User Tag List

123 Last

Default Enneagram type 1: INTP or INFP or something else?

Hello people.
    So I've finally figured the enneagram type that best described me and integrated all of the other types I related to as well. But now that I know my enneagram type I'm really curious if that combination is possible for an INTP, and if so it seems it would manifest in different ways than I chose to focus on throughout my life. This makes me question the accuracy of my MBTI type among other things. So I took a step back and assessed myself and looked for patterns in my daily living. Here is the info and could anyone please help me out so I can stfu?

A typical day throughout my life:
    -To live by whichever virtue I'm striving for at the time (always focused around self-discipline except when I'm stressed). Living by virtues aids in my growth and allows me to see things more objectively to understand the world (this could be Fi talking).
    -I never work well with schedules and my most constant fixation is my self-growth and hobbies.
    -Every day is centered around personal perfection and learning, much like the type 5 "a day without learning is like a day without sunshine" mentality. And I don't mean learning about morals. I've never really had any interest in subjects involving people (a very fleeting interest at the least), I have always been more involved in phsyical sciences and understanding the world from that frame of mind.
    -It's hard for me to make judgments or decisions without a sufficient frame of reference or information on the topic and I often feel inferior if my depth of knowledge doesn't equate with another's which causes me to be a recluse, not that I don't enjoy seclusion on it's own.
    -I easily accept others for the way they are and see the good in them, while I have conversely never been satisfied with myself.
    -When I'm with my SO, the person who I feel most comfortable with, I focus on having fun, learning more about almost any topic, obtaining new skills, and exploring new places.
    -I'm not comfortable with most emotions, don't understand them well, and rarely know what emotion I'm feeling specifically unless I have spent a significant time researching it. I like looking at emotions from a physiological perpective because it helps me to be aware of them and deal with them effectively.
    -I analyze everything to death and spend every moment of the day diving in to every topic that catches my interest. I am grateful there is so much detail and relation in the world's makeup (sciences) and even more excited about the possibility of randomness and the discovery of the unknown or misunderstood.
    -I believe animals are equal to humans and that human superiority is an illusion. This topic always invokes a strong emotional reaction in me so much so that I think I'll tear someone's head off if they try arguing . This topic alone is enough to make me question my type as it seems like it could be Fi-Te to me.

Obviously I'm having a hard time discerning whether I use Ti from Fi, so if you could please aid me in this process and give an explanation I would be grateful.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

What is your tritype?
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Seems pretty clearcut INFP to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    -To live by whichever virtue I'm striving for at the time (always focused around self-discipline except when I'm stressed). Living by virtues aids in my growth and allows me to see things more objectively to understand the world (this could be Fi talking).
    Fi

-I never work well with schedules and my most constant fixation is my self-growth and hobbies.
    Perceiver/introvertedness.

-Every day is centered around personal perfection and learning, much like the type 5 "a day without learning is like a day without sunshine" mentality. And I don't mean learning about morals. I've never really had any interest in subjects involving people (a very fleeting interest at the least), I have always been more involved in phsyical sciences and understanding the world from that frame of mind.
    Te inferior

-It's hard for me to make judgments or decisions without a sufficient frame of reference or information on the topic and I often feel inferior if my depth of knowledge doesn't equate with another's which causes me to be a recluse, not that I don't enjoy seclusion on it's own.
    Te inferior

-I easily accept others for the way they are and see the good in them, while I have conversely never been satisfied with myself.
    Fi

-When I'm with my SO, the person who I feel most comfortable with, I focus on having fun, learning more about almost any topic, obtaining new skills, and exploring new places.
    Ne

-I'm not comfortable with most emotions, don't understand them well, and rarely know what emotion I'm feeling specifically unless I have spent a significant time researching it. I like looking at emotions from a physiological perpective because it helps me to be aware of them and deal with them effectively.
    Si

-I analyze everything to death and spend every moment of the day diving in to every topic that catches my interest. I am grateful there is so much detail and relation in the world's makeup (sciences) and even more excited about the possibility of randomness and the discovery of the unknown or misunderstood.
    Ne

-I believe animals are equal to humans and that human superiority is an illusion. This topic always invokes a strong emotional reaction in me so much so that I think I'll tear someone's head off if they try arguing . This topic alone is enough to make me question my type as it seems like it could be Fi-Te to me.
    Fi
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I could see you as INXP. Either makes sense from my point of view. But then again, the difference between Ti and Fi is a little fuzzy to me too. I think people have an immediate impulse to type anything that looks like personal feeling or values with Fi, but I don't think it's that simple. I'll think of some specific questions and get back to you later.

*Also I strongly believe female INTP's often don't look like the stereotype for the type because our brains, gender behavior, and social conditioning is different; and because we are so rare much of the INTP data comes from studies of the clear cut INTP males.

