5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 123412 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I guess I just have it easy being the INTP posterboy that I am.

As for your type, you seem to relate most to the INTP type and I have so far not seen any conclusive evidence that that would not be the case, so I'll vote INTP.

...for now..
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Maybe you should do what @Mal+ does by listing an MBTI tritype in your sig, like for example Mal+ is INTP ENTP ISTJ, and you could be say an INTJ INFP INTP

I don't know just a random idea for your type in an unorthodox fashion. Hey, if you try something new, you never know what will work! Mal+ has a theory that we take on traits of multiple types, a view possibly worth subscribing to.
    It's worthy because when I read type descriptions I see myself in more than one of them. And the same thing happens when I do the same for other people that I've known and observed for years. My boss that I've had for over 8 years is ESTJ, ENTJ, and ESTP. But ESTJ stands out most prominently.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I agree with the tri type. So that's what people were doing; I thought it was confusing test results people had gotten. The positive side of giving it way too much thought is that if I can modify the system somehow to be inclusive of mixed types, that could be kind of revolutionary and other people could understand themselves better too. I think cognitive functions can kind of combine themselves sometimes in different levels of development. It seems like it would be necessary, because they balance each other out and one would have to develop to balance the other; and if they are in vertical order in the consciousness, some can exist side by side but they still have to go through the original vertical structure. I don't agree with inferior and shadow functions always being negative; they are just more unconscious and so take more time and effort to develop and incorporate.

This has happened many times, and I have to modify my internal framework (both objective and subjective). I notice how I feel about this clash, and how much my ego might be attached to my beliefs and and whether I need to detach more to know the big picture... I don’t like making moral judgments anymore because they seem too Christian/religious. I’m pagan/Taoist/Hindu/atheist...I am more honest than most. I am never afraid of truth...
    "I feel that my emotions are trustworthy. I use them to fine-tune my value system, which utterly rejects prejudices such as those GarmGarf mentioned. I do this by waiting until I have a feeling, then checking it against what I believe I should feel. If the two are not consistent, I re-analyze why I believe I should feel otherwise. If it does not make sense or is inconsistent with the rest of my values, particularly the foundations of the value system, I alter the value until it is properly aligned. If the reason makes sense and retains an internal consistency with the rest of the value system, I figure out why I am feeling inappropriately. When I discover the core of the error, I can work to change the spiritual flaw in order to change the emotion. I continue focusing on appropriate attitudes until the actual emotion aligns with the value system again."

-http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=2282

Some answers you posted seem very related to Fi to me, but hey I could be wrong. The first part I quoted from you seems to be straight out of the description to Fi. And not wanting to be associated with a specific religion while accepting, or at least being interested in others seems value fixated to me as well. And by the way don't all of the religions you say you belong to have deities, yet you also say you are atheist? "Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities... A deity is a speculative being, natural, supernatural or preternatural, with superhuman powers or qualities, and who may be thought of as holy, divine, or sacred." Or do you just pick and choose practices of each while ignoring what you don't believe? I'm guessing you do. And the part about being honest and unafraid of truth, does that mean you have a need to be blunt and truthful to others? I don't think there are any interpersonal truths, so it seems Fi to me to believe there are (if that's what you meant at all). I hope some of this helps clarify things, or at least opens up potential types for you.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    "I feel that my emotions are trustworthy. I use them to fine-tune my value system, which utterly rejects prejudices such as those GarmGarf mentioned. I do this by waiting until I have a feeling, then checking it against what I believe I should feel. If the two are not consistent, I re-analyze why I believe I should feel otherwise. If it does not make sense or is inconsistent with the rest of my values, particularly the foundations of the value system, I alter the value until it is properly aligned. If the reason makes sense and retains an internal consistency with the rest of the value system, I figure out why I am feeling inappropriately. When I discover the core of the error, I can work to change the spiritual flaw in order to change the emotion. I continue focusing on appropriate attitudes until the actual emotion aligns with the value system again."

