Multiple Choice Poll.
First 111920212223 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Wow, looks like I got here a little late... I'm not sure why I've been called to a thread like this. I generally leave these threads to the NTs; they're far better at it than I am. I do have a question that might help, though. Sorry if it's already been asked.

Do you think you could see yourself doing/supporting something which is obviously illogical simply because it held some kind of sentimental value to you? If so, how often does it happen?

Also, (this one will probably piss the NTs off) how frequently do you use emoticons when online?

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Why so emotionally involved?
    exactly. If she was INTP, she would of known enough. She seems to need more feedback and so far only open to INTP, really. That's a sure sign of Fi.

I tried to think I was other types but I was only kidding myself in the end.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Wow, looks like I got here a little late... I'm not sure why I've been called to a thread like this. I generally leave these threads to the NTs; they're far better at it than I am. I do have a question that might help, though. Sorry if it's already been asked.

Do you think you could see yourself doing/supporting something which is obviously illogical simply because it held some kind of sentimental value to you? If so, how often does it happen?

Also, (this one will probably piss the NTs off) how frequently do you use emoticons when online?
    No, I never support things which are obviously illogical. At least in my mind.

I don't use them as often as some people- I mostly do on this site. I have more lately because it's fun. I like the funny ones.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    That occurred to me also.

All signs point to INTJ.
    Cool. I can accept that one, because the only reason I didn't think I was is that I have a problem with procrastination because of a fear of failure (and poor time management skills). But it doesn't make me happy. I'd really like to be super productive and efficient. The times I have succeeded in getting things done I set out to do I've felt really good about myself. And I'm a pretty organized person.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Maybe we should get the opinions of other INFPs like @Ginkgo or @Tyrinth and see what they think about the OP possibly being INFP.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    @greenfairy, if you're an INFP you're an exceptionally calm and rational one. In the colloquial 'non Jungian/MBT/etc.' sense. I haven't seen you Fi flame out once so far and your responses to haters is pretty steady and even, you ask for and unemotionally process feedback even if negative, and you keep on topic instead of reacting with personal attacks. <--This last one is beyond many T's here, trust me

This is coming from an ENFP though so I think my thoughts have 0 weight with "some people."

:cries:

:runs out of the room:

:runs back in:

:yells "YOU'RE ALL MONSTERS?!?!?!":

:runs back out:

Thanks. I'm thinking the same thing.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    :sets podium on fire:

EDIT: Nice save.. :P
    Those ENFP's. Such fun. So passionate. As Elfboy said, you put the Fi in fire.

(Or is it the fire in Fi? But fire isn't in Fi, it's the other way around...)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    No, I never support things which are obviously illogical. At least in my mind.

I don't use them as often as some people- I mostly do on this site. I have more lately because it's fun. I like the funny ones.
    Hmm, I'm leaning against INFP for you, but it's a possibility... I just have an issue with an INFP believing logic is always the way to go, I believe that sometimes your gut feeling is more important than what rigid logic can tell you. Of course, there is a time and place for everything.

The second question was kind of a joke, but as a trend, NFs seem to use emoticons more frequently than NTs.

Honestly though, it doesn't really matter what I think. You know more about yourself than any of us can learn from silly little questions like these. You'll need to decide on your own type, if it happens to be INFP, then go for it. Just my two cents. Good luck though.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Redirected from:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...71#post1940771

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    I don't believe you do that, not anymore...
    And I don't see how the ensuing part of your post indicates that you're INTP. Not in any way. I see no signs of Ti. None.
    Why?
    What would Ti look like in this particular situation?

I can easily imagine a Fi-dom saying this. Or any sensible person regardless of type, actually.
    I can't.

A lot of people seem to suggest that I should just "admit" or "accept" that I am INFP, and my point is that this doesn't make sense to me.

The question wasn't meant to be taken in such a colloquial sense.
    Then how was it meant to be taken?

Also - you simply cannot have both well developed Ti AND Te, for they are functions that operate in opposite directions. That's like saying you can have good Fi and Fe at the same time. Take your pick.
    Why not? I think of them as skills, which can be developed. And people can change their preferences and adjust their behavior.

This is a bunch of absolute nonsense. I'm sorry, it really is.
    No, it's just subjective and emotional reasoning, which is not the majority of the reasoning I use. I'm just including it. And the part about equally fitting both types so "picking one" I don't think is nonsense- if I have nothing to go on, and I don't contrast with the type I choose, it makes no difference. I now think I do contrast with the type, but I didn't at the moment.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

So if what I think in myself to be Ti is really something else, evidently I am misapplying the definition. Which I don't understand and can't see.
    "Introverted Thinking: Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision. Analyzing your options using principles like comfort or "Red is a power color.""

Analyzing: yes, I do this.
    Categorizing: yes, I am attempting to understand categories and place things in them. My mind works this way. Without categories I would have no way to understand the world.
    Evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model: I am evaluating all this according to the principles of typology and cognitive functions and assessing whether my observations of myself fit the framework/model of the functioning of INTP and INFP.
    Figuring out the principles on which something works: Well that's the point, isn't it? After believing that I have done this, if I think I am right and I am actually wrong, I must be either misunderstanding the principles or incorrectly applying them.
    Checking for inconsistencies: hence comparing myself to the types to see if they fit, getting feedback on my understanding.
    Clarifying definitions to get more precision: yeah. This entire post. Most of my posts on here. What is Ti? What is Fi? What are value judgments?

You honestly see none of the definition in my posts? I find that unbelievable. Either there's a big misunderstanding somewhere or I'm crazy.