User Tag List

123 Last

Default Type Silveresque! Ver. 12.0

I swear this is the last one! :P My final type thread, that is. Mainly for confirmation this time, though also out of curiosity I suppose. It's been a while since my last type thread and I've learned a lot about myself since then. I think instead of just listing things about me like I've done in the past, I'm going to try describing myself in paragraph form.

The first thing people notice about me is that I'm very quiet and introverted. I dislike socializing and prefer having as few friends as possible. Maintaining friendships is stressful...too many obligations I don't want to get stuck with, and I'm happier alone. When I'm around people I rarely engage them in conversation, but if they approach me I'll try to be friendly and pleasant (if I can think of anything to say, that is :P). However, I'm distant and don't talk much about myself or how I feel, so I'm hard to get to know.

I'm pretty easy to get along with. I'm careful not to rub anyone the wrong way, though I'm not completely conflict averse. People I interact with tell me they can't see me getting angry or mean. I'm not very assertive and it's hard for me when I have to yell to get someone's attention.

I want things to be comfortable and easy. When life is not that way, I get very stressed out. Work in just about any form is very unpleasant to me. I'm happiest when I'm alone, free to do whatever I want (which almost always involves my computer :P). I can be stubborn when people try to change me, to tell me that I need to be more outgoing or have more hobbies.

I am very disconnected from my feelings. When people ask me how I feel about something, I usually have a hard time answering (my answer is "Uh....I don't know..."). I sometimes have trouble identifying what emotion I'm feeling, and I have an even harder time figuring out the cause. Lately I've been feeling anxious all the time, though I can't figure out why. My anxiety is felt physically, but isn't accompanied by anxious thoughts.

My thoughts generally consist of music playing in my head, daydreaming or inventing stories to entertain myself, occasional commentary or observations, and analyzing or explaining issues. I always think in complete sentences as if I'm talking silently to myself, which I've heard is unusual. However, I often find I'm just spacing out, not really thinking about anything in particular.

I am sometimes intellectual, yet often I'm not particularly interested in such things. I'm most intellectual when I have an issue I'm curious about and want to understand better. When that happens, I google it and can spend hours reading about it and looking for specific information to satisfy my curiosity.

I am prone to overanalyzing things and going back and forth, unable to decide. I worry about getting stuck in a situation where I don't know what exactly I'm supposed to do, and when that happens I may try to ask someone. Sometimes it feels like other people must have something I'm missing, because they always seem to know intuitively what to do even in new situations, so I sometimes get embarrassed when I have to ask.

I try to be objective and logical when interpreting situations. I'm naturally able to see multiple perspectives of a situation, which helps me stay objective...but makes it difficult to form my own judgments. Although I'd rather not judge anyways. I'm sensitive to being judged by others and I hate it, so I won't do that to anyone else.

So...that's all I can think of right now. I may add more later if I remember some important part I left out. Feel free to ask questions!

I wish I could help. I hope someone can give you a good answer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Well, P is clear. I is well-established by you. Your enneatype sounds 9-6-4. What makes you lean F over T? Sounds like you could be INTP just as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Well, P is clear. I is well-established by you. Your enneatype sounds 9-6-4. What makes you lean F over T? Sounds like you could be INTP just as easily.
    Yeah, I've gone back and forth between INFP and INTP lots of times, and I often wonder what an INTP 9w1 would be like. But when it comes down to it, my actions are based on empathy, not systems of logic. What is logical to me is what is in everyone's best interest--the solution that will make everyone happy. And every once in a while I have a major Fi moment that makes INFP pretty clear.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Silveresque View Post
    Yeah, I've gone back and forth between INFP and INTP lots of times, and I often wonder what an INTP 9w1 would be like. But when it comes down to it, my actions are based on empathy, not systems of logic. What is logical to me is what is in everyone's best interest--the solution that will make everyone happy. And every once in a while I have a major Fi moment that makes INFP pretty clear.
    This coming from a 9w1 INFP, I can basically relate to every single thing you've said so far. I had the same problem between INTP and INFP, even in discerning my enneagram type, however I eventually got settled in quite well. That can very much be an Fi trait, and after analyzing it you may find that a big part of the reason why it's there is simply just to keep the peace and avoid conflict. Alot of what you described is more Fi than Ti, and definitely not Fe.

I've heard that it isn't uncommon for this mistype, and seemingly that goes for 9w1 INFP's more so.

I am very disconnected from my feelings. When people ask me how I feel about something, I usually have a hard time answering (my answer is "Uh....I don't know..."). I sometimes have trouble identifying what emotion I'm feeling, and I have an even harder time figuring out the cause. Lately I've been feeling anxious all the time, though I can't figure out why. My anxiety is felt physically, but isn't accompanied by anxious thoughts.
    This here in my own experience was the main problem why I could not identify with my type, stuck between INTP and INFP. Although the generalization about INFP's is that they are naturally intune with their feelings - it does not by all means that they are any good at expressing it, actually they generally can really suck at this and will find that written form is easiest way of communicating their self. Gone off a tangent now back to the main point. I'd say the anxiety and isolation plays the largest part in this picture where you are feeling disconnected from yourself, it's just a natural defence. I found the more comfortable and open I could feel with people the more in touch I had gotten with myself (after I've retreated into my cave of brooding and had my down time, when my energy is drained I usually get cut off from that.) but the stagnant energy and inertia will leave you feeling like you have a kind of deep restlessness you aren't entirely aware of yeah?
    I once spent 6 months in isolation from the outside world.. I'd probably only went out only on several occassion at most, each time resulting in me having an anxiety attack and the occasional throwing up. It got to a point where I wouldn't make phone calls or deal with responsibilities. I'd try and delay things or push it aside if I could. Point being, a rut kind of cuts you off from yourself. Same with being emotionally hurt/ heartbreak. It kind of makes you numb everything out and not always intentionally. It's just a form of defence which kicks in and you can't do much about beyond forcing yourself against comfort to do something.

Cool, looks like I got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    This coming from a 9w1 INFP, I can basically relate to every single thing you've said so far. I had the same problem between INTP and INFP, even in discerning my enneagram type, however I eventually got settled in quite well. That can very much be an Fi trait, and after analyzing it you may find that a big part of the reason why it's there is simply just to keep the peace and avoid conflict. Alot of what you described is more Fi than Ti, and definitely not Fe.

I've heard that it isn't uncommon for this mistype, and seemingly that goes for 9w1 INFP's more so.
    I actually had more trouble figuring out my enneatype than my MBTI type, mainly because I didn't know myself that well. At first I mistyped as 4w5 because I was so interested in finding my identity, and at that point I wasn't even aware that I was so disconnected from my emotions. I've also gone back and forth between 9 and 5 many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    This here in my own experience was the main problem why I could not identify with my type, stuck between INTP and INFP. Although the generalization about INFP's is that they are naturally intune with their feelings - it does not by all means that they are any good at expressing it, actually they generally can really suck at this and will find that written form is easiest way of communicating their self. Gone off a tangent now back to the main point. I'd say the anxiety and isolation plays the largest part in this picture where you are feeling disconnected from yourself, it's just a natural defence. I found the more comfortable and open I could feel with people the more in touch I had gotten with myself (after I've retreated into my cave of brooding and had my down time, when my energy is drained I usually get cut off from that.) but the stagnant energy and inertia will leave you feeling like you have a kind of deep restlessness you aren't entirely aware of yeah?
    I once spent 6 months in isolation from the outside world.. I'd probably only went out only on several occassion at most, each time resulting in me having an anxiety attack and the occasional throwing up. It got to a point where I wouldn't make phone calls or deal with responsibilities. I'd try and delay things or push it aside if I could. Point being, a rut kind of cuts you off from yourself. Same with being emotionally hurt/ heartbreak. It kind of makes you numb everything out and not always intentionally. It's just a form of defence which kicks in and you can't do much about beyond forcing yourself against comfort to do something.
    I'm kind of stuck in a rut right now, but living with my parents, I don't really have the freedom to do anything about that. Hopefully things will get better in august when I move into my apartment to start my next year of college.

Anyways, thanks for the detailed response!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Silveresque View Post
    Cool, looks like I got it right.

I actually had more trouble figuring out my enneatype than my MBTI type, mainly because I didn't know myself that well. At first I mistyped as 4w5 because I was so interested in finding my identity, and at that point I wasn't even aware that I was so disconnected from my emotions. I've also gone back and forth between 9 and 5 many times.

I'm kind of stuck in a rut right now, but living with my parents, I don't really have the freedom to do anything about that. Hopefully things will get better in august when I move into my apartment to start my next year of college.

Anyways, thanks for the detailed response!
    I had just as much trouble with both, and man with the mistyping as 4w5, that was a big thing I did to begin with as well. Sometimes I kind of reconsider it because of all the generalisations about type 9. I still get mixed up on occasion but im pretty confident now, I think it's a symptom of being young in the end.
    Ah I see, well I hope it gets better for you once you move out. You'll miss home at first but it's definately going to be an exciting time.

Glad to be of assistance!

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Enneagram wise, either 6w5 or 5w6; most of what you posted seems to indicate 5, but you've also made a dozen threads searching for feedback concerning your type. Generally, if a person is that insecure about their type that they need to make a multitude of threads for advice, then ehy're probably a six. sp/so or sp/sx should be right; sp first I'm certain of.

JCF, I don't think an INFP would ever say something akin to this:

I am very disconnected from my feelings. When people ask me how I feel about something, I usually have a hard time answering (my answer is "Uh....I don't know..."). I sometimes have trouble identifying what emotion I'm feeling, and I have an even harder time figuring out the cause.
    Perhaps Fi is not your dominant function, but rather tertiary? ISTJ maybe?

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    JCF, I don't think an INFP would ever say something akin to this:
    "I am very disconnected from my feelings. When people ask me how I feel about something, I usually have a hard time answering (my answer is "Uh....I don't know..."). I sometimes have trouble identifying what emotion I'm feeling, and I have an even harder time figuring out the cause."
    Disagree, I am strongly Fi and I often have a hard time identifying my emotions, because they tend to be complex. I also have what might be considered a very fraught relationship with my emotions, as the understated ones are easily ignored in favor of other options/opportunities to use another function, especially now that I am starting to develop Si/Te. When I do have strong emotions, they're strong enough to even override my Fi values.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Enneagram wise, either 6w5 or 5w6; most of what you posted seems to indicate 5, but you've also made a dozen threads searching for feedback concerning your type. Generally, if a person is that insecure about their type that they need to make a multitude of threads for advice, then ehy're probably a six. sp/so or sp/sx should be right; sp first I'm certain of.
    I do sometimes feel like I'm more 6ish than 9ish...I'm nice but I don't have trouble saying 'no'. I'm not exactly calm and relaxed like nines are supposed to be, then again I'm disintegrating majorly. I'm also not as trusting as I thought....Then again, I've taken many enneagram tests and have never gotten 6 as the result--not even in the in the top two.