• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DOM check, thanks!

Nakawaka

MBTI Type
free
1. Click on this link: http://www.flickr.com/explore/Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

7412726260_0d83426560.jpg

This is a coffee machine, but it is also a machine cow with customized liquid. It's interesting how we dissect "man-made" and "nature" especially with all the rage for eco-friendliness. I wonder how much we really changed since the "natural days" of farming or hunting/gathering.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Definitely shock. It will be like, “no way, really?”
I’ll probably stay back and just watch others check the engine or something and think about the circumstances and provide alternatives when necessary.
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I’ll probably feel pressured to go if I can’t get enough of my friend’s company. I’m not a party person so unless I have more interesting engagements to go home for, I’ll probably sit around and…entertain myself and observe.
I'd miss some fun if we didn't go, but it would be safer. I'd leave that to vote. And honestly, I don't know how fun the party would be; it would still be a risk despite the driver's statement.
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

First, I’d be disappointed. I’d express my viewpoints but it wouldn’t take long before I feel discouraged to continue any further because it’s *not worth my time*. This quick judgement results in a bit of anger because there’s so much loaded in my head but if I feel this person is not worthy of my explanations, the information in my head reaches a blockage. I judge negatively of the person. I don’t like having my viewpoints dissected by this thing called “logic” and I’d feel alone if I’m the only one endorsing my view.

But then, I can’t rewire their gut mainly because I don’t believe in it.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Two possibilities:
a) “I guess I’ll just change or add on to the way I think then”
b) “What is this…I don’t even…” or in other words, “I can’t believe I just attempted to probe into this person’s mindset or tried to rationalized this idea because this is just absurd”
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Compassion, because the ability to facilitate another is a sign of strength.
I think truth lies on the way people can exercise their true potential. I don’t have any explanation why, though, besides that it wouldn’t be interesting if nothing happened. This somewhat led me to the basic of Enlightenment that people should operate under their own reason and as there characteristics are in the same way fish should be happy in their right water temperature. So my pittance to people who fell out because of social harmony.

There is a part of me that wants to say “Life is not profound”. Everything that seems to be profound is a product of naivety and is merely a way of living or thinking that already exists. But if it means giving our life direction, and to just be human, it is *ok*. I imagine that by the time one is old, it will be like conquering our own versions of “Goliath (ignorance)” and that’s the way people should be.
And they change with experience when I expanded my world view. When I see how shitty this world really is, I’ll probably think something else although I don’t guarantee susceptibility.

I don’t believe in obligations in interpersonal relations. Sometimes moral dilemma occurs on what I should do but it doesn’t prevent demotivation and stress.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I’m pretty damn awkward. I have trouble meeting strangers because there seems to be too much I can say. Like a seizure, I guess.
b) I wish to be more informed. I wish I can be a bold and fearless extrovert because I imagine that sensation to be like adrenaline. Actually, I already do that with friends. I just wish I can do this with strangers provided that I have the interest to do so.
Oh, and I wish can find my keys for once and do things on schedule and according to as planned. Just quick snap movements instead of dilly dallying.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Acknowledged. Expressing them right away is not always wise however. If I try to suppress them though, I found from experience that I’ll only lead myself to chaos.
a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

A) Silly retarded conversation with friends, losing myself in RPG’s and drawing. Thinking about past mistakes and how I’m still embodying in me the flaws but there is more relief than energy when I reflect.
B)It seems like I can’t stay in groups for long especially if I have no relations I really approve of because then I’ll feel too “owned”. Oh, and work with deadlines. Actually just deadlines others set on me causes some complications because I’m not efficient with how I prioritize tasks.
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
b) I reserve my judgements on people. Let them fulfil, for example their needs/self-assertion/glory if lecturing on values.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Click on this link: http://www.flickr.com/explore/Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Oops. Forgot to copy it. But here goes:

Girl on lonely hike inundated with beautiful blue butterflies who won't come close so she tries to capture them the only way she can with her cam, and as they swirl about, she and they exist in this surreal world of amber hue (which makes her nostalgic for the child within her), never before experienced or expected. And in their dreams they hope they will finally merge in the middle of the figure 8 as they juxtapose themselves into each others' lives.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

A little panicky, but controlled. Then giving up to the moment, figuring someone will come along to help.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I never trust anyone else to be DD. I am usually in charge in such situations, with friends, as I usually am the last to 'let go.' Since I am likely the one driving, I also get to call the shots of when we leave, etc. :smile:

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inwardly: Note it.

Outwardly: Say something diplomatic and maybe try to figure more out about what she believe, if I'm interested enough, or is I'm not very opinionated already about the subject. I mostly keep my strongest opinions to myself. And I abhor trying to defend what I believe to the point I just won't bother.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

If it's coming from a source that I respect or love, I'll dive deep into it and give it every benefit of every doubt, and likely my stance will change, even if it just means becoming less judgmental about it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Mothering. Attachment parenting. God. Being present with others. Love.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I'm sorta weird and I do things my own way, which is usually not how everyone else does it. I like to talk about avante garde subjects and I like to go deep. Deeper than most everyone I know, save perhaps by bff. :heart:

I *wish* I could be more live-in-the-moment. Or carefree.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

My opinions and feelings. I don't want to push myself on anyone. I am used to not really being wanted. Don't mean to make it sound that bad, but it's essentially true.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

A pile of rocks on a beach. (I lost the link.) I didn't care too much for the picture, but I was pleased that there were no people in it. People almost always spoil a good picture.

Anxiety, disappointment. Stuff like that.

Anxious, and ambivalent. I don't like parties.

That depends on what mood I'm in. Annoyed at least, but I don't feel the need to necessarily respond. There are a variety of options. I could argue and debate. I could make a friendly joke about it. But if I do choose to respond, it won't be immediately, especially if I don't know this person well. It will be a thought-out response that weighs various choices against one another. And by the time I choose to utter a response it might be too late.

I'm not particularly judgmental.

"Values" as in principles? Logic, objectivity. They can alter somewhat by allowing me to go with the flow for a change. I've known for decades how engaging in a lot of intellectually discussion gives me a "drier" personality, and my responses to others become more robot-like. The only way to avoid this scenario is by avoiding intellectual discussions.

But I married an ISFP who is good at breaking me out of that shell. Not too much, however, not like an ESFP, that relationship would require an uncomfortable amount of socializing. One-on-one socializing is good enough.

l suppose I want to be more socially adept. But that ties into a wider issue, which is my ability to deal with the external world in general, whether that involves people, work, or being stranded on the side of the road.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a. Coming up with new ideas.
b. Socializing. Parties.

Probably anger.