• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

i have an unstable past. help me figure out my type/functions? please and thanks

Othon

MBTI Type
INTP
hello, typologycentral. i'll get straight to the point to avoid wasting the time of those who are interested as well as those with the intention of helping. i'm a pretty insensitive self-centered individual (but well-intentioned), so much so that i was an outcast as a kid for being hard to tolerate and i've hated the idea that i might be a sociopath or something similar. i was also a nerd as a kid. i loved learning stuff and being smart. school, documentaries, picture-books about animals. that's what was up. i was quirky too; my mom gave me a lot of liberty to dress how i wanted, and it'd usually be very weird things. my favorite thing to wear was a white collar shirt with a pair of plaid blue-and-white shorts because i thought they looked kind of Scottish and cool like that. i also definitely looked up to my parents and teachers more than i related to my peers.

so for the longest time i've thought i'm an INTP because of my insensitivity and nerdiness, but comparing portraits of functional and dysfunction periods of my life make me question whether i'm more Fi or Fe (though both are unmistakingly underdeveloped)

functional periods of my life: like to adventurize and try new things with friends (including drugs) and nerd out. a little more liberal with my dressing, but still somewhat conventional. a little flamboyant. care about the world we live in and have strong feelings about social justice, sustainability, etc. very laid back and almost naive free-spirited attitude that everything will work out and if it doesn't then i'll make the best out of what happens. confident to the point of being charismatic even if i'm perceived to be quirky. feel close to my friends

dysfunctional: either feel really lonely or really overwhelmed with balancing my social life. reserved, self-conscious, very concerned with the way i come off and very concerned with being a good person who makes right choices. nihilistic world outlook that revolves around me. come off as a creeper. feel distant from friends even if i enjoy their company

interests: wikipedia, maps, psychology, chemistry, strategy and role playing games, economics, philosophy, MUSIC, the outdoors, friends

this is all i've got. pretty sure i'm some kind of XNXP. thanks for reading

edit: i should probably add that i relate to Ti more than Te, Si more than Se, and maybe Ne about the same as Ni

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm going with ENTP. You're desire to 'adventure and try new things', learning, drive for novelty (dressing like a Scottish person cause it's cool) as well as your wide range of interests suggests Ne dom. Also, looking up to your parents and teachers for guidance on things seems to suggest Fe to me, although in your case it may not be developed all that well. And you said yourself that you relate to Ti more so than Te, and I see no visible evidence of Te.

Enneagram wise, I'd say 7w6 so/sp. Part of that ties in with your desire to explore new boundaries, as well as having an eccentric and optimistic attitude towards things. So first because you do seem to care about your social acceptance as well as wanting social justice. sp second becuase I don't see any sx within your post.

So overall, ENTP 7w6 so/sp

Should be close to right, although more information would be welcome.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree sounds like ENTP. are you into any New age type spiritual stuff? Can you be very domineering with people or sometimes tactless despite having good intentions?

Also where you talked about your confidence but also being self conscious and worried about how others perceive you it reminded be of something I read that said ENTPs were likely to be compensatory narcissists. Basically trying to up insecurity or lack of self worth with over-the-top confidence and the illusion of superiority. That would be in contrast to the narcissism of an ESTP who actually does this they're god gift to earth.