User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's my type?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    7 28.00%
  • INFP

    16 64.00%
  • INTJ

    1 4.00%
  • other, or outside the box

    5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 233

  1. #121
    defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx
    Posts
    346

    Default

    I'm not sure why INFJs would be considered private. Fe is more self-disclosing than Fi.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

    Johari -- Nohari

    Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

  2. #122
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well then we can probably rule out INTJ.
    So what can't we rule out then with this information?

    INTP's aren't very private.

  3. #123
    defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    So what can't we rule out then with this information?

    INTP's aren't very private.
    INTPs and INFJs.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

    Johari -- Nohari

    Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

  4. #124
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    So maybe I'm a quadritype.
    INTX-->INFX

    I'll look more at INFJ, it just doesn't seem as much like me. But then as you say, they are hard to describe and pin down. And I am so different from my INFJ pagan friend that it's hard to believe we are the same type. We come to many of the same conclusions but in totally different ways. And she tells me my brain works like a computer. (And I was able to fix her computer the other day despite knowing very little about techie type stuff). She goes on these poetic monologues about spirituality and reality, and even when it is very organized, I'll condense it into one or 2 statements and automatically deduce the underlying principles without any reference to the human element. We are actually a great team this way and plan to write books together. She knows a lot of information and discusses it with me, and we bounce ideas off each other, and I organize it into a framework and expand upon it, and she applies it to the social sphere. (I know I said I do this with ethics, applying it to the social sphere, but in a rather impersonal way, and really just because of the nature of the subject of ethics). This is another reason I thought INTP- it looks like my dominant Ti and inferior Fe complimenting her auxiliary Fe and tertiary Ti. And as far as the other functions are concerned I just think I have atypical development, but I suppose it could be the case that we are the same type with radically different expressions and development of the functions (as well as life experiences).

  5. #125
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    So maybe I'm a quadritype.
    INTX-->INFX

    I'll look more at INFJ, it just doesn't seem as much like me. But then as you say, they are hard to describe and pin down. And I am so different from my INFJ pagan friend that it's hard to believe we are the same type. We come to many of the same conclusions but in totally different ways. And she tells me my brain works like a computer. (And I was able to fix her computer the other day despite knowing very little about techie type stuff). She goes on these poetic monologues about spirituality and reality, and even when it is very organized, I'll condense it into one or 2 statements and automatically deduce the underlying principles without any reference to the human element. We are actually a great team this way and plan to write books together. She knows a lot of information and discusses it with me, and we bounce ideas off each other, and I organize it into a framework and expand upon it, and she applies it to the social sphere. (I know I said I do this with ethics, applying it to the social sphere, but in a rather impersonal way, and really just because of the nature of the subject of ethics). This is another reason I thought INTP- it looks like my dominant Ti and inferior Fe complimenting her auxiliary Fe and tertiary Ti. And as far as the other functions are concerned I just think I have atypical development, but I suppose it could be the case that we are the same type with radically different expressions and development of the functions (as well as life experiences).
    I don't think you and your pagan friend are the same type. You're not as judging because you don't lead with a judging function. She's more judging because she is an ENFJ who leads with a judging function.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #126
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Could be.

  7. #127
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    I still think inferior Fe fits me better than inferior Se though.

  8. #128
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Ok, here is the link again to the specific profile I found that describes me well:
    http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTP_per.html

    I copied it to a word document and highlighted things which were particularly accurate and some which were not so accurate. Because I have developed Ni, for whatever reason- either I just do or I am actually INXJ, my memory of specifics in the past is kind of fuzzy and consists of general impressions. So I remembered it as being far more accurate than it is. But it's still pretty darn accurate. So here are the highlighted passages and my elaboration/explanation (in sections because it's long). If you want the full paragraphs and sentences in some cases instead of snippets, you can just open the link in another tab.

    Primary Axis: Introverted Thinking - Extraverted Intuition
    For here is the central goal of the INTP: to understand and seek truth.
    This could be argued for Fi as well as Ti, but this is pretty much my goal in life. It is above everything, and everything contributes to my sense of what is true, both objectively and subjectively (because ultimate reality is composed of both- it would be illogical to ignore either. Most of the time I focus on the objective however, because I am primarily analytical.) I want to attain enlightenment.
    The INTP is not interested in experiences themselves but is far more fascinated by concepts.
    Not so much, but this is because of my sense of detachment.
    ...most primary interests of an INTP are things which he cannot fully understand, usually because they are highly complex or have some exotic, mystical element that does not yield to analysis.
    Exotic and mystical? Like my spiritual ideas and philosophy? Yes!
    This is the real reason why INTPs are drawn to complexity: anything simple is too quickly understood and cannot hold the fascination for long. Similarly, proficiency in any area (which requires continual practice after understanding) is not such a driving force as it might be for NTJs, for example.
    Not so much, but I don't know. I really want to excel at things, but practicing is boring. I don't really lose interest in things after I've understood them. I like knowing things, and understanding things is beautiful.
    The Ti-Ne axis leads to a curious overriding desire to observe from a detached position, indicating the preference for intuitive perception with respect to external things.
    Yes. I feel such a strong need to detach from things, it's really abnormal and causes me to not really engage in life. It's a continual struggle to get myself to just live in the moment. When I do, I really enjoy myself. I can't take any pleasure in the idea of "losing my inhibitions" because that would mean operating unconsciously and letting my analytical mind go, which I can't do. I don't get drunk for its own sake. I like being kind of tipsy, but I've never done anything drunk that I wouldn't do sober, nor do I have the desire to. I find it hard to just relax and let go. I feel I need to be objectively aware of and in control of my actions at all times. I have kind of a fear of being unconscious.
    The INTP enjoys speculating about how a news item (for example) might be received by other people or how a point of view might offend certain types of people and be supported by yet other types; but to have a point of view of his own rarely seems relevant!
    Maybe. I never watch the news because it's just depressing and mostly irrelevant to my life. I don't like getting involved with human drama. I have a few things I care about, but I don't like hearing about negative things in relation to these things all the time. If something is triggered (Fi style) I will respond, but I won't enjoy it. When I have an opinion based on how things "should be," I always take an analytical and logical approach and argue in an objective style. I don't make it my primary business in life to have opinions based on judgments. So...I guess the point is that I detach from the news. I mean, I do have a value system; I just don't spend a lot of time there.

    End of part 1.

  9. #129
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Ok, here is the link again to the specific profile I found that describes me well:
    http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTP_per.html

    I copied it to a word document and highlighted things which were particularly accurate and some which were not so accurate. Because I have developed Ni, for whatever reason- either I just do or I am actually INXJ, my memory of specifics in the past is kind of fuzzy and consists of general impressions. So I remembered it as being far more accurate than it is. But it's still pretty darn accurate. So here are the highlighted passages and my elaboration/explanation (in sections because it's long). If you want the full paragraphs and sentences in some cases instead of snippets, you can just open the link in another tab.

