User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Help typing me?

Question Help typing me?

So I've just started looking at enneagrams and I relate to all of them, as I think most people would, but I'm not sure how exactly you're supposed to find your dominant type and wing so I thought I'd ask you knowledgeable folks. I've received close, yet consistent results through quizzes, but I think my relation to the other types should be explained through my dominant type, right? Which makes me think I'm missing something. Or maybe it is explained and I just didn't get enough information on it. Or are personal experiences enough to make you differ from the typical enneagram types? And if it helps at all I'm an INTP that has some INFP traits (or maybe I'm an INFP if that's not allowed). I fit all of the typical descriptions of INTP and have never recieved an INFP result through any online quiz, but I am aware of my emotional sensitivity, able to see good in all things, have high standards for myself, and would like to impact the world, as small as the impact may be (I'd like to teach and share knowledge with future generations). I'm hoping my enneagram type can explain my behavior, or my overlap with my MBTI type. This is how I relate to the types:
    The Reformer because Ones have a “sense of mission” that leads them to want to improve the world in various ways, using whatever degree of influence they have... they try to maintain high standards.

The Helper because people of this type are either the most genuinely helpful to other people... they have unconditional love for others.

Threes... enjoy motivating others to greater personal achievements than others thought they were capable of.

Fours... Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living.

Fives... Want to possess knowledge, to understand the environment, to have everything figured out as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment...Excited by knowledge...relentless pursuit of knowledge... deep insecurities about their ability to function successfully in the world (my insecurities are lessening though as I'm focusing on my abilities and seeking mastery rather than general and sparse data).

Sixes... Want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them, to fight against anxiety and insecurity... foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while complaining about it. They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion.

Sevens...optimistic, versatile, playful, high-spirited...enthusiastic about almost everything that catches their attention... they approach life with curiosity, optimism, and a sense of adventure, like “kids in a candy store” who look at the world in wide-eyed.

Eights typically have problems with their tempers...Eights enjoy taking on challenges themselves as well as giving others opportunities that challenge them to exceed themselves in some way...eights do not want to be controlled or to allow others to have power over them.

Nines... work to maintain their peace of mind just as they work to establish peace and harmony in their world.
    My basic drives: to learn, to have enough time away from others, to be safe and live comfortably, to not have to rely on others, to contribute to humanity in some way.

My basic hurdles: fear of the unknown, worrying too much, finding enough alone time, having to ask others for help, controlling my anger (I don't get angry often but when I do it's like the NES game Rampage).

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

I don't think some of your drives are purely enneagram traits, but just traits in general. If you're sure you're an introverted judger (IP) I would rule out 7,3,1 and 8. Your fears seem 6ish but the first one is kinda universal. Any more info?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

5w6 sp/so

Your basic fear stems from a lack of security in a dangerous world, and your primary means of combating it are the accumulation of knowledge and distance away from others. There's also plenty of six-ish focus in there as well. Wanted to life safely and help the world in some way seem fairly indicative of sp/so (I don't see anything in particular that would indicate sx).

I would alternatively consider 6w5 as well.

Any more info?
    What kind of info are you looking for? I'm can also be very loud, outgoing and enthusiastic, I enjoy laughing and attempting to make others laugh lol. But all of this drains me so many people get confused when they find me fun and engaging one day and quiet and polite the next. Not sure if that's compatible with a 5w6 or 6w5 enneagram type or my MBTI, but I'm assuming they're only guidelines.

Your basic fear stems from a lack of security in a dangerous world, and your primary means of combating it are the accumulation of knowledge and distance away from others. There's also plenty of six-ish focus in there as well. Wanted to life safely and help the world in some way seem fairly indicative of sp/so (I don't see anything in particular that would indicate sx).
    And thanks for this, Savage Idealist . The order of my test results has been 5w6 followed by 6w5. Not sure exactly which one I relate to most, my SO thinks I come off more as a 5w6 based on descriptions we read online. Is there plenty of room for periods of goofiness and enthusiasm for that type? Or is it a given that all types can be like that?

MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    What kind of info are you looking for? I'm can also be very loud, outgoing and enthusiastic, I enjoy laughing and attempting to make others laugh lol. But all of this drains me so many people get confused when they find me fun and engaging one day and quiet and polite the next. Not sure if that's compatible with a 5w6 or 6w5 enneagram type or my MBTI, but I'm assuming they're only guidelines.
    Definitely 6 or w6 then. My hunch is 6w5 more than 5w6 though.

Are you referring to this?

Because of this reactivity, no matter what we say about Sixes, the opposite is often also as true. They are both strong and weak, fearful and courageous, trusting and distrusting, defenders and provokers, sweet and sour, aggressive and passive, bullies and weaklings, on the defensive and on the offensive, thinkers and doers, group people and soloists, believers and doubters, cooperative and obstructionistic, tender and mean, generous and petty—and on and on. It is the contradictory picture that is the characteristic “fingerprint” of Sixes, the fact that they are a bundle of opposites.
    Yeah... that sounds A LOT like me :O. No wonder I've been having problems with my MBTI type lol.

MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Now being an enneagram 6, that narrows it down to...

INFJ
    INFP
    INTP
    INTJ
    ESTP
    ESTJ
    ESFJ
    ESFP
    ISFJ
    ISTJ
    ISTP
    ISFP
    ENTJ
    ENFP
    ENTP
    ENFJ

Lol great... xD We're making progress!

Actually, now I'm confused between 6w5 or 6w7, I seem to go both ways. Is that normal?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Do you feel anxious all the time? If so, when you feel anxious, what do you tend to do - make friends, or collect information?