Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    How do you interpret this statement typologically?

'Lana Del Rey has revealed she found it "scary" when people decided they didn't like her following her rise to superstardom last year.'
    Well people hated on her pretty hard. I find it scary sometimes when even vindictive nerd boys on-line form little groups that hate me. If I was famous, I would find it a bit disturbing that there were large swaths of sheeple that had congregated together to not just dislike me or ignore me, but HATE ME.

I mean look at how much social anxiety she has in some of her interviews and how nervous she acted in her SNL performance (that was social anxiety, not lack of talent).

I don't think that says that she has either Fi or Fe, but just that she's a very sensitive F type...with an anxiety disorder or pathological shyness.

Do You Really Hate Lana del Rey?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well people hated on her pretty hard. I find it scary sometimes when even vindictive nerd boys on-line form little groups that hate me. If I was famous, I would find it a bit disturbing that there were large swaths of sheeple that had congregated together to not just dislike me or ignore me, but HATE ME.

I mean look at how much social anxiety she has in some of her interviews and how nervous she acted in her SNL performance (that was social anxiety, not lack of talent).

I don't think that says that she has either Fi or Fe, but just that she's a very sensitive F type...with an anxiety disorder or pathological shyness.

Do You Really Hate Lana del Rey?
    I've seen a lot of these kiddie attacks on celebrities and movies on the internet this year. More than ever before. It's just a craze that started with Rebecca Black that consists primarily of hyperbole and attention-whoring.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I dont know what anyone else thinks, whether they like or dislike her, but cheers for telling me about this person, I actually like Lana Del Rey's songs.

I just listened to some on youtube and im not going to start defending or defaming her, I just enjoy the sound.

Although maybe some lyrics are a little cheesy on some songs but that isn't always the most important thing.

ps: This shows how out of touch I am with common opinions and trends lol. Not the hating or liking her part, the fact that I hadn't heard her music.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I dont know what anyone else thinks, whether they like or dislike her, but cheers for telling me about this person, I actually like Lana Del Rey's songs.

I just listened to some on youtube and im not going to start defending or defaming her, I just enjoy the sound.

Although maybe some lyrics are a little cheesy on some songs but that isn't always the most important thing.
    Well yeah if you dislike her you dislike her, but hating her seems to be a trend with some people. As if she represents ANYTHING politically or financially or otherwise important. She's not the president, she's not a senator,she's not a CEO of a corporation, she doesn't work on Wall Street, she's not even an upper class girl - she's from the middle class. She's not even a loud feminist voice like Gloria Steinham. She's a musician.

People seem to be up in arms that she was once Lizzy Grant, apparently not at all aware that Eminem was once called Marshall Mathers (no, actually I'm pretty sure he shares that info), and that Pat Benetar, new wave queen of the early 80's, started out as an opera singer and was called "too Julie Andrews to do rock and roll."

It's not unusual for a PERFORMER to change their name, or their style (David Bowie and Madonna do it every few years); and it's also completely reasonable for an artist to build an artistic image around a particular concept or aesthetic the artist likes. I mean what is an artist, a real artist, other than someone who either reinvents themselves or the world around them...or both?

Hatred of Lana del Rey weirds me out, and because I love her stuff so much I tend to go overboard defending her probably, but on the other hand it seems so illogical to me to hate someone for being ...um...a performer and an artist. Big whoop. She changed her name and her fashion....um yeah, she was a broke college student when she was Lizzy Grant, it probably took a little more cash to build the particular fashion aesthetic she really wanted to create for herself.

I'm not big on hating on these types of performers, though. I even kind of like Lady Gaga, though I don't like her as much as I like Lana del Rey.

I mean I find Justin Bieber annoying, but I don't want him to die or anything, you know.

I like some of her songs. I think people tend to hate her because she seems artificial. Her performance on SNL wasn't too great either.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    By Justin Bieber? I'm sure he must have had a ghost writer. The kid thinks the Sistine Chapel is the Sixteenth Chapel.

Enneagram

By Justin Bieber? I'm sure he must have had a ghost writer. The kid thinks the Sistine Chapel is the Sixteenth Chapel.
    The onion is a satirical fake news site.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    The onion is a satirical fake news site.
    Oh yes, sowwy. I don't get out of the forum much.

Enneagram

Oh yes, sowwy. I don't get out of the forum much.
    if it makes you feel better, they fooled the Chinese media.