User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Am I a 6?

  1. #11
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Wait, why is every 6 trait here (highly!) negative and every 9 trait positive? Smells just a bit fishy to me...
    Exactly!!!! Some writer is bitter towards sixes. It makes sixes look like horrible people... And they wonder why no one wants to be a 6.

    (whoever "they" are who are wondering.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silveresque View Post
    I strongly relate to that even though I'm not a 6, yet I don't relate much to the type 9 video. I actually mistyped as 6 for a short time because of that....
    Really? In a way I've been lucky because my partner and my grandmother, the two people closest to me, are very obvious 9's. So I had so much to compare to IRL that I didn't get caught up in the theory of 6-9 movement. However, I also run so CP 6 that I often look like an 8 (though I knew there was too much else with me that 8 didn't capture). The last year I have struggled more with 6-3 digressions from stress. Some of the key points I think in this video are:
    -Residing in the head and struggling with body presence. (I have yet to meet 9's that identify with this)
    -Moving from phobic to CP (too much agenda for a 9 I would think)
    -6 needs external factors to be smooth sailing.. becomes highly reactive under stress, where as 9 tends to look away, tune out, or rather tune in to the self and ignore external problems to maintain that harmony.

    Again, these difference may be very obvious to me because I struggle more 6-3 than 6-9 growth. I have alot of work to do on finding source of safety internally, but I can imagine the blur of integration.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  3. #13
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Wait, why is every 6 trait here (highly!) negative and every 9 trait positive? Smells just a bit fishy to me...
    This is a problem I have with the enneagram sometimes--a LOT of the literature just feels really negative, or if it's not negative it's unbalanced.
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Really? In a way I've been lucky because my partner and my grandmother, the two people closest to me, are very obvious 9's. So I had so much to compare to IRL that I didn't get caught up in the theory of 6-9 movement. However, I also run so CP 6 that I often look like an 8 (though I knew there was too much else with me that 8 didn't capture). The last year I have struggled more with 6-3 digressions from stress. Some of the key points I think in this video are:
    -Residing in the head and struggling with body presence. (I have yet to meet 9's that identify with this)
    -Moving from phobic to CP (too much agenda for a 9 I would think)
    -6 needs external factors to be smooth sailing.. becomes highly reactive under stress, where as 9 tends to look away, tune out, or rather tune in to the self and ignore external problems to maintain that harmony.

    Again, these difference may be very obvious to me because I struggle more 6-3 than 6-9 growth. I have alot of work to do on finding source of safety internally, but I can imagine the blur of integration.
    What I related to most was the doubt and indecisiveness, and not being able to figure out my type. The type 9 video spends too much time describing how they merge with others and forget their own agenda, which is not something I really relate to.

    -Residing in the head and struggling with body presence. (I have yet to meet 9's that identify with this)
    I can't figure out where I reside. I'm definitely not in my feelings, and I may be too spaced out a lot of the time to be residing in my head, yet I'm clumsy and nonathletic, so I don't feel like I reside in my body either. Where exactly am I then? If I had to go with one, I'd choose head...

    -Moving from phobic to CP (too much agenda for a 9 I would think)
    I don't relate to this. I am a phobic 9.

    -6 needs external factors to be smooth sailing.. becomes highly reactive under stress, where as 9 tends to look away, tune out, or rather tune in to the self and ignore external problems to maintain that harmony.
    I don't know about other 9's, but I need external factors to remain calm and peaceful. When other people try to control my life and force me to be a certain way, it really messes up my inner harmony. I don't necessarily get reactive, but I get very frustrated and anxious. I can tune out some things, but not everything.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Can someone elucidate what phobic/counterphobic means with regard to 9s and 6s?
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Can someone elucidate what phobic/counterphobic means with regard to 9s and 6s?
    Here's a good description I found:

    (Source: International Enneagram)
    There are two versions of Sixes: phobic and counter-phobic. Phobic Sixes are actively fearful, often withdrawing to feel safe, while still remaining vigilant. Counter-phobic Sixes may not be conscious of their fear (although it is still present), and instead automatically move to confront perceived threats or problems, as a way to prove that they are not fearful. In reality, both the phobic and counter-phobic reactions can be seen in most Sixes, although individual Sixes will tend to gravitate toward one end of the phobic versus counter-phobic continuum.

Similar Threads

  1. I am Not, an INTP
    By Anonymous in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 11:42 PM
  2. K, here I am
    By Gen in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 06:01 PM
  3. Who am I?
    By wyrdsister in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
  4. Why I am here
    By HilbertSpace in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 01:18 AM
  5. I am the answer.
    By Rhu in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 10:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO