• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thoughts on my type version 2.0

What's my type?

• INTP

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • INFP

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • other, or outside the box

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
That quote makes no sense and seems rather defensive given the context.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm beginning to think INFP too, now. You need to know yourself well before typing, best advice I've taken.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You misuse logic horribly. It's genuinely painful to read.

Do you have OCD? You mentioned being obsessed with this stuff (which doesn't seem like an exaggeration). Sometimes you come across a bit manic. If you have any kind of mental disorder, type becomes irrelevant, and can even be unhelpful.

Greenfairy's weirdness in my opinion comes from being Ni dominant and the OCD tendencies are common for INTJs and also INTJ has Fi which greenfariy seems to use a lot so I say that or INFP. The big question should be where greenafiry's Te falls.

Though of course for at least for some people cognitive functions may not be quite as reliable of a theory if they are too well developed in multiple areas so idk.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could be. Her posts generate the same kind of :wtf: response that I often experience with INTJs.
I don't see Ne either. She takes it all so seriously, and literally.
I think as someone else has said, she has ranked the functions according to which ones she "likes" and that has informed her choice of self-type. It's kinda useless to take tests after you have a little theoretical knowledge. It inevitably corrupts the result. I guess the fact that she first tested INTJ (before having any exposure to the theory) is telling too.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Being "obsessed" with this issue (her words) plus concentrating so much on functions seems to have led to the inability to see the forest for the trees.

In addition to what seems like a complete dislike for being typed a F. Which, no doubt, would cause extreme problems, possibly manifesting just like this, if one IS an F.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That would lead me to believe INTP is less likely. Ti is also tertiary for INFJs.

I voted INFP though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I say infp too. I think she reacts more emotionally than an intj would.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't read this thread, and have just skimmed over the final couple of pages of this. So, can only really comment on some things other people have said, but am not in a position to actually 'type' the OP.

Also, you seem to have a very strange (read: IMO inaccurate and biased) perception of F-ness. For one thing, a "Feeling" preference doesn't automatically make one illogical/irrational/easily swayed by emotions. That's F-stereotyping for you.

Well, true. I think INFJ makes the most sense for me in the end, as far as me being one specific type. But, those who know me irl would not cite me as irrational, illogical, or easily swayed by emotions. Some of my strengths are actually my analytical abilities and my ability to remain calm/'detached' in more heightened emotional situations. In my personal life, I've even had a couple of T's get really amped up and bothered about my not being emotional when they were upset about something.

It's kinda useless to take tests after you have a little theoretical knowledge. It inevitably corrupts the result.

Yeah, I would agree.

I guess the fact that she first tested INTJ (before having any exposure to the theory) is telling too.

I tested as INTJ before being exposed to the theory; however, I also believe myself to be an enneagram 5w4 sp (definitely sp-dom), both of which impact test results when it comes to T/F type questions and self-evaluation.

So... bottom line is I think there are many things beyond mbti theory that will influence how one answers questions and perceives self (heck, I don't even take mbti theory very seriously these days)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tested as INTJ before being exposed to the theory; however, I also believe myself to be an enneagram 5w4 sp (definitely sp-dom), both of which impact test results when it comes to T/F type questions and self-evaluation.

So... bottom line is I think there are many things beyond mbti theory that will influence how one answers questions and perceives self (heck, I don't even take mbti theory very seriously these days)

Greenfairy identifies as INTP 5w4 sx/sp so the whole 5 thing if she is one could like you said give the illusion of T though I still think she is more likely a T largely since I like her more than most other F types.

Burger King

INFJ, perhaps going through some sort of Fe repression -----> aka Ni+Ti loop

I can usually tell an Fi-dom. Most of what she wrote made no sense to me. Her writing style reminds me of some of the INFJs on this forum.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ, perhaps going through some sort of Fe repression -----> aka Ni+Ti loop

I can usually tell an Fi-dom. Most of what she wrote made no sense to me. Her writing style reminds me of some of the INFJs on this forum.

I was thinking more of an NiFi loop since the reactions are largely a good mixture of intense Ni madness combined with strong Fi value judgements and feelings.

edit - I will still consider the NiTi loop theory but the loops could also be reversed so she is either INTJ, INFJ, ISFP, or ISTP!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh... well... that's convincing!! :laugh:

Ya I know my poor reasoning that greenfairy cannot be a certain letter because I don't like it is such a stupid stereotypical statement that you must be laughing at me!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're going to hate to hear this, but I'll say it anyway.

I've read through this thread (yes, the entire thing) and am pretty much convinced you're NOT an INTP. I'm having a very hard time believing you are a Ti-dominant... despite how well you think le INTP descriptions fit you. I'm not saying that you aren't the things the INTP descriptions make you out to be (i.e. a rational person), but IMO comparing oneself to generalized descriptions on the interwebs to see if any of them "fit" isn't the best way to go about typing yourself.

Also, you seem to have a very strange (read: IMO inaccurate and biased) perception of F-ness. For one thing, a "Feeling" preference doesn't automatically make one illogical/irrational/easily swayed by emotions. That's F-stereotyping for you. Additionally, I'm guessing that you don't understand the cognitive functions very well. You may have a surface-level understanding of them, but not an in-depth one, IMO.

FYI, my guess on your type would be INFP. I think I see Fi and Te in you.

I don't mean to offend you at all with this post, and would be interested in talking this out w/you--that is, if you're interested.

Yes, sure. I guess the problem is that I don't understand the feeling preference, as most of what I've read on the subject doesn't seem to apply to me.

And thanks for reading the thread!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why does it seem to bother you so much for anyone to think you may be a F?

This isn't an accusation, btw, but an attempt at an answer in order to get more data. When someone says any type with the letter F in it, what's your first thought regarding why it bothers you? Please be honest.

I'll get back to you on this. Good question.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Do you have OCD? You mentioned being obsessed with this stuff (which doesn't seem like an exaggeration). Sometimes you come across a bit manic. If you have any kind of mental disorder, type becomes irrelevant, and can even be unhelpful.

I don't show the usual signs of OCD...I don't know. I prefer to not think of myself as having a mental disorder. It seems limiting. But some people have thought I was somewhat autistic.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And another great example of not being a t type. This seems to be coming quite the pattern.

I was saying this with a smart ass attitude for humor, which isn't well conveyed online. Probably still F, but thought I'd mention it in case people thought I was getting all emo about it.