• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type am I? So much internal conflict!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Threads like this also validate my a-sociability and avoidance. Because I was the first commenter to make the ENFJ call, although I had some reservations about JCF. But the prize is going to commenters later on who decided on ENFJ as your type.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sorry, mal, i didn't know you said it first. I don't always read every post.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My vote is ENFJ as well. Your posts screaaammm Fe-dom. I see Fi, but it's only natural that feelers experience a bit of both types of feeling, and thinkers experience a bit of both types of thinking -- but I recognize it more often in feelers... not sure why. Here's a little difference between the two, in terms of language:

Fe statements are often "People should... ", "It's only polite to...", "They should treat him/her/them like ..." (insert a social role, such a mother, boss, leader), "It's not right to ... (insert social statement here, such as "ignore someone when they're speaking to you", etc.)

Fi statements are often "He/she/it feels...", "Your pet feels lonely..." (My ISFP mother says this all the time about her dog), "They shouldn't treat him/her/it/them ..." ( insert something relating to a feeling/injustice/emotional adjective, such "...like they are unwanted" or "... like they don't matter"), "It's not right to ..." (in regards to respecting another's feelings)

I think some (like myself in the past) mistakenly feel anything related to oneself is Fi. But if it's in regards to oneself as a social role, for instance... that's Fe. Such as "They should treat me respectfully since I'm their mother"

As far as the Ni/Si goes, I think auxiliary Ni makes more sense than auxiliary Si. But I don't have any strong feedback on that one :p

Nicki

Retired
Threads like this also validate my a-sociability and avoidance. Because I was the first commenter to make the ENFJ call, although I had some reservations about JCF. But the prize is going to commenters later on who decided on ENFJ as your type.

There's no prize though, I thanked everyone and I remember you were the first one to say that lol, you kept saying I was an ENFJ so how could I forget?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sorry, mal, i didn't know you said it first. I don't always read every post.

Comment #7 on page 1: "You are somewhere between INFJ and ENFJ. If forced to choose, I'd go with ENFJ because the MBTI relates to your external persona. It may be the case that you see yourself in a different light internally. But that's because you have a thinking process that is highly intellectual in comparison to the person your friends see you as."

Randomnity had the right idea before that. He chose both Ni and Fe, but he decided that Ni was dominant without explaining why.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Comment #7 on page 1: "You are somewhere between INFJ and ENFJ. If forced to choose, I'd go with ENFJ because the MBTI relates to your external persona. It may be the case that you see yourself in a different light internally. But that's because you have a thinking process that is highly intellectual in comparison to the person your friends see you as."

Randomnity had the right idea before that. He chose both Ni and Fe, but he decided that Ni was dominant without explaining why.

I think I was typing my long-ass post, perhaps, when you were posting, is what happened.

Interesting though, to the bolded. I know this isn't about me, but I want to share :queenie: that my friends see me as extraverted, when given a choice between introverted and extraverted. I guess that is because when engaging, they feel my Fe at work. I am, I believe, Ni dom. But who knows what I would have been if I had not had a slightly dysfunctional childhood. Would I have been more Fe dom? I'm not sure. My bio mom is Ni dom and my bio dad is Fe dom, so I think perhaps I got both fairly strongly in my genetic code, and I cannot r/o that my life circumstances made me more Ni dom......Yet I do not enjoy crowds and never have.....Nor groups, etc.

And I'm still puzzling over your Ni serving Fe statement....and cannot reconcile it yet. :huh:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I think I was typing my long-ass post, perhaps, when you were posting, is what happened.

Interesting though, to the bolded. I know this isn't about me, but I want to share :queenie: that my friends see me as extraverted, when given a choice between introverted and extraverted. I guess that is because when engaging, they feel my Fe at work. I am, I believe, Ni dom. But who knows what I would have been if I had not had a slightly dysfunctional childhood. Would I have been more Fe dom? I'm not sure. My bio mom is Ni dom and my bio dad is Fe dom, so I think perhaps I got both fairly strongly in my genetic code, and I cannot r/o that my life circumstances made me more Ni dom......Yet I do not enjoy crowds and never have.....Nor groups, etc.

And I'm still puzzling over your Ni serving Fe statement....and cannot reconcile it yet. :huh:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Initially I mentally disagreed with you about ENFJ, but then you swayed me. *gives prize*

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

She mostly went for that without really thinking, to be honest, since we get so very few extroverts here and the OP mentioned being quiet. There seemed to be quite a large focus on future/goals, as well. I agree that ENFJ looks like a better fit especially with the later clarifications by the OP. :)

Little_Sticks

There is also the possibility that in JCF you are Ni dominant, but in the MBTI you're an ENFJ. I'm not flip-flopping but only pointing to the fact that these are not the same system, because they have very different ideas of what an extravert is.

I can take a whole watermelon and describe it as it is.
I can then take a whole watermelon, cut it in half, and describe each half of the watermelon as if they were separate; however, to do so destroys the concept of the whole watermelon. In other words, whether you see JCF and MBTI as mutually exclusive is how you choose to look at it and not necessarily objectively true, as there can also be truth in them being mutually inclusive.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I remember Jung writing once that the best way to discern type isn't by looking at the dom/aux. He said something like: the auxilary can be just as strong or seem even stronger than the dominant function. You need to look at the inferior function, what is their cross to bear?

Jaguar

I hate it when people aren't good at making conversation. It's rude and annoying.

Let me guess - you're that person on the airplane who won't STFU when I'm trying to read my book. ;)

Nicki

Retired
Let me guess - you're that person on the airplane who won't STFU when I'm trying to read my book. ;)

Lol xD I would hate it if I were trying to talk to you and you told me to STFU, yes, but nah, I'd probably harass you about what your book was about though haha.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can take a whole watermelon and describe it as it is.
I can then take a whole watermelon, cut it in half, and describe each half of the watermelon as if they were separate; however, to do so destroys the concept of the whole watermelon. In other words, whether you see JCF and MBTI as mutually exclusive is how you choose to look at it and not necessarily objectively true, as there can also be truth in them being mutually inclusive.

I don't split them like that because the MBTI borrowed bits and pieces from Jung, and then added on J and P.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Perhaps I should say that one side without the other is less functional than the two working together. The dom and aux distinctions treat them separately, but when I'm at my creative best they work together. Now how other combinations work together is a question I'd have to ask those of other types. But Aleda gave a great example of how the controlling function learns to work with the auxiliary and not treat it as the enemy. I can't say that I've had that particular problem, they simply work apart from each other, kind of like a "work" side (Ti) and a "play" side (Ne).

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps I should say that one side without the other is less functional than the two working together. The dom and aux distinctions treat them separately, but when I'm at my creative best they work together. Now how other combinations work together is a question I'd have to ask those of other types. But Aleda gave a great example of how the controlling function learns to work with the auxiliary and not treat it as the enemy. I can't say that I've had that particular problem, they simply work apart from each other, kind of like a "work" side (Ti) and a "play" side (Ne).

Oh, okay, yeah! I have long thought functions worked in pairs, especially the dom with the aux and tert, which is part of why I also believe the tert is usually preferred in the opposite orientation to the dom.

Still, I wonder about your Ni-slave-to-Fe statement regarding working through conflict. Perhaps it is more a comfort with developing my other functions, like Ne and Se, etc., that makes me want to tackle differences versus avoiding them at this point in my life. ?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember Jung writing once that the best way to discern type isn't by looking at the dom/aux. He said something like: the auxilary can be just as strong or seem even stronger than the dominant function. You need to look at the inferior function, what is their cross to bear?

Using that method, Adela comes out as Ni-dom.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My vote is ENFJ as well. Your posts screaaammm Fe-dom. I see Fi, but it's only natural that feelers experience a bit of both types of feeling, and thinkers experience a bit of both types of thinking -- but I recognize it more often in feelers... not sure why. Here's a little difference between the two, in terms of language:

Fe statements are often "People should... ", "It's only polite to...", "They should treat him/her/them like ..." (insert a social role, such a mother, boss, leader), "It's not right to ... (insert social statement here, such as "ignore someone when they're speaking to you", etc.)

Fi statements are often "He/she/it feels...", "Your pet feels lonely..." (My ISFP mother says this all the time about her dog), "They shouldn't treat him/her/it/them ..." ( insert something relating to a feeling/injustice/emotional adjective, such "...like they are unwanted" or "... like they don't matter"), "It's not right to ..." (in regards to respecting another's feelings)

I think some (like myself in the past) mistakenly feel anything related to oneself is Fi. But if it's in regards to oneself as a social role, for instance... that's Fe. Such as "They should treat me respectfully since I'm their mother"

As far as the Ni/Si goes, I think auxiliary Ni makes more sense than auxiliary Si. But I don't have any strong feedback on that one :p

I like the Fe/Fi statements. The Fi ones remind me of my ISFP wife. Recently when my dog came in here to visit me, I (playing along with my wife's Fi statements) told her he was just lonely. She said "No..." So I said, "Ok, it's that he knows that I was lonely." And she went on to say that dogs are perceptive that way, which is true...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think you are an Fe type, especially since you think it's rude to be a poor conversationalist. However, you may be an IxFJ, I'm not sure you're an Fe dom.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you are an Fe type, especially since you think it's rude to be a poor conversationalist. However, you may be an IxFJ, I'm not sure you're an Fe dom.

I don't believe people are limited to a single type, but that their personality traits are spread across a spectrum. So my best guess is that she is 1. ENFJ, 2. INFJ, 3. INFP, in order of strength. The fact that she is conflicted over type should tell you that some other type comes in a close second. So while the consensus says ENFJ, I wouldn't rule out the idea that some other type is almost as predominant.