First 123412 Last

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I dunno, seems like the paint is flaking off the bottom of the wall to reveal a touch of Se... could just be me though.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Ah okay. Really? Thanks a lot! Though what makes you think ENFJ?
    Because you self-described in J terms. Even your OP was very J like. You made F and N statements. You seem conflicted over I and E. You seem F on the outside and N on the inside (Fe and Ni). The only question is which comes first, or which dominates. I chose F because your friends describe you as extraverted, and because you like the feeling you get from helping others.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Also on the INFJ possibility, I think you're not a Ni-dom. I don't know what

Attracted to symbolic actions or devices, Ni synthesizes seeming paradoxes to create the previously unimagined. These realizations come with a certainty that demands action to fulfill a new vision of the future, solutions that may include complex systems or universal truths.
    has to do with actual future planning. Future planning seems more of a Te process. Ni is just good at envisioning the consequences from a pool of variables (only the first point you make talks about that, and it does not actually give any examples.). But it doesn't concern itself with personal goals or ideals.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Also on the INFJ possibility, I think you're not a Ni-dom. I don't know what

has to do with actual future planning. Future planning seems more of a Te process. Ni is just good at envisioning the consequences from a pool of variables (only the first point you make talks about that, and it does not actually give any examples.). But it doesn't concern itself with personal goals or ideals.
    The key word there is "vision." Ni is a visionary type. I didn't see anything like that in the OP. So that's another reason to go with ENFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I dunno, seems like the paint is flaking off the bottom of the wall to reveal a touch of Se... could just be me though.
    Lol what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Because you self-described in J terms. Even your OP was very J like. You made F and N statements. You seem conflicted over I and E. You seem F on the outside and N on the inside (Fe and Ni). The only question is which comes first, or which dominates. I chose F because your friends describe you as extraverted, and because you like the feeling you get from helping others.
    Oh okay, I see. Thank you! So do I just have a well developed Fi?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh okay. I'm not sure because I actually do get energized from interacting with people. ENTJ and I agree with the descriptions but I'm just not feeling it. My cognitive functions tests are all weird.
    Ah, you might be extroverted then. Cognitive function tests are completely off for me but I had some luck with the MBTI tests, particularly if you take multiple ones and try to answer honestly. They at least help with identifying T/F and I/E, the other two functions are a little more problematic since many tests conflate intelligence with N and neatness with J.

Really? How so? :P
    Most S descriptions you'll find online are written by intuitives who don't really have a great understanding about sensors, so for example the INFJ descriptions will be all "visionary! brilliant! almost psychic knowledge of other people!" and the ISFJ description will be like "cleans the house so well! not too bright but tries really hard!" The ISTP descriptions nearly all suggest that we should be mechanics, racecar drivers and pro sports players. Etc. So this leads to a lot of Ss who consider themselves intelligent to mistype as N, since we don't identify with the "dumb jock" depicted in many online type descriptions.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Oh okay, I see. Thank you! So do I just have a well developed Fi?
    No, I think you have Ni auxiliary in statements such as "I don't mean this in a bad way but my goals and dreams are much bigger than theirs." Internally, as I said, you're an intuitive. Externally, you're a feeler.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think we need more information and more examples of how you function in real life to make a better assesment. You are much more than the OP's post alone.

I'm still thinking INFP myself though, but ENFJ is not such a far cry either (because there's not a whole lot of information to go on and it's cognative function wise vague at best in some points), maybe you could focus on the differences between those two types and find your answer. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    No, I think you have Ni auxiliary in statements such as "I don't mean this in a bad way but my goals and dreams are much bigger than theirs." Internally, as I said, you're an intuitive. Externally, you're a feeler.
    Ah I see. I asked that because many others were saying that they saw Fi in my post. Thanks again for clarifying.