• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Silveresque! Ver. 12.0

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well then, this all basically narrows it down to the type 6 and type 9 self pres. I'm sticking with type 9. You don't seem like you take on type 3 tendancies in stress.

Both. I don't notice things that are right in front of my face. Like that signpost I walked into. Or that one time when I went into work, sat down, and didn't even notice that all the tables (including the one I sat at) had be reorganized. This is also why I'm bad at driving. It's not that I don't try to pay attention, my brain just isn't set up for that level of focus, so I often miss things like road signs. I actually wonder if this could have to do with being extremely introverted.

Ha, happens all the time to me. The symptom of being stuck in your head too much really I'd say. Type 9 do have a curiosity to learn as well when its relating to them, I don't see why some descriptions say they don't care and just want to sweep everything under the rug.

Well in this case, I had good reason not to tell her. If I told her that I'd used up that money already, she'd ask me what I spent it on, which I really didn't want to say. Backing out of trying to get her send money was the most logical course of action.

Ah ha! I see what you mean. And you don't necessarily want to waste energy coming up with a lie.

Nope, never felt connect to people, life, anything.

Well, I guess this correlates to the more healthy and active levels, where you're interacting more with the world around you.

Silveresque

Well then, this all basically narrows it down to the type 6 and type 9 self pres. I'm sticking with type 9. You don't seem like you take on type 3 tendancies in stress.

I don't act arrogant, but I do sometimes get ambitious and feel like I have to be the best. I get competitive and compare myself to others, and I sometimes take on too much. I do this thinking that I would feel more secure if I'm on top, though while it does bring some degree of confidence and security, it also brings a lot more insecurity and pressure that I put on myself. I can't tell if this is nine's security point or six's disintegration point though.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't act arrogant, but I do sometimes get ambitious and feel like I have to be the best. I get competitive and compare myself to others, and I sometimes take on too much. I do this thinking that I would feel more secure if I'm on top, though while it does bring some degree of confidence and security, it also brings a lot more insecurity and pressure that I put on myself. I can't tell if this is nine's security point or six's disintegration point though.

To my understanding, that actually is alot more like a six's disintegration point

Burger King

How does your mind work? Is your mind hectic?

A 6's mind sees all sorts of possibilities and scenarios, but this same strength becomes a weakness as it starts running laps around itself. Type 9 on the other hand has issues with anger primarily, not so much with reactivity or anxiety.

Silveresque

How does your mind work? Is your mind hectic?

A 6's mind sees all sorts of possibilities and scenarios, but this same strength becomes a weakness as it starts running laps around itself. Type 9 on the other hand has issues with anger primarily, not so much with reactivity or anxiety.

I don't know. :( Sometimes I'm too disengaged to pay attention to different possibilities and scenarios, but (maybe more often than not) I'm thinking about what's problematic in my life at the time. I don't tend to think too much about "what if's"--I tend to think more about "what is"....Or maybe not....I don't know. :( (was that a "what if" just now?) Anyways...I suppose my mind is hectic when problem-solving...like trying to figure out my enneagram type. I can't seem to decide what I relate to more--sometimes I can't even decide whether I strongly relate or don't relate at all, so I tend to go in circles. Part of me thinks I don't have enough life experience to type myself at this point, so I should just forget about it for now. But I really can't just let go...I need to figure this out because it's bothering me.

Burger King

I don't know. :( Sometimes I'm too disengaged to pay attention to different possibilities and scenarios, but (maybe more often than not) I'm thinking about what's problematic in my life at the time. I don't tend to think too much about "what if's"--I tend to think more about "what is"....Or maybe not....I don't know. :( (was that a "what if" just now?) Anyways...I suppose my mind is hectic when problem-solving...like trying to figure out my enneagram type. I can't seem to decide what I relate to more--sometimes I can't even decide whether I strongly relate or don't relate at all, so I tend to go in circles. Part of me thinks I don't have enough life experience to type myself at this point, so I should just forget about it for now. But I really can't just let go...I need to figure this out because it's bothering me.

Sounds like 6, leaning towards the phobic side for the most part. Post #22 sounds kind of counter-phobic though. Hard to tell seeing as you have 9 and 6 so close to each other. The two types have such a strong connection to one another that having it as part of your tritype makes it more blurry. From what I've read, having a 9 and 6 in the tritype makes you lean more to the phobic side so it makes sense.

Anyways, don't sweat it if you can't figure it out.

Silveresque

Sounds like 6, leaning towards the phobic side for the most part. Post #22 sounds kind of counter-phobic though. Hard to tell seeing as you have 9 and 6 so close to each other. The two types have such a strong connection to one another that having it as part of your tritype makes it more blurry. From what I've read, having a 9 and 6 in the tritype makes you lean more to the phobic side so it makes sense.

Anyways, don't sweat it if you can't figure it out.

Okay, so maybe I am a 6....Something else I just realized (that may be relevant to my type) is that although I'm not particularly suspicious or distrusting, I'm very guarded and careful about what I say, because I feel like nobody's ever really on my side. Like if I say the wrong thing, people aren't going to like me anymore.

Now I'm going to do something that's very hard for me to do....I'm going to make a decision when I'm not 100% certain. :p I'm going to try out type 6. Something Huxley said in another thread made a lot of sense to me:
I had the same typing problem as many of the non SJ posters here do. The commonly established e6 manifestations (are they even common?) are more often than not, not the ways it works for me. But the motivation and fear is there, with traces of e3 motivations and fears as well. I now have a whole new appreciation for the subtleties of fixation, and (for me) the 6's fixation was not very obvious because much like ones dominant cognitive function I kept looking for it through the filter, not realizing it IS the filter. Moving outside of that is incredibly difficult, requires tremendous self awareness and the ability to, with clarity, set some type of external reference to compare to.

I think the whole way I've been going about trying to find my type may be the 'filter' I've been looking for. The constant doubting and going back and forth, never quite feeling like I have enough information to make an accurate decision, may be the evidence I've been looking for to type myself. Then again, I've come to this exact same conclusion once before and didn't stay with type 6 for long because the descriptions didn't fit well enough so it felt like too much of a stretch....Maybe the problem is that enneagram types aren't exactly personality types. If I go with the one that sounds most like my personality, it would be 5, yet I can't be a 5 because the fixation doesn't fit.

Anyways, I've decided I'm probably a head type, and I don't think I've ever really been particularly placid and calm like a 9. The wings for 6 also fit A LOT better (though the wing descriptions don't fit me at all).

Does anyone have any idea what my wing might be? 6w7 sounds too extraverted and people-focused, and 6w5 sounds too misanthropic. I want life to be comfortable, easy, and pleasant, and fear being trapped and in pain, which could be the 7 wing. But I'm also extremely introverted and prefer being alone 100% of the time, which could indicate w5...

Silveresque

Now after reading about it some more I'm not sure if either type (6 or 9) fits me. The only type that consistently fits and actually sounds like me when I read the descriptions is 5, but I thought I couldn't be a 5 because I'm not that interested in learning random facts and information. :unsure:

I'm not reactive, suspicious, and security-oriented enough to be a 6.
I'm not a doormat and I don't merge with people, forget my own agenda, and ignore my problems like a 9.
And I'm not interested enough in acquiring random knowledge that I don't need to be a 5.

I have now eliminated all possible types...

*Now patiently waits for someone to respond saying "no wait, you could still be this type due to (insert loophole here)*

Silveresque

Never mind, I think I've figured it out. I'm a 9, but I'm so extremely introverted that I seem to be a head type, which neutralizes most of the merging and connecting aspects normally associated with type 9. It's the only thing I can think of that makes any sense.