User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's my type?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    7 28.00%
  • INFP

    16 64.00%
  • INTJ

    1 4.00%
  • other, or outside the box

    5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 233

  1. #181

  2. #182
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    It's suspect to me that only a few were given as options. Like a subtle manipulation.
    Oh I didn't mean it this way, just listing the most common ones people have suggested. I can add some more.

  3. #183
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I think you're an INTP.
    Cool.

    You don't think I abuse logic horribly then? Sry; ego. I don't think abusing logic is necessarily related to type either, but that's my opinion.
    I acknowledge I am naturally a little more emotional than most INTP's, much more bubbly and expressive, and much more enthusiastic. I haven't always been, that's for sure. In fact, I repressed many of my emotions for a long time to try to achieve complete detachment from them. But now I'm exploring the other side of the pendulum, and I like it. I might swing back the other way again, who knows. Maybe once I express everything I'll just be a detached bubbly person.

    So I agree with a lot of people, in many ways I don't fit the superficial characteristics of INTP. Internally, and given my past psychology it seems to fit. So which do I go with? Maybe I'm ENXP. I've been forced to live as an introvert by not having good social skills, but being extroverted has always seemed more fun. And I almost never feel like I need to be alone, except to collect my theories together. Being around people energizes me, if I do it successfully.

    Do I seem like ENXP? I should try to add those as well as INFJ and a few others to the poll options.

  4. #184
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Cool.

    You don't think I abuse logic horribly then? Sry; ego. I don't think abusing logic is necessarily related to type either, but that's my opinion.
    I acknowledge I am naturally a little more emotional than most INTP's, much more bubbly and expressive, and much more enthusiastic. I haven't always been, that's for sure. In fact, I repressed many of my emotions for a long time to try to achieve complete detachment from them. But now I'm exploring the other side of the pendulum, and I like it. I might swing back the other way again, who knows. Maybe once I express everything I'll just be a detached bubbly person.

    So I agree with a lot of people, in many ways I don't fit the superficial characteristics of INTP. Internally, and given my past psychology it seems to fit. So which do I go with? Maybe I'm ENXP. I've been forced to live as an introvert by not having good social skills, but being extroverted has always seemed more fun. And I almost never feel like I need to be alone, except to collect my theories together. Being around people energizes me, if I do it successfully.

    Do I seem like ENXP? I should try to add those as well as INFJ and a few others to the poll options.
    Your methods of doing things falls in line with a framework that works for you in difference to perceptive stance which is why I would hold you to a judging function before perceiving in its order. I imagine Ti or Fi works in both aspects depending on how you play with your personal constructs in your mind. Now that personal construct is a construct that your mind naturally holds to when dealing with things so if something is not within its range, you probably would find it more difficult to understand, which is where I imagine you take things more literally.
    How can we determine whether its Ti or Fi that your mind construct is based upon? Does something bother you because you don't understand it within your logical framwork or does something bother you because it doesn't fall in line with your personal values?

  5. #185
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Your methods of doing things falls in line with a framework that works for you in difference to perceptive stance which is why I would hold you to a judging function before perceiving in its order. I imagine Ti or Fi works in both aspects depending on how you play with your personal constructs in your mind. Now that personal construct is a construct that your mind naturally holds to when dealing with things so if something is not within its range, you probably would find it more difficult to understand, which is where I imagine you take things more literally.
    How can we determine whether its Ti or Fi that your mind construct is based upon? Does something bother you because you don't understand it within your logical framwork or does something bother you because it doesn't fall in line with your personal values?
    Well I think it definitely bothers me more when things don't make sense, but many people here would beg to differ. When things are not in accordance with my values I just see it as a problem that needs to be solved, usually with analysis and discussion. I just get frustrated a lot.

    When values differ, people can move in a direction of commonality and balance, or just avoid each other (easiest). But if something or someone refuses to make sense, then we get nowhere.

    That's been most of my emotional response on here, getting frustrated at communication failure and things not making sense to me. Like, here is how I understand typology, and people are telling me everything I know is wrong.

  6. #186
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Well I think it definitely bothers me more when things don't make sense, but many people here would beg to differ. When things are not in accordance with my values I just see it as a problem that needs to be solved, usually with analysis and discussion. I just get frustrated a lot.

    When values differ, people can move in a direction of commonality and balance, or just avoid each other (easiest). But if something or someone refuses to make sense, then we get nowhere.
    A lot of people get their vibes that you are more F-like based on your reactions to certain values but you believe your psychology is not built up upon it. Do you believe that an emphasis on values were injected into you as you grew up reshaping the way you deal with things with a more emotional viewpoint or was more natural to you?

  7. #187
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    A lot of people get their vibes that you are more F-like based on your reactions to certain values but you believe your psychology is not built up upon it. Do you believe that an emphasis on values were injected into you as you grew up reshaping the way you deal with things with a more emotional viewpoint or was more natural to you?
    No, I think my frustration at communication failure looked like a value-based reaction.

    I don't know; my whole family is very judgmental and has a lot of differing values. When I was an adolescent and a teenager I had a strong liberal hippie type value system, but then I discovered I was guilty of the same black and white judgment I hated in other people- so my values became increasingly relativistic. Now I try to avoid judgment and just focus on consequences of behavior. As for things I personally value, like trees and music and honesty, well that works for me and not for everyone.

  8. #188
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    No, I think my frustration at communication failure looked like a value-based reaction.

    I don't know; my whole family is very judgmental and has a lot of differing values. When I was an adolescent and a teenager I had a strong liberal hippie type value system, but then I discovered I was guilty of the same black and white judgment I hated in other people- so my values became increasingly relativistic. Now I try to avoid judgment and just focus on consequences of behavior. As for things I personally value, like trees and music and honesty, well that works for me and not for everyone.
    Communication tends to be an often issue INTPs could have when things are not understood. They do not like to play with the thoughts put forward in a way other N types would not mind I suppose. Then I imagine the talk of your irritations that are focused upon on here are similar to the general INTP you would normally see around. And bubbly is an adjective taken in many forms. How would it manifest in the way you socialise?

  9. #189
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Communication tends to be an often issue INTPs could have when things are not understood. They do not like to play with the thoughts put forward in a way other N types would not mind I suppose. Then I imagine the talk of your irritations that are focused upon on here are similar to the general INTP you would normally see around. And bubbly is an adjective taken in many forms. How would it manifest in the way you socialise?
    I'm friendly and very enthusiastic in a kind of quiet and understated way. I'm cheerful and optimistic and try to joke a lot and find the humor in everything. (I'm also sarcastic and snarky and dry.) I like life a lot and I smile a lot, and I'm very responsive and laugh a lot. Also I'm energetic and jittery.

  10. #190
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't show the usual signs of OCD...I don't know. I prefer to not think of myself as having a mental disorder. It seems limiting. But some people have thought I was somewhat autistic.
    That occurred to me also.

    All signs point to INTJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. Some points about me- your thoughts on my type and functions? :D
    By SwimmerGal97 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 09:45 PM
  2. [INTP] Thoughts on my type (INTP)?
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
  3. Musings on my type
    By Matthew_Z in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Thoughts on this type relationship
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 06:09 PM
  5. The Verdict on My Type
    By MerkW in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO