taking what your five senses perceive and almost living through that which you perceive. That's kind a of a nebulous description, though, and I think I'm making it sound more dramatic than it needs to be. Ideally, you could ask an ISFP (like Marmie Dearest), who is certain about their type, about how they think their Se manifests.

What you have said, however, falls in line with Wikipedia's interpretation of Se: "Se focuses on the experiences and sensations of the immediate, physical world. "

I like to lay outside, too, and to just feel the wind on my skin and soak in the sun and take in the world around me.
. . . the front part is focused more on the world around me.

Also, a lot of S's excel at and are very interested in the arts, such as the ones you've described. :3

Another reason why you seem like an ISFP is because Si doesn't seem to be something you're actively using. INFPs incorporate their Si by thinking about the past and spend time reflecting/dwelling on things that have already transpired. Their kind of S relives memories, rather than the S that ties you to the present.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would agree you seem ISFP, but you may be too young to definitively tell.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree, you sound ISFP to me.. you exclusively reference actually doing things in the world, going places, seeing things.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Another reason why you seem like an ISFP is because Si doesn't seem to be something you're actively using. INFPs incorporate their Si by thinking about the past and spend time reflecting/dwelling on things that have already transpired. Their kind of S relives memories, rather than the S that ties you to the present.

First off: Thanks, your description of Se and Ne helped clear up my confusion a little bit!
Secondly: I do think about my past a lot, actually. I think about things I did when I was 8-9 (so about 5 years ago) that kill me because I keep thinking about how stupid I was and if I had done this differently, or that differently... My past overwhelms me. I also can't help thinking about every stupid decision I've ever made and ways to prevent future stupid decisions when I'm alone in bed at night and can just let my mind roam. And sometimes I have really high levels of anxiety thinking about all the ways thing could go wrong or transpire (whether something good or bad), and I play out millions of conversations and situations in my head all the time. Which is what's confusing for me about INFP vs. ISFP. Those are supposed to be INFP traits, right? But I also have a lot of ISFP traits. And in all of the descriptions of both of them, I relate almost entirely to both.
I don't mean to be debating with you guys or trying to be argumentative here XD But it's really confusing to me. Is it just that because I'm young I'm still coming into some of my functions and so I may have mixed functions until a dominant one settles or pulls itself out in my head? Or am I still misunderstanding as I'm not too knowledgeable in MBTI quite yet? Is it possible to be two types? o___e It isn't, right? XD
Kind of went off on a tangent there, sorry... XD But that paragraph is part of the reason why I'm confused, so maybe if you guys have any answer to that it'll help me find my type ^_^
(Also, as I'm a newb and don't really know much about the forum yet, is it okay if I go through the NF and SP forums and the INFP and ISFP topics and maybe post a little bit, just to get a feel for the two and see if there's one I orient towards a little bit? ((That's also why I haven't posted much yet, I kind of want to go somewhere with like-minded people but am not quite sure if there are places I wouldn't be welcome, with an unknown/undecided type XD))

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
You're more than welcome to post around and try and get a feel for the types.

Honestly, S/N is hard to tell over the internet, and a lot of traits that are described as S or N can look very much the same, or even experienced by both types. What you describe does sound like Si, so you're not imagining that, but . . . it's hard to tell. I honestly can't say I know how it manifests, in situations other than the one I described ^_^;

Your next best bet is to just poke around and pick people's brains, if you're really curious. Truly, age can play a factor, but it's still possible to get an idea of what functions you prefer.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're more than welcome to post around and try and get a feel for the types.

Honestly, S/N is hard to tell over the internet, and a lot of traits that are described as S or N can look very much the same, or even experienced by both types. What you describe does sound like Si, so you're not imagining that, but . . . it's hard to tell. I honestly can't say I know how it manifests, in situations other than the one I described ^_^;

Your next best bet is to just poke around and pick people's brains, if you're really curious. Truly, age can play a factor, but it's still possible to get an idea of what functions you prefer.

So I'll poke around then XD I think for now if I have to identify as a type I'll just say IxFP, because I'm fairly certain on that bit, but I won't choose N or S quite yet.
Thanks so much for you guys' help :D

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know if double-posting is allowed here, sorry if it's not, but I figured I'd rather double-post with this instead of editing my last post just so that it would catch the people's eyes who were helping me earlier XD But I found this questionnaire from this place that I think is called PersonalityCafe? So if this gives you guys any new input or instincts on INFP vs. ISFP, that'd be awesome! XD I'm just going to ramble and probably cram all of my thoughts on everything in just so you guys get a better idea of how my head works XD

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
There isn't anything I know of that would affect the way I answer questions... I used to not be able to to handle my emotions very well and as a result was depressed and a cutter, but I've overcome that at this point. I'm 14, female, and at this moment very peaceful, but very, very tired x'D

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
I tried to copy and paste it but it didn't work, so I went to the original image location and I'll copy-paste that link.
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/18336022@N07/7599570736/
My first impression was "Oh, that looks like a painting! It's really pretty, I wish I could paint it that well!" So then I examined it more closely to give you guys more to go off than that (x'D) and noticed that the black-gray-white stuff on the bottom is supposed to be waves, I think, but it looks more like mist, which is kind of mysterious. I think that the green for the moss on the rocks is really pretty and really vibrant, and I noticed glancing around that there appears to be caves on the right side of the cliff, or coves of some sort. (I'd like to hide out in a cave, sometimes I would rather be alone in a cave and stuff than interact with other people. Especially bossy people or people who just like to argue and won't accept you may have a different opinion or be different than them. I just don't like people like that in general :p) And I think the... sort of texture of the picture is very pretty also, it almost seems wispy or gauzy XD

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
It depends on the time of day I think. If it was daytime I would probably just read a book, listen to music on my iPod, or stare out the window and be impatient and having a panic attack about being late in my head. I may be slightly annoyed but I wouldn't want my bad mood to rub off on other people, especially because all of my friends that I know would get really agitated and let it come off and I wouldn't want to add to other people's bad moods. I would hope someone wiser in cars than me would know what to do and probably sit/stand out of the way, and hope that if someone else didn't know what to do someone else would have the sense to call someone who would know what to do so I wouldn't have to (I have phone anxiety), but if they asked me to call someone I would. If it was nighttime I would probably be on high alert staring out the window, my mind would be running wild and I would feel like someone was going to leap out of the shadows at me and rape and kill us--I'd be taking in all of my surroundings and I would probably end up imagining things that weren't there and thinking/imagining myself into a panic. In either situation though, daytime or nighttime, I would probably want to curl up under a blanket in the back and cry because I'd be agitated and frustrated (and paranoid if it was night), but I would act more maturely. I think I'd probably also think back to the rest of the day and try to remember anything weird the car might've done and told someone who was trying to fix the car or describe the problem to someone on the phone for them to be able to help us.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
It depends on who all was going to be at the afterparty. If it was just my friends going, I'd probably quietly protest and feel uncertain about going, maybe be worried that other people would be drinking and that I would have to drive back or that the driver would lie to me and then try to drive us home drunk and imagine all the problems that could come from that and try to ignore them. I may make up excuses such as having a curfew and having to get back home, having homework (if we were in school/college at the time), having to get up early in the morning, but in the end I would be easily won over and drug along, in which case I'd just follow them around and try to stay out of sight and keep trying to get them to leave early in very subtle ways XDD If, for some reason, the singer/performer of the concert was going to be there and I was a huge fan, I would probably be much more pliable in going along so I could (shyly) ask the performer about their life or whatever, but I'd still be very introverted, shy, and slightly resistant.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Depends, again, on the situation. If the friend was talking to someone else or addressing the group at large I would just stay quiet and avoid answering the question/replying to the claim unless I was directly addressed as in "___, what's your opinion?/what do you think?" in which case I would probably state my opinion, then quickly say "But if you want to believe that that's okay, I mean, we all have different opinions!" and then try to change the subject or avoid participating in any more conversation on the subject. If I was being directly addressed in a one-on-one situation I would feel very uncomfortable and awkward, state my opinion and then say it was okay we had different beliefs/opinions, and quickly change the subject (maybe a little bit forcefully). In either situation I would feel slightly uncomfortable, maybe put out or upset that my friends didn't share my beliefs, and things like that.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
This question confuses me a little bit. Previous beliefs? Wouldn't I not care if they were previous beliefs and I didn't believe them anymore? But again, it depends on the situation. If it was something huge/bigger (e.g., child abuse, bullying, etc.) I would be very, very, very upset--though try to hide how deep my emotions were running--and stand up to the person, or wish I could. If it was something smaller (like, I don't know, if I disagreed with hairdye or tattoos or being gay or something and witnessed that), I would just shrug it off and say whatever. Live and let live. Other people have different opinions than me and I accept that.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Um, I don't really know what my biggest value is overall or what order my values come in, but I think among my tops are probably... My love and compassion for other people and how much I love helping them, probably, along with my faith (in God mostly, sorry if that offends anyone...) I would say some other strong values in my head and heart, or things that I feel weird about if I cross or if others across, are truth, authenticity, and... Maybe chastity, but I don't think that's as high-ranking as the others XD (I do have a chastity/purity ring that I wear every day and am intending to keep my promise, so...) I don't know when I determined my values, really, suddenly one day I just kind of realized that they were in my heart and what I wanted to believe, it just switched on x'DD A lot of my smaller values will change when I find out something new about what I believe in/don't believe in, but my highest ones (the ones that I listed) cannot change, I just dig my heels in the dirt with them.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I think that my biggest trait that's different from other people's is how much I'm obsessed with helping people and how open-minded I am and how loyal I usually am to my close friends and boyfriend. Sometimes I think I may have too pure of a heart though XD Let's just say this: If I was in the zombie apocalypse and getting chased and had to kill/injure a zombie, I would feel guilty doing so. I'm not even kidding. b) I'm way too obsessed with being perfect and way too hard on myself when I'm not. I've cried over smudged makeup, thinking I was fat (I'm 114-117 pounds depending on what time of day I get weighed, which is healthy considering I'm a dancer with muscle, but I still think I look fat), messing up a step onstage during a dance, etc. before. It gets really tiring to always have to put up this image of perfection that I don't have and when I mess up that image I absolutely hate myself. I also, while I wouldn't change having a depth of emotion, wish I could change what TRIGGERS it because I get SO upset over stupid things all the time, all day every day.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I usually listen to them because when I get them I'm normally right. Normally I have a really good perception on what type of person someone is upon meeting them. And I get them in situations like... One time in dance, for example, we were doing a lift where a girl climbs up a bunch of stairs (prop), holds out her arms to the sides and then falls backwards, and four of us have our arms and hands interlocked and have to catch her. I was one of the catchers and right as she started climbing up the stairs I got a really bad feeling about it, but I couldn't stop the lift because she was already falling, and we weren't positioned right and we caught her back and legs but we didn't have her shoulders very well and she flipped over and landed on her stomach (though she was fine and didn't get hurt, it was really scary and now looking back I think that might've been N in some way or form XD) And usually if I'm talking to a friend, even if they act perfectly normal I sort of just know that they're upset. The hunches and gut feelings on people are usually dead-on and I get them really often, probably at least once or twice a day if not more. The ones like the lift are usually just triggered when something awful goes wrong and I get less often, but still fairly often.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a)Painting (even though I'm not good). Sitting outside by myself when there isn't anyone else around (though I'm nervous someone else will come around and bother me and sever the connection I get with myself when I'm alone--I think best when I'm alone). Dancing makes me happy but it tends to tire me out when I'm in big classes. My yoga class though, is just my best friend and a teacher I see almost as a mentor, and the type of music we play and everything I find really, really energizing. Also, reading a book or just laying in the dark listening to music really loud tends to energize me too. Writing energizes me (November is my favorite month of the year because of NaNoWriMo) and plotting my plot with my boyfriend while he plots his plot (haha, that sounds really, really funny x'DD Plot the plot while the plot the plot! XDDD Also, my boyfriend is an INTP and is a writer as well so he does NaNoWriMo with me). b) Anything to do with people usually tires me out a lot, especially if it's big crowds like parties and stuff... I can't really think of anything else that drains me in specifics though.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I usually act like I'm not into the unusual things that I'm into (Japanese culture and music, art and writing, etc.) or only mention it in passing. I don't mention a lot of the things that run through my head, any of my feelings, or act as hyper and giggly as I actually am because I feel like I'll get judged. I also feel really uncomfortable doing things like wearing the clothes I want to wear or asking to get my hair cut the way I want it cut and I don't really know why.

