First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't know really. It's kind of a confusing description. I do try, I'm just socially awkward. And in putting my ideas into practice sometimes the details and risks seem overwhelming, so since I've already visualized it for the future, sometimes my unconscious mind imagines I've already done it because I can see it. It's kinda weird.

I actually don't think there's something wrong with me, I'm just really unusual because it's like my attachment to people is directly proportional to what I mentally think is appropriate to the situation. I have to give myself permission to feel attached to people, and it's an unconscious thing. And even then if they were to reject me, that would all go away and I would walk away and not look back. Because it's illogical to be attached to people who don't want you. And it's not really that I am closed off either; I can have a lot of fun and be affectionate with people, and see us as friends. We just might always be just friends, even if we act like a couple.
    That sounds very different from my interpersonal interactions and judgments.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Here is a webpage that is more specific to your post, concerning rejection sensitivity:

http://www.excelatlife.com/articles/...rejection5.htm

It's more helpful to deal with specific identifiable issues than to try typing oneself according to some vague and confusing typology.
    I'm definitely going to read this. It sounds like me.

But, inferior Fe is said to be like this.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm definitely going to read this. It sounds like me.

But, inferior Fe is said to be like this.
    And yet previously you wrote:

" it is mostly applying objectively true impersonal principles to social areas based on what produces the greatest good for the greatest number of people, balancing the needs of individuals against each other. It probably looks NF"

It probably does, as well as IJ. But then you treat it as secondary, although you said "mostly" in the quote.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

That sounds very different from my interpersonal interactions and judgments.
    Hmm. I know people of one type can show the traits differently, but I think even if I was completely healthy I would behave more like INTP. And sexually I am more NT than NF. I know a lot of NT's do show an emotional connection sexually, but that is the typical domain of the NF's. They need to feel emotionally connected to be intimate, or being intimate increases their emotional connection. Whereas I behave like a stereotypical guy. I do feel a sense of intimacy with people, and it makes me feel closer to them; it's just not romantic. My romantic feelings are completely separate. And during the experience I connect more on a spiritual level than emotional. And it really wouldn't bother me to have a special experience with someone and then not see them again. I know the way I am describing this is probably not like the type descriptions, but it is the general idea behind it.

http://www.keirsey.com/personalityzone/lz35.asp
    http://www.keirsey.com/personalityzone/lz34.asp

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

And yet previously you wrote:

" it is mostly applying objectively true impersonal principles to social areas based on what produces the greatest good for the greatest number of people, balancing the needs of individuals against each other. It probably looks NF"

It probably does, as well as IJ. But then you treat it as secondary, although you said "mostly" in the quote.
    No I mean mostly as in most of what it consists of. That's how it works. I just don't think about it all the time.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

And sexually I am more NT than NF. I know a lot of NT's do show an emotional connection sexually, but that is the typical domain of the NF's. They need to feel emotionally connected to be intimate, or being intimate increases their emotional connection. Whereas I behave like a stereotypical guy.
    Guess I've been doing it wrong then.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    Guess I've been doing it wrong then.
    Well like I say, this is me and not everyone. But the underlying principles behind my behavior are more like what I've read for INTP. Not saying every NT should be like me and everyone else is NF.

This has just been my impression of the differences based on what I've read and observed in other people.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Hmm. I know people of one type can show the traits differently, but I think even if I was completely healthy I would behave more like INTP. And sexually I am more NT than NF. I know a lot of NT's do show an emotional connection sexually, but that is the typical domain of the NF's. They need to feel emotionally connected to be intimate, or being intimate increases their emotional connection. Whereas I behave like a stereotypical guy. I do feel a sense of intimacy with people, and it makes me feel closer to them; it's just not romantic. My romantic feelings are completely separate. And during the experience I connect more on a spiritual level than emotional. And it really wouldn't bother me to have a special experience with someone and then not see them again. I know the way I am describing this is probably not like the type descriptions, but it is the general idea behind it.

http://www.keirsey.com/personalityzone/lz35.asp
    http://www.keirsey.com/personalityzone/lz34.asp
    The word "spiritual" really stands out here.

Which of these seven Jungian archetypes do you identify with most?

The hero: Rescuer, champion
    The maiden: Purity, desire
    The wise old man: Knowledge, guidance
    The magician: Mysterious, powerful
    The earth mother: Nature
    The witch or sorceress: Dangerous
    The trickster: Deceiving, hidden

http://changingminds.org/explanation...archetypes.htm

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Well like I say, this is me and not everyone. But the underlying principles behind my behavior are more like what I've read for INTP. Not saying every NT should be like me and everyone else is NF.
    I was just making a point that NFs can have NSA sex, one night stands, and FWB-style relationships.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

The word "spiritual" really stands out here.

Which of these seven Jungian archetypes do you identify with most?

The hero: Rescuer, champion
    The maiden: Purity, desire
    The wise old man: Knowledge, guidance
    The magician: Mysterious, powerful
    The earth mother: Nature
    The witch or sorceress: Dangerous
    The trickster: Deceiving, hidden

http://changingminds.org/explanation...archetypes.htm
    Yeah I thought it would. It's such a charged word that people have all kinds of associations with. What I mean is in a tantric way, of the divine energy in me connecting with the divine energy in someone else. We are divinity because we are alive and have spirits. Sacred harmony between feminine and masculine forces on the physical plane. And I can do this with anyone, and we don't have to be in a relationship.

I'll look at those and get back to you.

I just wanted to clear that up and not be thrown into the NF bag just because I have a sense of spirituality.