    Primary Axis: Introverted Thinking - Extraverted Intuition
    For here is the central goal of the INTP: to understand and seek truth.
    This could be argued for Fi as well as Ti, but this is pretty much my goal in life. It is above everything, and everything contributes to my sense of what is true, both objectively and subjectively (because ultimate reality is composed of both- it would be illogical to ignore either. Most of the time I focus on the objective however, because I am primarily analytical.) I want to attain enlightenment.
    The INTP is not interested in experiences themselves but is far more fascinated by concepts.
    Not so much, but this is because of my sense of detachment.
    ...most primary interests of an INTP are things which he cannot fully understand, usually because they are highly complex or have some exotic, mystical element that does not yield to analysis.
    Exotic and mystical? Like my spiritual ideas and philosophy? Yes!
    This is the real reason why INTPs are drawn to complexity: anything simple is too quickly understood and cannot hold the fascination for long. Similarly, proficiency in any area (which requires continual practice after understanding) is not such a driving force as it might be for NTJs, for example.
    Not so much, but I don't know. I really want to excel at things, but practicing is boring. I don't really lose interest in things after I've understood them. I like knowing things, and understanding things is beautiful.
    The Ti-Ne axis leads to a curious overriding desire to observe from a detached position, indicating the preference for intuitive perception with respect to external things.
    Yes. I feel such a strong need to detach from things, it's really abnormal and causes me to not really engage in life. It's a continual struggle to get myself to just live in the moment. When I do, I really enjoy myself. I can't take any pleasure in the idea of "losing my inhibitions" because that would mean operating unconsciously and letting my analytical mind go, which I can't do. I don't get drunk for its own sake. I like being kind of tipsy, but I've never done anything drunk that I wouldn't do sober, nor do I have the desire to. I find it hard to just relax and let go. I feel I need to be objectively aware of and in control of my actions at all times. I have kind of a fear of being unconscious.
    The INTP enjoys speculating about how a news item (for example) might be received by other people or how a point of view might offend certain types of people and be supported by yet other types; but to have a point of view of his own rarely seems relevant!
    Maybe. I never watch the news because it's just depressing and mostly irrelevant to my life. I don't like getting involved with human drama. I have a few things I care about, but I don't like hearing about negative things in relation to these things all the time. If something is triggered (Fi style) I will respond, but I won't enjoy it. When I have an opinion based on how things "should be," I always take an analytical and logical approach and argue in an objective style. I don't make it my primary business in life to have opinions based on judgments. So...I guess the point is that I detach from the news. I mean, I do have a value system; I just don't spend a lot of time there.

    End of part 1.
    Now I'm not sure why you came across as more J than P before. Ti is a judging function, and it does tend to come out as J in a more detached and philosophical mode. Let's call it JI like some people do.

    I personal identify with a lot of what you're saying there. The Enneagram reveals that this detachment is really procrastination on a profound level. The MBTI will not tell you this. When you detach it's an excuse never to "get your life going," although you may think to be accomplishing something. But thousands of pages of perhaps excellent truth-seeking have actually gotten you no closer to the truth because it doesn't lie in any of those thoughts and words. It lies in getting out and interacting with reality, not hiding in the coven.

    None of this says what type you are, but type-searching is just another form of procrastination. Let's say you are INTP with developed Ni. Now go and do something useful and practical with this knowledge.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #130
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Now I'm not sure why you came across as more J than P before. Ti is a judging function, and it does tend to come out as J in a more detached and philosophical mode. Let's call it JI like some people do.

    I personal identify with a lot of what you're saying there. The Enneagram reveals that this detachment is really procrastination on a profound level. The MBTI will not tell you this. When you detach it's an excuse never to "get your life going," although you may think to be accomplishing something. But thousands of pages of perhaps excellent truth-seeking have actually gotten you no closer to the truth because it doesn't lie in any of those thoughts and words. It lies in getting out and interacting with reality, not hiding in the coven.

    None of this says what type you are, but type-searching is just another form of procrastination. Let's say you are INTP with developed Ni. Now go and do something useful and practical with this knowledge.


    Weelll, isn't analysis useful? I could write things. Once I fully understand how I fit into the system I could learn about it enough to modify it in inventive ways.

    Alright, deal. You are totally right. 5w4's need to interact with the world. I will spend no more than an hour a day on here.

Similar Threads

  1. Some points about me- your thoughts on my type and functions? :D
    By SwimmerGal97 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 09:45 PM
  2. [INTP] Thoughts on my type (INTP)?
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
  3. Musings on my type
    By Matthew_Z in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Thoughts on this type relationship
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 06:09 PM
  5. The Verdict on My Type
    By MerkW in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO