User Tag List

Thread: What am I?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default What am I?

So I have an issue - I labelled myself as an INFJ based on the last test I took a couple of weeks ago. While I was in college (a good several years ago)- when I took a test, I was an INTJ. However, when I was looking around today for anyone who had the INTJ/INFJ issue, I found that some people have issues with tests and it's better off reading the descripts and figuring out who you are (look below):

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    Please don't trust the tests--even the official one claims to be correct only 70% of the time. Going by cognitive functions is, in my opinion, the only way to get it right.

Can I ask how old you are?

The main difference between INFJs and INTJs is that INFJs (usually) make decisions/see the world through values and the human element more than they do looking at things more impersonally. INTJs are the opposite. One thing I have to add, though, is that being an INFJ doesn't mean you can't see things impersonally or have a strong tendency toward logic (after all, we do have NiTi); it's about what your primary focus is.

As for the different cognitive functions, try this website: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/
    I did that. So far, based on these cognitive functions, I can say that I relate to the Introverted intuition, Introverted thinking, Extraverted feeling, but I can't seem to figure out the sensing part . Can anyone help me by giving me a personal sense of the sensing type?

Thanks a lot!

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Based on the fact that you relate to Ni, Ti, and Fe, you're most likely an INFJ, which would mean you have Extraverted Sensing as your last function. It's likely you won't have a very good grasp on it at all.

Here's a description of Se.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

INFJs and INTJs under the rules of the book use Se or sensing last, although I am not a Jungian Functions fundamentalist. If you are one though your functions correlate better with INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thanks a lot guys, it makes sense...@RaptorWizard, is there another system you go with? I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixia View Post
    Thanks a lot guys, it makes sense...@RaptorWizard, is there another system you go with? I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.
    I go with a tritype theory which can be found on this thread:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-theory-4.html