MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    What convinced you?
    The question is, what convinces you? Perhaps nothing will. People come here for advice almost as if they are looking for that one certain yet unknown person to provide the answers. Sometimes it's necessary, because it seems not everybody is capable of self-typing.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The question is, what convinces you? Perhaps nothing will. People come here for advice almost as if they are looking for that one certain yet unknown person to provide the answers. Sometimes it's necessary, because it seems not everybody is capable of self-typing.
    I think it's necessary in my case, at least for now when I don't have a good idea of my personality and how it compares with these types. If I just wanted an answer I would have gone with INTP 5w6 like my SO decided. But I'm looking for an explanation for my behavior instead, and he doesn't have the experience or interest this forum has which is why I'm here in the first place. So please help if you can.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think it's necessary in my case, at least for now when I don't have a good idea of my personality and how it compares with these types. If I just wanted an answer I would have gone with INTP 5w6 like my SO decided. But I'm looking for an explanation for my behavior instead, and he doesn't have the experience or interest this forum has which is why I'm here in the first place. So please help if you can.
    Or maybe you're deciding which way to go. The truth happens when you decide, not before.

Or maybe you're deciding which way to go. The truth happens when you decide, not before.
    The truth happens when you decide? I don't know what you mean...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The truth happens when you decide? I don't know what you mean...
    I'm saying that if you're coming out of a period of depression, anxiety, etc., then your personality is too disorganized to type. Making a decision on which type you want to be is one way to get it reorganized, and either rediscover your identity or discover a new one. Personality is not set in stone.

But if I were you I would choose the identity that leads to less pathological resistance and more openness. It takes a long time.

I'm saying that if you're coming out of a period of depression, anxiety, etc., then your personality is too disorganized to type. Making a decision on which type you want to be is one way to get it reorganized, and either rediscover your identity or discover a new one. Personality is not set in stone.

But if I were you I would choose the identity that leads to less pathological resistance and more openness. It takes a long time.
    Personality may not be set in stone, but I thought the functions behind the personality would be if the theory is correct.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Personality may not be set in stone, but I thought the functions behind the personality would be if the theory is correct.
    I don't think Jung said that. In fact, I think he said just the opposite.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Aye, what Mal+ said, I'd like to add that I get the feeling (pure Ne'ing here, nothing you directly said but just the vibe I get with your posts) there are parts of yourself you don't like. Parts that in my opinion aren't dislikable at all.

It might be a good idea to come to terms with who you are before you try to stamp it with a sticker.

Everytype has their advantages and disadvantages, I suppose. But no one type is universally better than the other. The moment you stop worrying about that, is the moment you'll be able to discover your capabilities.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

I don't think Jung said that. In fact, I think he said just the opposite.
    I didn't know that. I haven't read any books or sources from Jung so I wouldn't know. I've just been going off what I google online and most seem to think there is a very rigid order of cognitive functions set for life.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I didn't know that. I haven't read any books or sources from Jung so I wouldn't know. I've just been going off what I google online and most seem to think there is a very rigid order of cognitive functions set for life.
    Then they're wrong. Even Jung stated, I believe it was in a youtube interview I saw, that he himself had changed functions over the years.