User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's my type?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    7 28.00%
  • INFP

    16 64.00%
  • INTJ

    1 4.00%
  • other, or outside the box

    5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1321222324 Last

Results 221 to 230 of 233

  1. #221
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    You are rather fortunate that so many people are so interested in your personality type whether they agree with you or not because a lot of people do not get a moments notice from others on their type!
    I dunno. It's not that I want people to be interested in my type; I want people to take what I say seriously, and listen to my theories about typology. And my type appears to be an obstacle to this. So be it.

    Edit: I'll pay attention to your type if you want! I think you are INTP with well developed Se.

  2. #222
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    You are rather fortunate that so many people are so interested in your personality type whether they agree with you or not because a lot of people do not get a moments notice from others on their type!
    Yah I hear that!

    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #223
    Senior Member copperfish17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I said something, and you said you saw no Ti, and I meant what would Ti look like if a Ti user were saying the same thing or answering the same question. As in, if Ti had been in my post, what would it have looked like?
    Well I can't tell you that, simply because not all Ti-users are going to say the same thing.

    And this in my opinion, is exactly the problem with MBTI. I think it should be viewed in terms of cognitive function development. To some extent people have a central function order, and this indicates type; but the process is fluid depending on how they have developed their functions. I see what you are saying now, but I disagree with the system because I think it is fundamentally flawed.

    TL;DR
    Then I guess we should accept that our premises are different. This discussion isn't going to get anywhere before either of us decide that the other person's premises make more sense. At the moment I still think that it's your understanding that's flawed (not the system).

    This confuses me. I kind of understand the underlying meaning, and I agree, but to some extent everything is based on how we process information and make judgments. We have to look at the motivations for things, how natural something is for a person, the context, their environment and conditioning, and to what extent something is just human and not related to type.
    Yeah you're on the right track there.

    You're entitled to your incorrect opinion about my proficiency with Ti related skills. I happen to be very good at it. My reasoning just doesn't always match with yours or that of other Ti users. (1)And I've been doing a lot more of some things on this site than others. I'm pretty sure the analysis I used above with the functions represents competence. (2)Btw, successfulness is not a word. And you and some others have made spelling errors which I haven't corrected because I didn't want to be a dick, because I have inferior Fe. But it bothers me because little incorrect things bother me. (3)Does that help you believe I may have some Ti?
    LOL @ "incorrect opinion." I'd say that you're the one w/terrible self-awareness, but let's not argue over this, shall we? It'll only get messy.

    To the first bolded statement - I don't think so. Ask any other authentic INTP; I assure you he/she'll tell you the same thing.
    To the second bolded statement - You sure?
    To the final bolded question - No, not really. It's not like Ti-users are the only people who can spot spelling errors. Also, "little incorrect things bothering you" isn't necessarily a sign of Ti. Its kinda funny how you try to prove the your Ti with silly little things like this. Now THAT bothers me. Spelling mistakes generally don't, 'cause I know we all make mistakes sometimes. By the way, where did I make any spelling mistakes?

    Besides, give me a break - English is my second language (I speak 5 in total), and I've never lived in an English-speaking country. I'm South Korean, btw. Livin' in South Korea atm.

    EDIT: I'm sick and tired of this tedious debate that seems to be getting nowhere, and would like to inform you that I'm not interested in posting in either of your threads from now on. I wanted to drop out a while back; the only reason I kept replying to your posts was because you had questions that demanded my answer(s). No more of that, please - I've better things to do. I wish you luck w/your typing journey, and this is goodbye.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

  4. #224
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Well I can't tell you that, simply because not all Ti-users are going to say the same thing.



    Then I guess we should accept that our premises are different. This discussion isn't going to get anywhere before either of us decide that the other person's premises make more sense. At the moment I still think that it's your understanding that's flawed (not the system).



    Yeah you're on the right track there.



    LOL @ "incorrect opinion." I'd say that you're the one w/terrible self-awareness, but let's not argue over this, shall we? It'll only get messy.

    To the first bolded statement - I don't think so. Ask any other authentic INTP; I assure you he/she'll tell you the same thing.
    To the second bolded statement - You sure?
    To the final bolded question - No, not really. It's not like Ti-users are the only people who can spot spelling errors. Also, "little incorrect things bothering you" isn't necessarily a sign of Ti. Its kinda funny how you try to prove the your Ti with silly little things like this. Now THAT bothers me. Spelling mistakes generally don't, 'cause I know we all make mistakes sometimes. By the way, where did I make any spelling mistakes?

    Besides, give me a break - English is my second language (I speak 5 in total), and I've never lived in an English-speaking country. I'm South Korean, btw. Livin' in South Korea atm.

