User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Those descriptions don't take wings into consideration. Level 6 involves feeling exempt, lack of social and professional skills, and constant self-questioning. That's the high side of 6. Most people don't know that each of the levels have 3 sub-levels.
    Ahh so you think I would be a 4w3?

I definitely do a lot of self-questioning.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Sounds like inferior Fe again.
    Jung didn't know about levels of integration/disintegration. What happens to Fe in the type 4 at level 6, 7, 8, or 9?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    I definitely do a lot of self-questioning.
    I don't readily make that call when there is the possibility of even 3 and 5 wings.

I don't readily make that call when there is the possibility of even 3 and 5 wings.
    Oh, I thought you were implying I would be a 4w3 to be so productive at a level 6.

Then they're wrong. Even Jung stated, I believe it was in a youtube interview I saw, that he himself had changed functions over the years.
    And I didn't see this, thanks for that! I'll have to look into it

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Jung didn't know about levels of integration/disintegration. What happens to Fe in the type 4 at level 6, 7, 8, or 9?
    I don't know, because I've only read about this system. What happens?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    Do you find yourself in similar situations?
    I have a similar relationship with emotions. I've learned to pay attention to them more and not just explode in a childish fit of righteous indignation (maybe you don't do that), but if I'm not in touch with my emotions a lot of the time I'll just be aware of the top layer, or I'll just ignore it and hope it goes away. There are many layers to my emotions I have to really look inside and analyze to see. Sometimes it does just go away. I too return to normal quickly if I can distract myself, and get my endorphins going with a piece of chocolate or music or something. For me the first clue I am feeling negative is a physiological feeling in my gut (solar plexus chakra actually) of tightness like a big knot, or hotness in my chest. Or if I am feeling a sad type of emotion feeling hollow in my chest. If I'm stressed my back starts hurting and that's my first clue.

I'm the belligerent type of inferior Fe, so people are usually aware of it if I'm angry, and I do the hypersensitivity in relationships thing- but I could see you channeling all of your feeling into a few areas like the animal rights issue. It seems to me you are Ti dominant and your feeling only comes into play when you are in a conflict situation, and otherwise you repress it.

If you feel the two types both fit you, you could do as I have done and just nurture both sets of strengths and work on both sets of weaknesses based on the techniques for each type. Here are two good links for this:
    http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTP_per.html

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I too felt like a stalker was writing about me when I read this profile about INTP, and it just seems like it wouldn't be that accurate if it isn't my type. Some people beg to differ, but putting that out there. It seems to me that something that makes me feel unoriginal, when I've felt weird all my life, and explaining every aspect of my weirdness, has to be describing me.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't know, because I've only read about this system. What happens?
    I'll look for things that sound Fe specifically:

Level 6: "Because they feel different from others, they feel special and exempt from living as everyone else does, free from any obligation to follow the ordinary conventions of social life."

Level 7: They "have fallen behind others in almost every way -- personally, socially, and professionally -- and they feel acutely ashamed."

Level 8: "They are convinced that they are outcasts in life, sacrificial victims, endlessly suffering for what their parents have done to them and what they have done to themselves. They have contributed nothing, and people would be better off without them."

Level 9: "When they are in despair, having rehearsed suicide so often in their imaginations, they may act without any consideration or warning to others."

That last one is as close to an Fe statement as I can find.