First 41213141516 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Interesting, both greenfairy and Mal+ are probably INTPs with well developed Ni, making the tritype theory a more likely possibility.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Interesting, both greenfairy and Mal+ are probably INTPs with well developed Ni, making the tritype theory a more likely possibility.
    Do you have any good links about tritype theory, or is it still only in the minds of people like us?

And what is your tritype again, if you have one?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Do you have any good links about tritype theory, or is it still only in the minds of people like us?

And what is your tritype again, if you have one?
    INTP ISTP INTJ. I am one of those 3 types and either Ti or Ni dominant.

We are the only ones who know about MBTI tritypes. Maybe when the experts see the theory they will publish a book on it, but as of yet there are no links for it.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Aha, a chance to be revolutionary! *INTX mad scientist laugh*

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I had a novel idea, and took the 2 CF quizzes and averaged the results. It looks exactly like INTP and INTJ combined. Specifically, INTJ within INTP. So I can only conclude I am in fact INTX, INTP dominant.

Ti
    Ni
    Ne
    Te
    Fi
    Si
    Se
    Fe

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I have another thought. What is I'm a closet extrovert? Up to age 7 I was very friendly and sociable, even to strangers. If there were other kids for me to play with, I would. I've always had a good imagination, but other kids liked it and thought I was fun. Then we moved and people thought I was weird. It was then that I started acting like an introvert, because I decided people didn't want to interact with me. But in my imaginary world I'm always popular and surrounded by a group of people. And I'm always energized when I interact with others. I only really feel like I need time alone to think about my ideas. It's just that being a little bit socially slow, and acting like an introvert, sometimes I'm awkward and I worry about what other people think of me. That's the thing that gets to be stressful, not the interaction itself. I like groups and parties, when I can put psychic shields up.

Also could a closet extrovert become Ni dominant?

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

I have another thought. What is I'm a closet extrovert? Up to age 7 I was very friendly and sociable, even to strangers. If there were other kids for me to play with, I would. I've always had a good imagination, but other kids liked it and thought I was fun. Then we moved and people thought I was weird. It was then that I started acting like an introvert, because I decided people didn't want to interact with me. But in my imaginary world I'm always popular and surrounded by a group of people. And I'm always energized when I interact with others. I only really feel like I need time alone to think about my ideas. It's just that being a little bit socially slow, and acting like an introvert, sometimes I'm awkward and I worry about what other people think of me. That's the thing that gets to be stressful, not the interaction itself. I like groups and parties, when I can put psychic shields up.

Also could a closet extrovert become Ni dominant?
    I think that I fluctuate between introversion and extraversion. I am not quite sure which one I am in my core. I am interested in the answer to this!!
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think it's entirely possible to fluctuate.

My new thought: my cognitive functions look a lot like INFJ. So I'm a potential closet extrovert, Ni dominant, F and T working together as appropriate to the situation, who most closely identifies with INTP. In other words a mystery. Which my Ti is compelled to figure out. Why don't I just choose a type and be done with it you ask? Because no matter which type I choose, someone is going to say I don't fit the type. Because I don't really fit any type. I guarantee if I was to pretend to be INFP and get on the INFP forum I'd be pissing people off right and left and they'd tell me to go to the NT section after awhile. And if I pretended to be INFJ I'd be hurting their feelings all the time and telling them to relax and not make everything so personal, and to stop judging. This has been my experience in real life anyway. So right now acting like INTP and not being convincing to some people is the best I can hope for.

Or I could just not put a type down, but I kind of feel personally attached to it. Because I've invested a lot of time and energy and thought in figuring this out, and it would seem to say it was a waste of time. I know most people don't think type really matters. But it matters disproportionately for me, because I don't really define myself internally. I find categories I fit, archetypes I reflect, and characteristics I seem to have, and I have a strong need to be noticed and acknowledged. I want to be able to just say one of those to someone and have them know things about me. I want an explanation for my behavior instead of just saying to people that I'm this unusual way because I'm weird. I want people to really understand who I am. And having that external validation lets me be sure of who I am. Also I want people to treat me like I see myself. If I told someone I was INFP for example, they might assume I am sensitive and not tell me the truth for fear of hurting my feelings. But I'm not like that. I get mad when people don't tell me the truth. I resent people assuming they know what I can and can't handle. And I'd rather someone just tell me they hate me and why than be wondering about it.

So that is the psychology behind me getting upset when people try to tell me I'm a different type, and why it matters to me to figure it out. I know that's not really how it is, and that I am who I am regardless of labels. I know type doesn't really "matter," and it's not about assessing me as a person. I'm in the process of trying to convince myself. Rearranging the furniture in my mind so to speak.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

My new thought: my cognitive functions look a lot like INFJ. So I'm a potential closet extrovert, Ni dominant, F and T working together as appropriate to the situation, who most closely identifies with INTP. In other words a mystery. Which my Ti is compelled to figure out. Why don't I just choose a type and be done with it you ask? Because no matter which type I choose, someone is going to say I don't fit the type. Because I don't really fit any type. I guarantee if I was to pretend to be INFP and get on the INFP forum I'd be pissing people off right and left and they'd tell me to go to the NT section after awhile. And if I pretended to be INFJ I'd be hurting their feelings all the time and telling them to relax and not make everything so personal, and to stop judging. This has been my experience in real life anyway. So right now acting like INTP and not being convincing to some people is the best I can hope for.
    People tell me Ti or Ni all the time, and I have my opinions about which particular one I am, but I don't go around advertising for it. Just decide which type bests fits you based on the evidence and you do not need to shove it down everyone's throat. So if you think you are INTP, that's all that matters and you don't need to tell anyone else, and in fact you don't even need to have your type up on display. For example, I list my type as YHWH and my enneagram as GOD so I don't piss people off when they go LOLOLOL US IS ISTP, or whatever. btw I voted INTJ for your type, but that is just my theory since you seem to be into Ni dominant themes like witchcraft and have Fi values like an INFP which is why people might mistake you for that type, unless you really are that type of course, but only you can decide!

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Right there with you. I think I have barely any preference between T & F, so it's pretty much indiscernible. I'm just going to plod along being confident that I am IN & P.
    ( . )( . )