• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type am I? So much internal conflict!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How exactly does that work? I'm not sure if this matters, it may interfere with typing myself properly but I know for sure that my enneagram tritype is 318.

Typing yourself properly involves reading various type descriptions and deciding which ones fit you best, second best, and then third best. It's easier to start with the type descriptions that you guess are close to your proper type, such as ENFJ, INFJ, and ENTJ.

What is a proper type anyway?

Nicki

Retired
Typing yourself properly involves reading various type descriptions and deciding which ones fit you best, second best, and then third best. It's easier to start with the type descriptions that you guess are close to your proper type, such as ENFJ, INFJ, and ENTJ.

What is a proper type anyway?

I've read every type description. I really don't know what fits me the best though. INFJ, ISFJ, and ENTJ are the type descriptions from personality page that I identify with most really. I really don't identify with any ENFJ descriptions though mostly everyone is telling me I seem like one. I literally have about the same amount of Fi and Fe and both are really high whenever I take a cognitive functions test. I always get ENTJ on MBTI tests though. I have no idea, what do you think a proper type is? Thanks a lot for helping me by the way, I really appreciate it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've read every type description. I really don't know what fits me the best though. INFJ, ISFJ, and ENTJ are the type descriptions from personality page that I identify with most really. I really don't identify with any ENFJ descriptions though mostly everyone is telling me I seem like one. I literally have about the same amount of Fi and Fe and both are really high whenever I take a cognitive functions test. I always get ENTJ on MBTI tests though. I have no idea, what do you think a proper type is? Thanks a lot for helping me by the way, I really appreciate it.

I think proper type is an illusory concept invented to keep you searching for the best answer to your type.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How exactly does that work? I'm not sure if this matters, it may interfere with typing myself properly but I know for sure that my enneagram tritype is 318.

Pssst, you've got two gut types in your tritype.... No bueno.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think proper type is an illusory concept invented to keep you searching for the best answer to your type.

I could buy that actually. I even have my own more....extreme, (?), theory that MBTI was entirely fabricated by Isabel and Katharine so as to induce people to develop a view of shared acceptance with individual differences. In other words a subtle method of nudging people towards consideration of each other. Afterall isn't that what this theory is for really, when you break it down?

I wonder if they even believed in their own type system.....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pssst, you've got two gut types in your tritype.... No bueno.

That's true, I didn't look closely enough at that to notice because it's really not the topic. But thanks!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could buy that actually. I even have my own more....extreme, (?), theory that MBTI was entirely fabricated by Isabel and Katharine so as to induce people to develop a view of shared acceptance with individual differences.

I wonder if they even believed in their own type system.....

Yes, you are an extremist. Kind of like Stewie.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh well I took a test. Now someone tells me that I've been making a fool of myself. -_- Lol, but thanks!

haha, no you're not, you're just new... I think I did the same thing in my head, but ended up asking someone or something before making that declaration of tritype...

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh well I took a test. Now someone tells me that I've been making a fool of myself. -_- Lol, but thanks!

Oh, please, I did the same thing for ages before learning more about the Enneagram. :p It's not a biggie.
Either way, if you identify with types 3 & 8, those are generally pretty extroverted types. Take it as you may.

edit: 7 also tends to be extroverted.

Nicki

Retired
haha, no you're not, you're just new... I think I did the same thing in my head, but ended up asking someone or something before making that declaration of tritype...

Lol that's my "excuse." Ah okay, what's your tritype?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol that's my "excuse." Ah okay, what's your tritype?

As of now, 649, it has varied a lot in the process though. It's kind of a complicated system in a way.

Nicki

Retired
Hmm, what about ENFP? I'm honestly so sorry for bothering you all. I can't make a decision at all regarding this. Yes, I nearly always get ENTJ on tests but when I read the descriptions, it doesn't seem me. I have no desire to be a leader really, just to be an individual and not be influenced very much by others. I'm really sure that I'm an Fi/Te over Fe/Ti. Reading unhealthy Fe actually frightens me and I know what Ti is but I'm not sure if I use it.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My vote is ENFJ as well. Your posts screaaammm Fe-dom. I see Fi, but it's only natural that feelers experience a bit of both types of feeling, and thinkers experience a bit of both types of thinking -- but I recognize it more often in feelers... not sure why. Here's a little difference between the two, in terms of language:

Fe statements are often "People should... ", "It's only polite to...", "They should treat him/her/them like ..." (insert a social role, such a mother, boss, leader), "It's not right to ... (insert social statement here, such as "ignore someone when they're speaking to you", etc.)

