Socionics
    ILE

I would agree with the others...either ENFJ or ESFP

My former bosses were both the same type...JERK

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Damn, those JERK bosses can be a pain!

More seriously, what are some good ways to tell between an ENFJ and ESFP?

Preferably things that an employee might be able to pick up. :P
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

They took one of my best friends (ENFP) and made her my supervisor. So far so good.

All the rest above her are SJs. Big surprise.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    ENFP

Too easy... I am my own employer...

MBTI
    xNTP

Is generally pretty hopeless behind the counter - always forgets to give out reciepts, gets flustered as soon as something's not how it normally is - struggles to work out how to fix it. (Today he was getting angry at the mouse because it wasn't working properly, and when he complained to me, I had to point out that it was because he was holding it backwards.) Some of this is due to being out of practice (he doesn't work behind the counter a great deal), mind.

Up to that point in your post I had thought he was an ESFP, however my hunch is he is either an ENFJ or ENFP.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I believe my boss is an ISTP.

Like their fellow SPs, ISTPs are fundamentally Performers (note the capital 'P' :-)), but as Ts their areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic like those of ISFPs, and unlike most ESPs they do not present an impression of constant activity. On the contrary, they lie dormant, saving their energy until a project or an adventure worthy of their time comes along--and then they launch themselves at it. The apparently frenzied state that inevitably ensues is actually much more controlled than it appears--ISTPs always seem to know what they're doing when it comes to physical or mechanical obstacles--but the whole chain of events presents a confusing and paradoxical picture to an outsider.
    This stuff describes him very well, some of that is similar to my personality, but he is good with tools, good with building and fixing things, identifying solutions to certain problems quickly. He also has an explosive temper but comes down as fast as he got worked up. His logic makes sense to him, but none of the rest of us, and he's predictably unpredictable. He likes for solutions to be his idea and not feel like those who work for him are outdoing him, so he'll dismiss an idea one of the GM's gives him, and then later bring it up as if he thought of it and say something like "I can't believe nobody ever thought of this before."

Can be fun to be around, and would probably be a cool hunting/fishing friend, but as a boss, he's a little too volatile and scatterbrained to be effective. His job in the company should really be to design and build new locations and not to have anything to do with personnel, but unfortunately he does, and often makes rash decisions without much to go on.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ

I thought ENFJ because of the same reason as JustDave - the receipt issue. Normally Sensors would have the details straight and they wouldn't get flustered with day-to-day detailed things. A Sensor would probably keep abreast of how to do the little tasks, for fear that they might have to help do them someday (!)

But he could be a Sensor with some poor detailed work skills. I'm thinking either ENFJ or ESFJ. J, because when he's in his element he seems to know what to do - and even if he laughs something off he still notices and judges the situation at that particular moment.
    Your personality type is INFJ.

Introverted (I) 93% Extraverted (E) 7%
    Intuitive (N) 77% Sensing (S) 23%
    Feeling (F) 60% Thinking (T) 40%
    Judging (J) 68% Perceiving (P) 32%

http://www.kisa.ca/personality/

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by comicsgurl View Post
    I thought ENFJ because of the same reason as JustDave - the receipt issue. Normally Sensors would have the details straight and they wouldn't get flustered with day-to-day detailed things. A Sensor would probably keep abreast of how to do the little tasks, for fear that they might have to help do them someday (!)

But he could be a Sensor with some poor detailed work skills. I'm thinking either ENFJ or ESFJ. J, because when he's in his element he seems to know what to do - and even if he laughs something off he still notices and judges the situation at that particular moment.
    The only reason that I think he isn't an ESFJ is if he were then tardiness would anger him. Apparently those Guardians have a punctuality fetish.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    The only reason that I think he isn't an ESFJ is if he were then tardiness would anger him. Apparently those Guardians have a punctuality fetish.
    But he *does* look at her when she's tardy - gives her the evil eye, and such. On the other hand he doesn't follow through with the threat.

Maybe it bugs him but he just doesn't say anything about it - or he's cataloging it for later....
    Your personality type is INFJ.

Introverted (I) 93% Extraverted (E) 7%
    Intuitive (N) 77% Sensing (S) 23%
    Feeling (F) 60% Thinking (T) 40%
    Judging (J) 68% Perceiving (P) 32%

http://www.kisa.ca/personality/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

My boss is an ESTJ.
    I strongly resent how he thinks he can determine what is normal & what is not. Also, I know he's told people behind close doors how he considers himself wise. Which imho is the absolute last thing a truely wise person would do. It's beyond frustrating to practically have my own shadow as a boss.