Multiple Choice Poll.
First 789101119 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    I was just making a point that NFs can have NSA sex, one night stands, and FWB-style relationships.
    My fwb is an INFP. :P I know for him though that his emotions are involved in a different way than mine are. I'm wondering about the fine points of the differences in the temperaments.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    My fwb is an INFP. :P I know for him though that his emotions are involved in a different way than mine are. I'm wondering about the fine points of the differences in the temperaments.
    You mean "functions," correct? Because they (INFP and INFJ) share the Idealist temperament style.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Hmmm... can you elaborate on this any further?
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The word "spiritual" really stands out here.

Which of these seven Jungian archetypes do you identify with most?

The hero: Rescuer, champion
    The maiden: Purity, desire
    The wise old man: Knowledge, guidance
    The magician: Mysterious, powerful
    The earth mother: Nature
    The witch or sorceress: Dangerous
    The trickster: Deceiving, hidden

http://changingminds.org/explanation...archetypes.htm
    Hm, there aren't any further descriptions. As it is I can see myself in several.
    Well, I can't find any more info from google searches.

Ok, all of them. Probably none more than the others.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

You mean "functions," correct? Because they (INFP and INFJ) share the Idealist temperament style.
    No I mean between NT and NF, or between INTP and INFP. Everything you read speaks in generalities, and there are so many. The generality that stands out to me is that NF's tend to be more emotionally involved or attached in the sexual area, or at least are more demonstrative. That's why I say the fine points, because it is all so general, this or that.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Hm, there aren't any further descriptions. As it is I can see myself in several.
    Well, I can't find any more info from google searches.

Ok, all of them. Probably none more than the others.
    Complexity is an INFJ trait. However, you did say you were a "witch" in a post a few pages back.

What am I dealing with here? A complex person suffering from self over-analysis, who lets the truth out (Truth is the goal here) and then denies it. And who is apparently chasing an ideal (as an Idealist should) that is a different type.

But if you read about Keirsey's Idealist type, you will find that is a trait of the Idealist. Not to pursue another type per se, but an ideal which, if attained, is no longer an ideal because it has been attained, when the asymptote has reached its goal at infinity.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

No I mean between NT and NF, or between INTP and INFP. Everything you read speaks in generalities, and there are so many. The generality that stands out to me is that NF's tend to be more emotionally involved or attached in the sexual area, or at least are more demonstrative. That's why I say the fine points, because it is all so general, this or that.
    None of that is relevant. To avoid becoming swamped in data you're looking at just one area. The Truth is your ideal which, once attained, is no longer an ideal. So find a way to declare that it's not the Truth. Sticking to your guns is an INFJ trait because you trust your intuitions more than anything. But intuitions are not a guide to Truth, at least not objectively.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Complexity is an INFJ trait. However, you did say you were a "witch" in a post a few pages back.

What am I dealing with here? A complex person suffering from self over-analysis, who lets the truth out (Truth is the goal here) and then denies it. And who is apparently chasing an ideal (as an Idealist should) that is a different type.

But if you read about Keirsey's Idealist type, you will find that is a trait of the Idealist. Not to pursue another type per se, but an ideal which, if attained, is no longer an ideal because it has been attained, when the asymptote has reached its goal at infinity.
    Or one could say that the ideal is not the goal, but constantly pursuing the goal is the goal.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    Hmmm... can you elaborate on this any further?
    Hey I just noticed we're from the same state! Anyway.

Weeellll, if you want to know the full story:
    We started out as friends and quickly realized our attraction for each other. We acted like a couple for about a month (although we were just friends with benefits, and that was fine with me), then kind of became more casual. My emotional involvement is just as us being good friends. If I have sex with someone I become close to them like we're in the same tribe and I am am now loyal to them, and concerned for his/her well being. Not like I have any commitment or possessive obligation, but loyalty as in I will defend him if he is threatened and support him as long as he supports me. This is I think because we have shared energy. Recently he started avoiding sleeping with me, and I was trying to get him to tell me why. I finally pinned him down and told him I thought I deserved an explanation and that not answering my questions looked like a lack of respect to me, and that he would lose me as a friend if he didn't. He told me he had sex with his ex and now he felt emotionally confused, and that to have sex with both of us felt somehow disloyal, and that he didn't want to tell me because he didn't know what to say and didn't want to say something stupid. I told him I wasn't mad at him for being with his ex, I just wanted communication and he could have just told me he was confused and would explain at a later date. This is because I have experienced this kind of thing in the past, where guys start ignoring me for no explained reason (so Si jumps to conclusions).

I can conclude from this that his emotions are tied with sex somehow. Mine definitely aren't. I have always wanted an open relationship, and had one for 8 and a half months. I don't know how this exactly corresponds to the different temperaments, but it says everywhere that INTP's value intimacy and tend to fall in love all the time and get emotionally attached, and INTP's are kind of detached and seem to just like the physical act itself. Generalities again, but what else do we have to go on.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Or one could say that the ideal is not the goal, but constantly pursuing the goal is the goal.
    Sure, I could agree with that.