User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 86

  1. #61
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Are you meaning inferior Fe? Because these don't sound like healthy Fe expression.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Are you meaning inferior Fe? Because these don't sound like healthy Fe expression.
    Then that answers the question "what happens to Fe in the type 4 at level 6, 7, 8, or 9." I'm not saying it's inferior. Maybe? But it's definitely dysfunctional.

    As the Four moves to Two, when personality deteriorates, it involves an apparent last-ditch effort to preserve "whatever sanity is left." Certain unhealthy social behaviors, caused by fear of abandonment, lead others to try and avoid the Four, thus inducing greater fear of abandonment and clinginess. But chances are that the Four is not really that bad off, it just appears that way as a conscious or unconscious attention-seeking ploy. While the Four's sanity is not actually at risk at this level of deterioration, the sanity of those around the Four begins to crumble especially with those SO's who don't understand the Four and are desperately trying to help but are in actuality enabling the Four's behavior.

    Do you think "inferior" is just Jung's way of saying "dysfunctional"?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #63
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Then that answers the question "what happens to Fe in the type 4 at level 6, 7, 8, or 9." I'm not saying it's inferior. Maybe? But it's definitely dysfunctional.

    As the Four moves to Two, when personality deteriorates, it involves an apparent last-ditch effort to preserve "whatever sanity is left." Certain unhealthy social behaviors, caused by fear of abandonment, lead others to try and avoid the Four, thus inducing greater fear of abandonment and clinginess. But chances are that the Four is not really that bad off, it just appears that way as a conscious or unconscious attention-seeking ploy. While the Four's sanity is not actually at risk at this level of deterioration, the sanity of those around the Four begins to crumble especially with those SO's who don't understand the Four and are desperately trying to help but are in actuality enabling the Four's behavior.

    Do you think "inferior" is just Jung's way of saying "dysfunctional"?
    I dunno. I'm not really into the Enneagram thing. I'm just trying to connect the two systems. It's something I will probably learn more about.

  4. #64
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Are you meaning inferior Fe? Because these don't sound like healthy Fe expression.
    I just realized I made a typo that makes me sound uneducated, which I just now corrected. Don't you hate when that happens?

  5. #65
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I dunno. I'm not really into the Enneagram thing. I'm just trying to connect the two systems. It's something I will probably learn more about.
    They don't connect well. You're probably not a 4 but a 5w4. Those suffer more severe detachment than 5w6. I know of one INFJ 5w4 on this forum, but that's not very common. I would definitely look into type 5 issues, but only in an effort to find out what to do next. Your life can't wait forever.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #66
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I just realized I made a typo that makes me sound uneducated, which I just now corrected. Don't you hate when that happens?
    I shudder at the thought.

    I edited my response to your post to reflect your correction.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #67
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    They don't connect well. You're probably not a 4 but a 5w4. Those suffer more severe detachment than 5w6. I know of one INFJ 5w4 on this forum, but that's not very common. I would definitely look into type 5 issues, but only in an effort to find out what to do next. Your life can't wait forever.
    Oh my life can wait for centuries. Hahaha. No, you're right.

    I've (tentatively) decided I'm a 5, but types 5 and 6 were tied for the highest count. 4,3, and 7 got the second highest. I could be 6. Or 5 w 6, or 6 w 5.

    But anyway, this thread isn't about me. I'll post on mine when I decide.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Oh my life can wait for centuries. Hahaha. No, you're right.

    I've (tentatively) decided I'm a 5, but types 5 and 6 were tied for the highest count. 4,3, and 7 got the second highest. I could be 6. Or 5 w 6, or 6 w 5.

    But anyway, this thread isn't about me. I'll post on mine when I decide.
    The issues or motives you talk about most often are those of the 5 - detachment, truth-seeking. Perhaps your test is right, affiliating with an external belief system/lifestyle such as Wiccan is more 6-like. I'd look into the 5w6 first.

    Five deteriorates to Seven. This is basically just a certain flightiness in thought-behavior - can't stick to a single subject for long. Six deteriorates to Three, and becomes more narcissistic and ambitious, driven to succeed in an effort to provide more security for self.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #69
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The issues or motives you talk about most often are those of the 5 - detachment, truth-seeking. Perhaps your test is right, affiliating with an external belief system/lifestyle such as Wiccan is more 6-like. I'd look into the 5w6 first.

    Five deteriorates to Seven. This is basically just a certain flightiness in thought-behavior - can't stick to a single subject for long. Six deteriorates to Three, and becomes more narcissistic and ambitious, driven to succeed in an effort to provide more security for self.
    Yeah, more 5 then. I don't really affiliate myself with anything. I make the label my own rather than conform to any group. I want to blend in like a chameleon, but I always do and believe things for my own reasons and in my own ways on the inside.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah, more 5 then. I don't really affiliate myself with anything. I make the label my own rather than conform to any group. I want to blend in like a chameleon, but I always do and believe things for my own reasons and in my own ways on the inside.
    "The traits of the Five and those of the Six-wing combine to produce one of the most 'difficult' of the personality types to contact intimately or to sustain a relationship with." Personality Types.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. What's my Type? INTP, INFP, or Something Else?
    By Dawd in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 06:55 PM
  2. Am I INTP or something else?
    By RaptorWizard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 02:55 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Am I a mis-typed INTP? Perhaps INFP (or something else?)
    By Pride in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM
  4. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 02:50 AM
  5. ENTP or INTP? Or something else?
    By pseudoku in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 09:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO