User Tag List

123 Last

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Default Type your employer!

Okay, so, I'm curious about my boss's type. He's around 60, which might change things a little. In any case, he's got quite a few distinctive quirks:

Fairly easy-going, rarely gets upset: for example, I'm perpetually late. I can't help it. Every time I sneak into work, he gives me a glare and says something like, 'Oh, there she is. Just you wait..." and then a moment later is laughing wholeheartedly and waving it off, because "I'm used to it by now. You'd be late to your own funeral, you know!"

Great talker - loves telling you about his experiences and sympathising with what you're going through at the moment. Also very complimentary in general - tends to characterise you with good traits, whether deserved or not ("You're just like her, really hard working!").

An interesting one to try and discuss something with (especially if it's something different to what he's got in mind) - initially he'll put up a fierce, almost angry opposition to what you're saying, (which never fails to make me completely withdraw my suggestion - meep!) and then, moments later, will be all, 'You're right, you're right. I know what you mean. You're not just a pretty face, now are you?' I'm not entirely sure if he's agreeing because he actually does see the wisdom in your idea, or whether it's just something he does. Usually he does seem to consider your advice, though. If it's a longer issue you can usually pull some sort of proper discussion out of him.

His forte is most certainly dealing with customers - he's always talking to them, agreeing with them and telling them that 'Of course, we're getting heaps in next week! See ya later, mate!" However, that causes problems for the staff, because said customer will come back next week and ask us where the aforementioned items are, and there will, in fact, be none coming in at all.

Is generally pretty hopeless behind the counter - always forgets to give out reciepts, gets flustered as soon as something's not how it normally is - struggles to work out how to fix it. (Today he was getting angry at the mouse because it wasn't working properly, and when he complained to me, I had to point out that it was because he was holding it backwards.) Some of this is due to being out of practice (he doesn't work behind the counter a great deal), mind.

Doesn't like being told off in front of the customers. Lol, okay, I probably shouldn't be telling my boss off in the first place, but, well, there you have it. He doesn't mind, and even laughs at his own foibles normally, but around customers he will either respond fiercely in denial, or pretend he's just discovered the reason why it was wrong, which doesn't involve his mistake. "Ohh, I didn't press the wrong button. It just did it automatically! We'd better watch this computer!"

Annoys me a little. Okay, so you might have gathered that thus far. Amuses me a lot, too, but yes, a little annoyance. Every now and again he'll ask me to go help this customer that asked him for help, or grab this out of the cupboard for him. And, well, internally I sort of roll my eyes and go and do it. But he notices! And then later apologises, because "you know I'll dig around there for an hour and you know right where they are." And really, I don't mind. Heck, even if I minded, it's not my place to say anything.

Gives off an air of competence - "Oh, yes, I'll take a look at that later. Don't worry about it. Leave it, leave it." This can be a little overzealous when he interrupts our trying to explain the issue by telling us he'll sort it out once he gets home.

And, yeah. Interesting bloke. Type suggestions?
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

ENFj.

Sounds like a powerful presence; full of confidence with few pretensions.

Dislikes confrontation, yet unafraid to rattle his fist. Charming, yet studious. Sounds reasonably career-oriented, yet unfeathered by financial accountabilities.

Enjoy 'im. My principal is a godless ENTJ.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm going for ESFP. More so Fi than Fe.
    However, an extravert

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

One of my bosses is ISTP and the other one is one unhealthy ENTJ
    The first one is kind of a know-it-all, calm and direct guy, the latter is a paranoid, stressed out madman with a chip on his shoulder for a motherload of reasons and a troubled marriage/drinking problem Luckily enough I don't work directly under him anymore He's insane and really mean at times, though I recognize our likeness in many ways, can't stand him though. I've heard somewhere that two ENTJ's can't be in the same room for very long without a fight, and this is probably true

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    N358

Sounds like an ENFJ to me. Why don't you give him the MBTI test?

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

My first thoughts about him were possibly an ESFP, but I can see where the idea of Fe might be coming from. Why would you guys suggest N over S, though?

And giving him the MBTI test... I dunno, it could be awkward. I'm not sure he'd have a terrible amount of patience with it, but I could be mistaken. Also, I probably should be working instead of trying to type my boss. A spare-time activity only.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    N358

Im betting on ENFJ with early signs of alzheimers. That was just the first thing that has popped into my head. Realistically he could well be an ESFP.

Sounds JUST like a couple of ESFPs I know. I get along great with this type - I'd love to have a boss like that.

Why would you guys suggest N over S, though?
    Wondering the same thing.

MBTI
    INXP

It can be really hard to type bosses. For example I have a boss who appears a classic extravert. Apparently he isn't - he acts it because he thinks it is expected by a man in his senior position. The MBTI testing - and he agreed with the results - caught everyone by surprise.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Few ideas:
    ENTP, ESFP or ENFP...??

ESFP is the most likely option.