Does this help you guys any at all?

edit: I also got bored, so I decided to do more Flickr pictures because they're fun x'DD

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/mihaelaivanova/7601970584/
This picture actually took my breath away. I love the way the girl is laying in the flowers. It seems to me almost like she was playing and just fell asleep, or she could be dead (though that's gruesome o__e). I feel like there's a very serene and peaceful quality, almost hopeful, but it also seems very sad, like maybe that hope got crushed. Also, for some reason her curly hair caught my eye--I want to fluff it up XD And I like her plaid shirt. Maybe I should get a plaid shirt.

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/louise-fryer/7598532652/
I like this picture. It makes me think of travelers and makes me want to hop on a bike, ride down an empty highway at night and spend the night at an unoccupied waffle restaurant with my laptop writing something while I eat waffles. But the picture almost feels melancholic, and the bike feels almost abandoned. I feel a lot of deeper things about this one, also, that I'm not quite sure how to put into words.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My initial off-the-cuff analysis stands.. try posting a video, or something of you talking, you can give people some better angles on it.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My initial off-the-cuff analysis stands.. try posting a video, or something of you talking, you can give people some better angles on it.

I tried to upload one but Youtube was being really stupid and so were all the other video uploaders I tried, which is kind of frustrating. I'll try again later and upload it.

Burger King

Well, you can look at the other functions and see how it manifests. For example, INXP types use Si in the tertiary. Examples of it's manifestations here:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...inxps-how-does-your-tertiary-si-manifest.html

From that link, I relate to post #9 the most. Hope this helps, cuz I too lazy to go into detail. Plus the in-depth typology lingo usually confuses newcomers and even oldcomers, so simplicity is best.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=14531]Loki[/MENTION]
Thanks so much for that, that helped a lot! ^_^

I've done some brain picking and talked to ISFPs and INFPs and looked through as much stuff as I can, and I think I'm an INFP. Because every type actually uses all 8 functions, but their type is the 4 they use the most, so I think I just have a well-developed Se and Ni from my lower-half stack or something.
I'm not closing any doors yet, and I'm going to poke around a bit in the INFP and ISFP forums a bit still, but if I had to pick just one to identify as at this EXACT moment I'd say INFP.
And I'm still going to post that video later for extra feedback :p But for now I'll just say I'm an uncertain INFP.