-http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=2282
    This partly applies to me and partly doesn't; I don't change my values to suit my emotions, I suit my emotions to the values, and I don't feel my emotions are trustworthy. I need to listen to them and harmonize them with analysis and objective truth, but I shouldn't just go with them. I don't know. I could be using Fi. It's a little confusing, because I think I use Fi within a Ti framework (kind of hard to explain, but I did in a recent post). It seems like Fi's value system is created from the inside out, and Fe's from the outside in; and it seems like mine is more Fe (but I could be wrong). Good description.

Some answers you posted seem very related to Fi to me, but hey I could be wrong. The first part I quoted from you seems to be straight out of the description to Fi. And not wanting to be associated with a specific religion while accepting, or at least being interested in others seems value fixated to me as well. And by the way don't all of the religions you say you belong to have deities, yet you also say you are atheist? "Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities... A deity is a speculative being, natural, supernatural or preternatural, with superhuman powers or qualities, and who may be thought of as holy, divine, or sacred." Or do you just pick and choose practices of each while ignoring what you don't believe? I'm guessing you do. And the part about being honest and unafraid of truth, does that mean you have a need to be blunt and truthful to others? I don't think there are any interpersonal truths, so it seems Fi to me to believe there are (if that's what you meant at all). I hope some of this helps clarify things, or at least opens up potential types for you.
    You're right, my Fi seems to show itself to the world more.

It's complicated: I am atheist and polytheist at the same time. I believe deities exist as thought forms, collections of energy which we have created- but I don't believe they exist independently of our perception. So one can interact with them if one chooses, or ignore them and have the view that they don't exist, and it won't make a difference either way. Like collective imaginary friends. All my spiritual beliefs which I have taken from various religions have underlying principles which agree. I wrote a document called "Witches' Principles of Belief and Way of Life" on my blog which defines these principles and organizes them, if you want to look it up.

I suit my emotions to the values, and I don't feel my emotions are trustworthy.
    This could be Fi that is compensating for not trusting emotions. Or maybe it's just strong Fe values.
    And I did suspect the rest being Fe as well, but I guess I don't have a strong understanding of Fe. For you to have so many strong values and opinions I would think indicates a high Fe or Fi.
    Like collective imaginary friends
    Hahaha maybe I will read it because I'm confused now xD. I thought a lot of Wicca and paganism relied heavily on deities powers. But I'll have to read to see your take on it.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Cool. greenfairy026.wordpress.com if you want to check it out.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

This could be Fi that is compensating for not trusting emotions. Or maybe it's just strong Fe values.
    And I did suspect the rest being Fe as well, but I guess I don't have a strong understanding of Fe. For you to have so many strong values and opinions I would think indicates a high Fe or Fi.

Hahaha maybe I will read it because I'm confused now xD. I thought a lot of Wicca and paganism relied heavily on deities powers. But I'll have to read to see your take on it.
    Yes, part of my reasoning was that I use Fe in my values more than Fi, and in this way Fe is very developed.

I have thoroughly explored and evaluated the evidence and concluded once again that I am INTP. But also INXP/INTX. It does seem I use Fi a lot more than I previously thought, but I think I use my Ni to incorporate it into my Ti. But I always welcome new information and opinions.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yes, part of my reasoning was that I use Fe in my values more than Fi, and in this way Fe is very developed.

I have thoroughly explored and evaluated the evidence and concluded once again that I am INTP. But also INXP/INTX. It does seem I use Fi a lot more than I previously thought, but I think I use my Ni to incorporate it into my Ti. But I always welcome new information and opinions.
    Fe takes its cues from social groups, what social groups do you use?

Fi and Ni are way low on the totem pole for INTPs.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yes. I am thinking more along the lines of collective values versus individual. My values tend to be in regard to what is the best for the group as a whole, such as the human race or the Earth, or women, or harmony between men and women, etc. I think of the interconnected web of life rather than what I personally like or emotionally react to. I believe people need to respect the interconnected web of life no matter what we think or feel about it. So in this way it is collective rather than individual. I used to take my cues from Democrats. But now it's more indigenous people.

It's true Ni and Fi start out low for most INTP's, but not everyone is the same, and people develop their functions differently and at different levels. I believe the theory that everyone uses 8 functions and in tri types. I mean, by just a standard box-like definition of the types I am impossible to neatly categorize. Do you think I am a typical INFP? I may appear that way in some ways, but I can assure you that if you got to know me you wouldn't think so.