User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Aye, what Mal+ said, I'd like to add that I get the feeling (pure Ne'ing here, nothing you directly said but just the vibe I get with your posts) there are parts of yourself you don't like. Parts that in my opinion aren't dislikable at all.

It might be a good idea to come to terms with who you are before you try to stamp it with a sticker.

Everytype has their advantages and disadvantages, I suppose. But no one type is universally better than the other. The moment you stop worrying about that, is the moment you'll be able to discover your capabilities.
    I understand that, but the things I don't like about myself the most revolve around self-discipline and always had since I was a small child. While my mother was always trying to turn me into someone who would be easily be accepted by society, I was always more concerned with my obsessive behaviors and trying to muffle them to be comfortable with myself. I have a lot of shameful obsessive behaviors and they switch from one thing to another, I can't seem to completely be rid of it, which I think is what makes me act like a Type 1.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    I understand that, but the things I don't like about myself the most revolve around self-discipline and always had since I was a small child. While my mother was always trying to turn me into someone who would be easily be accepted by society, I was always more concerned with my obsessive behaviors and trying to muffle them to be comfortable with myself. I have a lot of shameful obsessive behaviors and they switch from one thing to another, I can't seem to completely be rid of it, which I think is what makes me act like a Type 1.
    That sounds like a 4.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    That sounds like a 4.
    Hmm that makes sense too.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Hmm that makes sense too.
    If you have access to this, check out Riso's Personality Types, type 4 level 6. It sounds like you're trying to climb back up the ladder to higher integration but are stuck at a certain point for now.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That sounds like a 4.
    I should add that it all sounds like a 4, from your OP on down. The struggle to improve takes on a 1-ish quality.

I tried finding it, but this is the best I could do. Is this what you meant?

"Level 6: Gradually think that they are different from others, and feel that they are exempt from living as everyone else does. They become melancholy dreamers, disdainful, decadent, and sensual, living in a fantasy world. Self-pity and envy of others leads to self-indulgence, and to becoming increasingly impractical, unproductive, effete, and precious."

It does fit me in some ways, sometimes I can be self-pitying but it doesn't last too long, and I get very impractical and unproductive in my spare time, but when duty calls I'm always on top of it. My supervisors at work are even considering giving me a higher position. And I'm pretty competitive when it comes to school.

I should add that it all sounds like a 4, from your OP on down. The struggle to improve takes on a 1-ish quality.
    I forgot to quote you. Read my last post lol.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

It's complicated. I'm aware of emotions through my physical reactions, but it takes a backseat in my mind unless I'm particularly stressed. Often people say things like "What's wrong?" or "Are you angry?" to me based on my facial expressions that I'm not aware of. I don't have a lot of control of my facial expressions at least in this point of my life and they tend to have a mind of their own. I realize only after people bring it up in conversation that I actually do feel angry or stressed or sad for some reason, and it usually takes a long time to get to the bottom of it if I ever do at all. Most of the time I return to being content rather quickly so I just forget about it. Just the other day at work the supervisor asked me to move some things into an area, and I said okay, really I was thinking I'm not sure if this will work and they jumped up and shouted "Oh! I saw that face! If they don't all fit put the rest over there" I feel like I can't hide anything from others, even when it's hidden from myself. And I've read a bagillion INFP and INTP profile descriptions and I always feel like I'm reading what a stalker would write about me when it comes to INTP, but I still relate to some INFP aspects which makes me wonder if I'm some kind of underdeveloped INFP since both Fi and Ti use isn't allowed.
    Sounds like inferior Fe again.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I tried finding it, but this is the best I could do. Is this what you meant?

"Level 6: Gradually think that they are different from others, and feel that they are exempt from living as everyone else does. They become melancholy dreamers, disdainful, decadent, and sensual, living in a fantasy world. Self-pity and envy of others leads to self-indulgence, and to becoming increasingly impractical, unproductive, effete, and precious."

It does fit me in some ways, sometimes I can be self-pitying but it doesn't last too long, and I get very impractical and unproductive in my spare time, but when duty calls I'm always on top of it. My supervisors at work are even considering giving me a higher position. And I'm pretty competitive when it comes to school.
    Those descriptions don't take wings into consideration. Level 6 involves feeling exempt, lack of social and professional skills, and constant self-questioning. That's the high side of 6. Most people don't know that each of the levels have 3 sub-levels.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Sounds like inferior Fe again.
    Do you find yourself in similar situations?