    EDIT: I'm sick and tired of this tedious debate that seems to be getting nowhere, and would like to inform you that I'm not interested in posting in either of your threads from now on. I wanted to drop out a while back; the only reason I kept replying to your posts was because you had questions that demanded my answer(s). No more of that, please - I've better things to do. I wish you luck w/your typing journey, and this is goodbye.
    Alright, fine. Sorry if I've been irritating. I'm just frustrated that something that seems so obvious to me seems completely incorrect to so many other people. It's like I'm looking at something black and you're saying it's white. Maybe you and the others perceive it the same way. No matter. It is what it is. Thanks for conversing thus far.

    And sorry about the English as a second language thing; I forget about that. You're very good at English then.

    Not trying to "prove" I have Ti necessarily, I'm just going about it the same way other people do and pointing out things which are common to a type and saying I do those things too. That (statement about me having Ti) was including the analysis of the functions, and concluding that they point to INTP- which I think is perfectly logical and exhibits the Ti process.

    I'm tired of trying to prove it. I don't think I should have to; like I say it's just obvious to me, and you and other people seem to think the opposite is obvious. So I'm attempting to show my point of view to resolve this misunderstanding.

  5. #225
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Did I mention I'm a philosophy major? And I prefer to study logic over ethics?

  6. #226
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    intp would be my vote as well. For an intj you are too talkative . And your posts are way to linear to be an infp.

    That would be my 5 cents. Everytime I run out of ideas btw, its most often with intps. I think thats because we think pretty alike
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  7. #227
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Another proof for intpness in you, is your thread "ask an NT witch". There you have described your complete personality system, which is a typology of its own and which you should write down at a given time. Thats why they call intps "The Architects".

    In contrast to an intj stands your theorethical approach. You and me hang around on forums and talk about this stuff endlessly, thats why we are p types. intjs and entjs are meanwhile out there making money with their ideas.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #228
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    intp would be my vote as well. For an intj you are too talkative . And your posts are way to linear to be an infp.

    That would be my 5 cents. Everytime I run out of ideas btw, its most often with intps. I think thats because we think pretty alike
    So INTJ's aren't as talkative, eh? Yeah, that seems to be true.

    I feel like I think like most of the NT's; they just don't agree. And I think it's more they don't agree with certain opinions and thoughts I have, so that influences their belief that my thinking must be different.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Another proof for intpness in you, is your thread "ask an NT witch". There you have described your complete personality system, which is a typology of its own and which you should write down at a given time. Thats why they call intps "The Architects".

    In contrast to an intj stands your theorethical approach. You and me hang around on forums and talk about this stuff endlessly, thats why we are p types. intjs and entjs are meanwhile out there making money with their ideas.
    Yes, I definitely think like an architect, INTP or not. Everything I learn I want to put into a system, and refine that system to fit reality. I'm fascinated by systems of thought, and want to master all of them, then find the connections between them all and integrate them. Finding connections between frameworks is my favorite thing to do. Every step of the way I look for the underlying principles and whether it seems logically consistent to me. (In philosophy classes, seriously like every class I say 'but this doesn't make sense because of such and such' and it turns out some great philosopher has raised the same objection. Not to brag, but I go through this process, and I'm not illogical.) Every system I want to make my own, and refine it and make it better fit reality and the big picture. Then if I find significant flaws and holes, I produce my own version of it. I collect all the underlying principles and put them into a three dimensional figure in my mind.

    For instance, I've done this with the chakra system. I created a symbol which comprises the entire system and can be superimposed upon not only the human body, but the Earth. It can be applied to everything.

    Anyway, got a bit carried away. As you said, talking endlessly about ideas. Edit: I have written down some of my typology theory; I just got a bit stuck so I took a break. I'm not so sure about how combination of functions occur.


    Thanks for affirming my original thoughts, and for giving reasons.

  9. #229
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Just took a test again and it said ENTJ. Lol. Somehow I doubt that's accurate. I goes with J, but I'm more Fe than Fi. So...one more of my personas.

  10. #230
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    intp and entj are both in gamma quadra in socionics, so it isnt such a far shot. I can give you the advice to read through following site a bit. Down on the page there is a group box, which is unsorted so not everything what stands under gamma belongs to gamma. There you can find a multifacetual type description. You could start with intp and see how it fits. I did the same with my type:

    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Quadras
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. Some points about me- your thoughts on my type and functions? :D
    By SwimmerGal97 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 09:45 PM
  2. [INTP] Thoughts on my type (INTP)?
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
  3. Musings on my type
    By Matthew_Z in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Thoughts on this type relationship
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 06:09 PM
  5. The Verdict on My Type
    By MerkW in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO