I have four sisters, two of whom I've figured out (ESFP & INTJ). The other two I'm not sure of - one I think I've figured out the dictomies for but the description of the type doesn't seem to fit. The other is someone who I would say may have some kind of mental health issue, but never seems to find a diagnosis. She's really weird, but perhaps I could understand her better through MBTI?
- age 37
- definately an I (more introverted than I am)
- definately an S - practical, has s-type interests - cooking, decorating, gardening, etc. never heard her say one theoretical, philosophical thing in her life
- is an extreme ice-princess, can be very cold and dismissive of other's concerns, is not sentimental, doesn't care about tradition, holidays, etc. things a lot of it is stupid, atheist
- is very matter of fact about things yet she's quite creative
- is fun once she opens up, likes to party and (drink)
- works as a manager of women's clothing store, has always been a bit cutting edge - latest haircut, etc. Quite dolled-up.
- we get along fabulously, we have a lot in common though I'm a lot more sensitive, etc.
- age 41
- was very outgoing as a child and teen, now has become very reclusive and secretive
- has poor social skills and they are getting worse with age. If she's at a family gathering, if what the rest of us aren't talking directly to her or about a subject she finds interesting, she will go off on her own, maybe even to bed
- when we get on a subject she likes or she's just in the right mood, she will talk your ear off and you can't get a word in edgewise
- can not 'read' people at all. She talks a lot about inane stuff like celebrities and what she's read about in the Enquirer and when my eyes glaze over she doesn't notice
- lost more than one job because of personal boundary issues. Was a receptionist at a high-end salon and was fired after she asked a client about her plastic surgery
- she gets herself into situations that just wouldn't happen to people who had common sense. She accepted a ride from a stranger and almost got raped, etc.
- is good with animals - they love her, she loves them
- befriends the strangest people - homeless people, etc. and invites them to our family parties!
- has never been married though she would have liked to, most men I know find her scary. She's really still very 'hot' for her age and has one night stands with 20-somethings.
- has never gotten anywhere in her career - works in a minimum wage job
- has no S-type interests like Sis #1 and me, yet I don't see any N-interests either. She's not practical at all, but not theoretical/philosophical either! Went to school and got a degree in Media Writing and sold a couple of articles to Soap Opera Digest. Also used to take photographs at media events for local publications, but this career never really took off.
- she moved back and forth from her hometown to LA and dated a few famous rock stars. I think she believed that she would marry one of them.
- in and out of rehab for Vicodin addiction. Clean for about 4 years.
- we are like oil and water - don't get along at all!
- my parents have described us as polar opposites but I don't think that's true MBTI-wise.
- I had thought perhaps that she was an unhealthy ESFP, but they are supposed to have great people skills and that's the thing she's lacking in the most (and always has).