How old are you btw? I totally agree that humans have no superiority to animals, and I think this has nothing to do with Fi considering that this is a fundamental belief among indigenous people (the majority of whom are obviously not Fi dominant). I could see the strong emotional attachment to the belief constituting an Fi value system, but if you are young I could also see it as inferior Fe and not having learned to balance your emotions yet.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    How old are you btw? I totally agree that humans have no superiority to animals, and I think this has nothing to do with Fi considering that this is a fundamental belief among indigenous people (the majority of whom are obviously not Fi dominant). I could see the strong emotional attachment to the belief constituting an Fi value system, but if you are young I could also see it as inferior Fe and not having learned to balance your emotions yet.
    The fact that makes it Fi for her is her emotional response to the idea without her wanting to explain her opinion in great Ti detail.

Both Ti and Fi can have that opinion, but her reaction and position in it is clearcut Fi. Yours, as judged by your post, is considerably more Ti-like on the other hand, going for the framework.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Wow....that all changed. I agree on INFP for the same reasons. Join the club.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    The fact that makes it Fi for her is her emotional response to the idea without her wanting to explain her opinion in great Ti detail.

Both Ti and Fi can have that opinion, but her reaction and position in it is clearcut Fi. Yours, as judged by your post, is considerably more Ti-like on the other hand, going for the framework.
    That makes sense. However, just to play the devil's advocate, here's another question- do you feel the need to explain your ethical/moral beliefs in a logical way? I used to have the same response on the topic of feminism when I was 14 or so because I just couldn't think of how the issue wasn't black and white. Later as I matured and learned about how the world works I saw how almost every situation and issue is a shade of gray and dispensed with a lot of the emotion, and welcomed civil debate on any topic. I always feel the need to explain ethical and moral judgments with logic, which is one reason I think I use Ti rather than Fi. I think I always have; I just haven't always been able to. If you feel your ethics are enough by themselves, you are probably Fi. If you are always trying to incorporate your beliefs and judgments into some logical framework of how the world works, you are probably Ti; and if you want to but haven't figured out how yet, you might be Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    What is your tritype?
    How do you figure out your tritype? I've seen posts, but I don't know how it works.

I'm open to INFP, but I didn't think I fit the typical description. Only after a lot of soul searching did I realize the inconsistencies I listed above which seem very much like Fi if they aren't actually. My SO is an ISFP, and being Fi dominant and Te inferior wouldn't that make us similar? Instead he sees me as too objective and not caring enough about emotions and he's been coaching me for about a year on developing my feelings and learning why I feel certain ways sometimes and that it's okay. I also thought I related to the negative effects of the inferior functions. It's clear that Te comes out when he's upset, normally he's very carefree and not interested in analysis or voicing his thought processes. And I burst emotionally when I'm upset and all reasoning is thrown out the door, which is the side most people I know don't get to see, though if I'm thrown over the edge with stress it can happen without much warning. And as for my age I'm a Chem student recently out of high school, I don't want to list my exact age in case someone says "Hey, I know you!" *shudders* I'd rather people I know not understand the psychology behind me lol. And I did make the mistake of assuming I was high on Ti, or possibly Te, due to me being someone who others go to for tutoring and me always finding school, papers, and exams easy (other than the deadlines), but I suppose any type could be a good learner. I didn't think I used Te because my brother is an INTJ and I can't relate to his thinking at all, but it could be his other functions causing the difference too. And explaining my values, the virtues I spoke of are literal virtues, as in The Seven Virtues in Catholicism. If my lust is interfering with my daily life, then I practice chastity, if it's my laziness, then I practice diligence, and so forth. I don't know where I'd be without it and I haven't been focusing on them lately because I've been too busy to pay attention, but I'll be returning soon. The reason I adopt practices from Catholicism is a long story, the first part being that I was brought up with it, the second part being my experiences, and the third part was exploring and finding what worked for me. And animals are really the only topic that can invoke such an emotional response, most people will see a completely different person if animals are brought up lol. And the reason I didn't bother to explain was because I've been going through the same routine talk almost every freakin' week recently, but at least it's starting to desensitize me. My reasoning involves how we are animals, and that humans only pride themselves on intelligence and morals and most people don't have much of either of those so why do they think they're so great, and also if you have the ability to do things, such as bully a sister or kill other people, does that mean you should do it? Why is it wrong to kill other people, but not animals? I think it's because we see them as different the same way racists see other cultures as too different to relate to. I think it's all a bunch of BS and I don't like it one bit. But you'll never find me so decisive on any other topic but that one. That's probably the most intense Fi trait I've experienced. As for whether the value came first or the reasoning, I can't say, I've been arguing for animals since I can remember, it's like asking which came first the chicken or the egg. For the INTP's out there, that's a rhetorical question in this context, please don't try to solve it lol. So I want to finally clear up why I show Fi sometimes, am I an unhealthy INFP who ignores their Fi and uses Te? Am I an INTP who uses Fi sometimes? Am I neither? Am I confusing Fi and Fe? Am I just plain confused? The world may never know... except for that last question. That one is a yes.

But seriously, if you look back at my posts and see an Fi dominant let me know, I think I may be oblivious to myself.

a very fleeting interest at the least
    I meant at the most... I didn't catch that, sorry lol.