User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's my type?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    7 28.00%
  • INFP

    16 64.00%
  • INTJ

    1 4.00%
  • other, or outside the box

    5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 233

  1. #31
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Actually, many INTP's may score high on Fi related questions without actually using Fi as a cognative function. A lot of Fi based questions are very hard to answer because it's a very unconscious-like cognative function and people are easily biased into answering in favor of the Fi, because it seems like the right answer. But the difference is that you would reach that conclusion using your Ti, thinking that that is how you should answer. Whilest it has nothing to do with Fi, feeling that it is truth.

    Especially on my firsts tests (probably because I wanted to secretly depict myself as more awesome then I already was), I usually scored prety high on Fi, not until much later and delving into what Fi really was did I realize I don't use it at all.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #32
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Cool.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    INFP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #34
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    INFP.
    Ok. Did you read the thread? Or the post before last? Because I assure you I'm not.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Ok. Did you read the thread? Or the post before last? Because I assure you I'm not.
    Yes. You should look into MBTI tritypes.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #36
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Yeah, I have. I think it makes a lot of sense, and I'll probably read more about it. INXP/INTX. So I'm wondering what makes you think INFP? And also since I know I'm not, do you have any thoughts on why I'm atypical (if you were to assume I am correct)?

  7. #37
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah, I have. I think it makes a lot of sense, and I'll probably read more about it. INXP/INTX. So I'm wondering what makes you think INFP? And also since I know I'm not, do you have any thoughts on why I'm atypical (if you were to assume I am correct)?
    I base it simply on analyzing the answers you gave in the OP. For example: "I would instantaneously evaluate what I agreed and disagreed with and why, and formulate my response. I would assess what his/her attitude was in saying it and what my attitude was and whether emotion or other personal factors were making either of us biased. Then I would respond with an emphasis on looking at the big picture."

    When I search statements like this for clues, I don't look at functions much. So if I say that your response shows introversion in the first sentence, and intuition in the last, I'm not calling it Ni. (But a certain J-ness is present in the orderly way in which you mentally process the situation.)

    "This has happened many times, and I have to modify my internal framework (both objective and subjective). I notice how I feel about this clash, and how much my ego might be attached to my beliefs and and whether I need to detach more to know the big picture." Here is feeling, intuition, and introversion.

    "I value things both objectively and subjectively. Externally I value freedom, harmony, truth, responsibility, happiness, independence, collective empowerment, thinking outside the box, being openminded, seeing interconnectedness, having a balanced ego, compassion within reason, and honesty (both with others and yourself), among other things. I value practicality and applicability, as well as imagination and idealism and pointless mental activity. For me personally I value health and fitness, competence, being extraordinary, beauty, pleasure, logic, humor, being stable and sane, knowing myself, independence, maturity, and constant commitment to being my best. The most important thing to me is to know and understand reality and the ultimate truth of the universe (both objective and subjective). My ethics have evolved over the years and now consist of ‘be responsible for the consequences of your actions.’ (I don’t like making moral judgments anymore because they seem too Christian/religious. I’m pagan/Taoist/Hindu/atheist. The truth is never black and white or dualistic.) That said, I will protect and defend people and things I feel connected to. I feel one with the Earth and the life on it. (I also believe it is objectively true that we need to protect the earth no matter how people feel about it because it makes sense.) I feel connected to the goddess and god energy and am a feminist. Being pagan I believe in looking at things from the perspective of all human history and not being biased in favor of “civilization” and technology. I value both science and mysticism. Everything is balance. My values have never really changed, just had different emphases."

    I'm not looking for functions here, but introverted feeling certainly pops out strongly in those statements. It's not because you talk about values (that's what was asked anyway), it has to do with a quest for meaning (" to know and understand reality and the ultimate truth of the universe"). You say it is both objective and subjective meaning. But the things you discuss clearly aren't objective ("I feel one with the Earth and the life on it" and "I feel connected to the goddess and god energy").

    "Intuition is a very important tool, especially for a witch. I always trust my intuition, and it is very reliable and accurate. I always balance my subjective feelings with objective reality though, because they can be biased or clouded by emotion."

    This comes across as more INFJ. My intuition keeps telling me to change the call to INFJ, so maybe I'll just do that.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I'm not looking for functions here, but introverted feeling certainly pops out strongly in those statements. It's not because you talk about values (that's what was asked anyway), it has to do with a quest for meaning (" to know and understand reality and the ultimate truth of the universe"). You say it is both objective and subjective meaning. But the things you discuss clearly aren't objective ("I feel one with the Earth and the life on it" and "I feel connected to the goddess and god energy").

    "Intuition is a very important tool, especially for a witch. I always trust my intuition, and it is very reliable and accurate. I always balance my subjective feelings with objective reality though, because they can be biased or clouded by emotion."

    This comes across as more INFJ. My intuition keeps telling me to change the call to INFJ, so maybe I'll just do that.
    If we were to type by functions, I would say INTJ Ni-Fi Loop. If we were to type by the tritype theory, I would say INTP/INFP/INTJ. If we were to type by type description, I would say INFJ. So I don't know lol.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    If we were to type by functions, I would say INTJ Ni-Fi Loop. If we were to type by the tritype theory, I would say INTP/INFP/INTJ. If we were to type by type description, I would say INFJ. So I don't know lol.
    I've seen so many INFJ/INTP combinations that I should have thought of it long before this. As far as functions go, I'm seeing more Ni now that I think about it. I just don't like to. But I have to ask what it is about the INTP description that seems so accurate? For example,

    "The most important thing to me is to know and understand reality and the ultimate truth of the universe (both objective and subjective)" ("INTPs value knowledge above all else"). But that's only a small part of the description compared to all this:

    "Externally I value freedom, harmony, truth, responsibility, happiness, independence, collective empowerment, thinking outside the box, being openminded, seeing interconnectedness, having a balanced ego, compassion within reason, and honesty (both with others and yourself), among other things. I value practicality and applicability, as well as imagination and idealism and pointless mental activity. For me personally I value health and fitness, competence, being extraordinary, beauty, pleasure, logic, humor, being stable and sane, knowing myself, independence, maturity, and constant commitment to being my best." "My ethics have evolved over the years" ("INFJs place great importance on havings things orderly and systematic in their outer world. They put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, and constantly define and re-define the priorities in their lives." "They have high expectations of their children, and push them to be the best that they can be.") Some of that sounds Fi and some Ni.

    So which type is more prominent?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #40
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I base it simply on analyzing the answers you gave in the OP. For example: "I would instantaneously evaluate what I agreed and disagreed with and why, and formulate my response. I would assess what his/her attitude was in saying it and what my attitude was and whether emotion or other personal factors were making either of us biased. Then I would respond with an emphasis on looking at the big picture."

    When I search statements like this for clues, I don't look at functions much. So if I say that your response shows introversion in the first sentence, and intuition in the last, I'm not calling it Ni. (But a certain J-ness is present in the orderly way in which you mentally process the situation.)

    "This has happened many times, and I have to modify my internal framework (both objective and subjective). I notice how I feel about this clash, and how much my ego might be attached to my beliefs and and whether I need to detach more to know the big picture." Here is feeling, intuition, and introversion.

    "I value things both objectively and subjectively. Externally I value freedom, harmony, truth, responsibility, happiness, independence, collective empowerment, thinking outside the box, being openminded, seeing interconnectedness, having a balanced ego, compassion within reason, and honesty (both with others and yourself), among other things. I value practicality and applicability, as well as imagination and idealism and pointless mental activity. For me personally I value health and fitness, competence, being extraordinary, beauty, pleasure, logic, humor, being stable and sane, knowing myself, independence, maturity, and constant commitment to being my best. The most important thing to me is to know and understand reality and the ultimate truth of the universe (both objective and subjective). My ethics have evolved over the years and now consist of ‘be responsible for the consequences of your actions.’ (I don’t like making moral judgments anymore because they seem too Christian/religious. I’m pagan/Taoist/Hindu/atheist. The truth is never black and white or dualistic.) That said, I will protect and defend people and things I feel connected to. I feel one with the Earth and the life on it. (I also believe it is objectively true that we need to protect the earth no matter how people feel about it because it makes sense.) I feel connected to the goddess and god energy and am a feminist. Being pagan I believe in looking at things from the perspective of all human history and not being biased in favor of “civilization” and technology. I value both science and mysticism. Everything is balance. My values have never really changed, just had different emphases."

    I'm not looking for functions here, but introverted feeling certainly pops out strongly in those statements. It's not because you talk about values (that's what was asked anyway), it has to do with a quest for meaning (" to know and understand reality and the ultimate truth of the universe"). You say it is both objective and subjective meaning. But the things you discuss clearly aren't objective ("I feel one with the Earth and the life on it" and "I feel connected to the goddess and god energy").

    "Intuition is a very important tool, especially for a witch. I always trust my intuition, and it is very reliable and accurate. I always balance my subjective feelings with objective reality though, because they can be biased or clouded by emotion."

    This comes across as more INFJ. My intuition keeps telling me to change the call to INFJ, so maybe I'll just do that.
    Cool, thanks for the explanation. I can see the how the particular things you listed could go either way.

Similar Threads

  1. Some points about me- your thoughts on my type and functions? :D
    By SwimmerGal97 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 09:45 PM
  2. [INTP] Thoughts on my type (INTP)?
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
  3. Musings on my type
    By Matthew_Z in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Thoughts on this type relationship
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 06:09 PM
  5. The Verdict on My Type
    By MerkW in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO