Multiple Choice Poll.
First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I knew an INTJ here who said he scored Ti as his top score on a functions test.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    From the OP: "constant commitment to being my best."

Note the contradictions and recall my quote above from Please Understand Me. "Being my best" is an ideal, while, "a good enough person" is the more enlightened view in the quote on NF Idealists.
    I guess this could kind of be a contradiction. Maybe contradictions comfortably exist in my mind somehow as long as they fit into a larger framework. By being my best I think specifically I mean making wise choices and living up to my potential. This aligns with being a good enough person- but I don't really like thinking in these terms so much anymore. I haven't really resolved the dilemma of what I think about "good" and "bad" people yet. I oppose overly judgmental views of the subject, and I resist anyone else's judgment of me as such, but I acknowledge that these categories could apply in some way- I would just prefer I think to use different labels.

I don't subscribe to the "one type per person" scenario. If you are only one type then you're not very well-rounded and probably mental, but I doubt that. MBTI tritypes and tertiary-loop theory apply very well here.

I don't care about INFP. Your own statements indicate J, so now the choice is forced between INTJ and INFJ.

"Well, this way of knowing truth I would say is pretty universal. I think the best way to know any truth is through one's intuition."
    "It seems like I have more of a judging communication style."
    "Although I as far as schedules and deadlines are concerned, they tend to make me commitment phobic. But they kind of also make me feel more comfortable." You're slightly more J.
    "I say I connect with the goddess and god energy, but this is not really in a theistic sense." I can't understand this from my INTP perspective.
    "I think of it more in terms of archetypes." I really dislike archetypes, but to each his own. Maybe some INTPs like them. But they are more Si.

I don't deny you're something like INXX because there is a narrow gap between the last two letters, but the tertiary-loop applies where you come across in your descriptions as overly introverted because of NiFi or NiTi or some other combination of introverted functions, along with the fact that you're very complex and very introspective. You've admitted above you don't know much about the tertiary loop. It will exclude Fe and prop up Ti in the INFJ type. If you want to consider more evidence, that's the direction to look.
    Cool. I will certainly look more into the tertiary loop.

A lot of people don't really understand pagan spirituality. It's ok. And pagans are unusual, complex, and well rounded people. Which is why I feel the need to use myself as an example of how to make the system more inclusive.

I knew an INTJ here who said he scored Ti as his top score on a functions test.
    Interesting. Lends evidence to the theory that CF development is highly variable and individual, making tritypes more valid.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I guess this could kind of be a contradiction. Maybe contradictions comfortably exist in my mind somehow as long as they fit into a larger framework. By being my best I think specifically I mean making wise choices and living up to my potential. This aligns with being a good enough person- but I don't really like thinking in these terms so much anymore. I haven't really resolved the dilemma of what I think about "good" and "bad" people yet. I oppose overly judgmental views of the subject, and I resist anyone else's judgment of me as such, but I acknowledge that these categories could apply in some way- I would just prefer I think to use different labels.

Cool. I will certainly look more into the tertiary loop.

A lot of people don't really understand pagan spirituality. It's ok. And pagans are unusual, complex, and well rounded people. Which is why I feel the need to use myself as an example of how to make the system more inclusive.

Interesting. Lends evidence to the theory that CF development is highly variable and individual, making tritypes more valid.
    Tritypes is more flexible. The issue with your self-descriptions is that only introverted functions predominate. And so tertiary loop theory also applies. When you see Ni and Ti coming out in your posts, the only question is which comes first. TiNi makes ISTP, and I doubt that's you. So it is TiNi, or INFJ.

Besides, I know some people here who like to go off "vibes." And from that perspective, your name and avatar vibe certain potentials. INTP is not one of them.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Tritypes is more flexible. The issue with your self-descriptions is that only introverted functions predominate. And so tertiary loop theory also applies. When you see Ni and Ti coming out in your posts, the only question is which comes first. TiNi makes ISTP, and I doubt that's you. So it is TiNi, or INFJ.
    Fair enough. You could be right, but I think my extroverted functions just don't really apply as much here. I think I use Ne at least as much as Ni in my everyday life.

Besides, I know some people here who like to go off "vibes." And from that perspective, your name and avatar vibe certain potentials. INTP is not one of them.
    Going off vibes alone is not critical thinking. And in assessing someone complex, you really have to use critical thinking. An INTP going off vibes is simply letting their Ne pick up on something, sending it to Ti to process and explore their personal associations with that thing, seeing how it fits into their internal framework, and spitting out a generalized stereotypical conclusion or label. It's ok, I do it too; but I'm working on it, and I'd like it if other people would as well.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Fair enough. You could be right, but I think my extroverted functions just don't really apply as much here. I think I use Ne at least as much as Ni in my everyday life.

Going off vibes alone is not critical thinking. And in assessing someone complex, you really have to use critical thinking. An INTP going off vibes is simply letting their Ne pick up on something, sending it to Ti to process and explore their personal associations with that thing, seeing how it fits into their internal framework, and spitting out a generalized stereotypical conclusion or label. It's ok, I do it too; but I'm working on it, and I'd like it if other people would as well.
    It's so uncritical it can't even be criticized, since feelings can't be judged. It's more along the lines of "I've seen so many INFPs use that kind of avatar, it must be an INFP thing. I haven't seen INFPs use your kind of avatar, therefore you're not one." Objective statistics can be used this way. "Only 25% of females score as Thinkers, so chances are you're a Feeler."

I prefer to think in terms of getting somewhere in life. Whether your Fe is inferior or not, it looks like a problem area that needs to be dealt with. But not the "values" aspect of it. Only the fact of being a social introvert (IF not Fi), if it's a problem, a source of anxiety. That's the rejection sensitivity. At least it's something practical to focus on.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

It's so uncritical it can't even be criticized, since feelings can't be judged. It's more along the lines of "I've seen so many INFPs use that kind of avatar, it must be an INFP thing. I haven't seen INFPs use your kind of avatar, therefore you're not one." Objective statistics can be used this way. "Only 25% of females score as Thinkers, so chances are you're a Feeler."
    So statistically it's a strong possibility, but it's an unexplored possibility. And making decisions without exploring possibilities for evidence is a lack of critical thinking. I don't agree that this is a behavior that can't be criticized; it is making a snap decision based on stereotypes.

I prefer to think in terms of getting somewhere in life. Whether your Fe is inferior or not, it looks like a problem area that needs to be dealt with. But not the "values" aspect of it. Only the fact of being a social introvert (IF not Fi), if it's a problem, a source of anxiety. That's the rejection sensitivity. At least it's something practical to focus on.
    Yeah true. I am working on it. Continuous development of myself to become my most functional.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

So statistically it's a strong possibility, but it's an unexplored possibility. And making decisions without exploring possibilities for evidence is a lack of critical thinking. I don't agree that this is a behavior that can't be criticized; it is making a snap decision based on stereotypes.
    Oh sure. I was talking about criticizing a judgment based on feelings, not the process itself. A simple "that's not proof" would suffice for that.

Yeah true. I am working on it. Continuous development of myself to become my most functional.
    Sounds INFJ.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Oh sure. I was talking about criticizing a judgment based on feelings, not the process itself. A simple "that's not proof" would suffice for that.

Sounds INFJ.
    INTJ's are also described as doing this. Ni thing? Envisioning how you want to be?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

INTJ's are also described as doing this. Ni thing? Envisioning how you want to be?
    I go back to Keirsey, ignoring the Fe question. You come across as the self-perfecting NF type.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Indeed, I have seen INTJs titled Intuitive Visionary, Supergenius Scientist, Determined Strategist, and Mastermind.

The bolded describe what you said about INTJ.