Fi statements are often "He/she/it feels...", "Your pet feels lonely..." (My ISFP mother says this all the time about her dog), "They shouldn't treat him/her/it/them ..." ( insert something relating to a feeling/injustice/emotional adjective, such "...like they are unwanted" or "... like they don't matter"), "It's not right to ..." (in regards to respecting another's feelings)

I think some (like myself in the past) mistakenly feel anything related to oneself is Fi. But if it's in regards to oneself as a social role, for instance... that's Fe. Such as "They should treat me respectfully since I'm their mother"

As far as the Ni/Si goes, I think auxiliary Ni makes more sense than auxiliary Si. But I don't have any strong feedback on that one :p

Thanks, this Fe vs. Fi description helps me understand them more. I'm certain I use Fe more than Fi. I'll probably be quoting this to people who say otherwise. ;)

And FWIW I was originally thinking INFP, because everything in the OP seemed like it; but now I can see ENFJ, so I'll go with that.

Oh, okay, yeah! I have long thought functions worked in pairs, especially the dom with the aux and tert, which is part of why I also believe the tert is usually preferred in the opposite orientation to the dom.

Still, I wonder about your Ni-slave-to-Fe statement regarding working through conflict. Perhaps it is more a comfort with developing my other functions, like Ne and Se, etc., that makes me want to tackle differences versus avoiding them at this point in my life. ?

And this bit is helpful too. (Yeah for me Si goes with F for sure).

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I enjoy future thinking if it is a speculation of some fictional, 'probably-not-gunna-happen' nature. Actually I do occasionally get extremely energised by thinking about future advances and things I wish to achieve in the future, but they are nearly always fairly short term.

Anything longer and I see divergent pathways, many fatalistic, although one or two are of a positive and interesting nature. On the subject of fatalistic, I am ever annoyed by my mothers overly conservationist mentality.

She acts as if not maintaining certain standards or routines will result in a breakdown of the universe and the death of the human race by a giant indescribable monster with the face of Michael Barrymore....ok I added that last bit. But the other day she moaned and claimed we would start being fined by the recycling committee of the local council because I.......PUT.....ONE.....PLASTIC.....CONTAINER......IN THE BIN.....AS OPPOSED.....TO.....THE......RECYCLING.....BOX!!!

However I realise this is somewhat of a projection of my own fatalistic thinking, which I may or may not have picked up from her.

Personally ive been developing a view that young SJ types, especially the extraverted ones, are extremely subject to their environment, so much so that an SJ from one generation will have completely different standards and opinions when compared to those SJ's of a different generation.

Of course this could easily be applied to ANY type at ANY time. However the difference is that whole ' Si = upholding traditions' idea that many people seem to have, one which ive tried to dispel for a while but instead have given up on, so instead let us pretend that I accept such a premise as true.

If this is the case then the perceptions of Si will be filtered through the framework evaluations of Fe and Te into an upholding + conservation of whatever system or tradition or 'insert context here' they happen to have been brought up with and which happens to have left the biggest impression as is Si's main component.

Thus my idea of conservation is different to that of my mum's, I have been brought up in an age of 'enlightenment', (har-de-har), an age where the values are far removed and different from those of my mothers age, therefore I am more likely to find myself upholding things which will not be considered 'SJ' because most people have trouble looking past the locked doors of what they have been told something is. For example I value individuality and creativity, because ironically that is what everyone is being raised and encouraged to value. I value difference as well as similarity, because that is what we are being raised to value...see the pattern?

Ive never understood the rather shortsighted view of people such as David 'what a cunt' Keirsey who seems to put forth the idea, (indirectly), that being of an SJ temperament or type immediately sends your mind back into an alternate timeline of standards called '1950's America'.

In any case to me; it is all about context.

Good insight about SJ and generations. Seems true.

Nicki

Retired
That post about SJs makes complete sense. Am I the only one who gets annoyed by Keirsey's description of personality types? For some inexplicable reason, I always end up rolling my eyes.

Nicki

Retired
I am definitely an enfp. Fe is not my thing. I think I was stuck in an Ne-Te loop for some of my childhood. I had major depression and after 11, never went a day without thinking about suicide. While I was in 8th grade and annoyed everyone through my loop, I felt extremely hurt and sad. I was reclusive and somewhere during that time, I think I developed Fi. I delved deeper into my feelings and morals, and for the first time in my life, everyone talked to me about their problems and I'd play the part of a therapist. I think that seriously helped. Now I show signs of being an ENFP. Thank you all so much for helping me through this experience of finding out who I am. Truly, I mean it.