• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Try typing me based on this info (straightforward)

Chocobo Breeder

Any fun and friendly people want to try typing me? If you already saw what was listed under my avatar previously please ignore that thought for a moment. Any polite help will be appreciated, thank you for any replies in advance! (I have a feeling nobody will reply now, I made too many restrictions lol)

Extraversion
I am seen as “outgoing” or as a “people person.” - Some people I am close to think this.
I feel comfortable in groups and like working in them. - They are fun as long as it's not an important task, or I might be double checking their work.
I have a wide range of friends and know lots of people. - My friends have unique personalities and lifestyles, I have quite a few close friends so I tend to push acquaintances away since I don't need any more ties haha.
I sometimes jump too quickly into an activity and don’t allow enough time to think it over. - It's difficult for me to do this, but I am capable of it and tend to use this during outings with friends.
Before I start a project, I sometimes forget to stop and get clear on what I want to do and why. - Not really, though sometimes I'll forget later.

Introversion
I am seen as “reflective” or “reserved.” - To acquaintances and to the ones who know me best.
I feel comfortable being alone and like things I can do on my own. - Yes! I love it!
I prefer to know just a few people well. - Yes!
I sometimes spend too much time reflecting and don’t move into action quickly enough. - Yes!
I sometimes forget to check with the outside world to see if my ideas really fit the experience. - Who needs experience when you can figure things out without it! haha jk ...kinda :D.

Sensing
I remember events as snapshots of what actually happened. - Lol, who doesn't?
I solve problems by working through facts until I understand the problem. - I'm not aware of how I solve problems, but I would think in a pretty sequential format.
I am pragmatic and look to the “bottom line.” - Not really.
I start with facts and then form a big picture. - I could go either way.
I trust experience first and trust words and symbols less. - Nah.
Sometimes I pay so much attention to facts, either present or past, that I miss new possibilities. - Sometimes.

Intuition
I remember events by what I read “between the lines” about their meaning. - I look too deeply into every little thing.
I solve problems by leaping between different ideas and possibilities. - I usually just play around when I do that; I think I'm pretty straighforward when it comes to problem solving.
I am interested in doing things that are new and different. - Yes, but that doesn't always mean that I'll choose to do them.
I like to see the big picture, then to find out the facts. - Either way, my main focus is on the big picture, though I enjoy facts by themselves as well.
I trust impressions, symbols, and metaphors more than what I actually experienced. - Yesh.
Sometimes I think so much about new possibilities that I never look at how to make them a reality. - Hahaha or I just plan about putting them into reality and never get to doing it. :D

Thinking
I enjoy technical and scientific fields where logic is important. - Yes! I'm a chem major, but I enjoy all subjects that help me to understand the wonders of the world. I enjoy puzzles, too.
I notice inconsistencies. - Yes, I used to have a terrible tick with correcting people, but now I've even developed speaking and writing styles for casual conversation in order to appear that I don't care so much about inconsistencies. If you can't beat 'em join 'em type of a thing :D it's made me more laid back.
I look for logical explanations or solutions to most everything. - It's natural for me to take the most objective approach, but when people are involved who will be hurt, I focus on finding a gentle solution.
I make decisions with my head and want to be fair. - Yes? lol I'd like to see someone who said no to this.
I believe telling the truth is more important than being tactful. - In some cases truth is most important, in most I think tactfullness should be part of conveying truth, or people won't listen.
Sometimes I miss or don’t value the “people” part of a situation. - Only if they are people I don't understand, like people interested fashion and celebrities. These people are a mystery to me so communicating with them is often ineffective so I tend to glance over them.
I can be seen as too task-oriented, uncaring, or indifferent. - My mom yells at me for this hahaha.

Feeling
I have a people or communications orientation. - I enjoy living things: people, animals, plants, and so I like to be around them, though I don't necessarily have to be to be content.
I am concerned with harmony and nervous when it is missing. - Only with my SO, other than that I'm not concerned about harmony with family or friends, but I do want people to have fun and enjoy life, whether we are getting along personally or not is irrelevant to me.
I look for what is important to others and express concern for others. - Yes, I'll try to understand and give inspiring words for people having it rough.
I make decisions with my heart and want to be compassionate. - I always work on being more caring towards others, since it has been a weakness in my past.
I believe being tactful is more important than telling the “cold” truth. - Yes lol, no point in speaking if it doesn't get through or just causes another problem hahaha.
Sometimes I miss seeing or communicating the “hard truth” of situations. - I don't think there are any hard truths with interpersonal communications, who gives a crap what we do. We all have our preferences. But when it comes to actual hard truths about what we know of the physical world then there's no problem.
I am sometimes experienced by others as too idealistic, mushy, or indirect. - I come off as direct, though in my mind I'm indirect, and some people don't think I live in the "real world" lolol.

Judging
I like to have things decided. - When it comes to some things, I cannot rest until I've made a decision, which may take a very, very long time. xD
I appear to be task oriented. - Yes especially if I enjoy the task or it is competitive.
I like to make lists of things to do. - I enjoy doing this, though I can never stick to it.
I like to get my work done before playing. - Sometimes my work is play, when it isn't, then I don't do it lol.
I plan work to avoid rushing just before a deadline. - I plan to prepare for my procrastination, does that count?
Sometimes I focus so much on the goal that I miss new information. - Yes, especially when stressed.

Perceiving
I like to stay open to respond to whatever happens. - Naturally.
I appear to be loose and casual. I like to keep plans to a minimum. - YESH.
I like to approach work as play or mix work and play. - YESSS!
I work in bursts of energy. - YESSSS!!!
I am stimulated by an approaching deadline. - Unfortunately..
Sometimes I stay open to new information so long I miss making decisions when they are needed. - Hahahahha... yes.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I generally don't try to type others but why not... INTP? ISTP?

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:hi: You already know what I'm going to say haha.

Here's something to think about though, in our discussions it's always seemed that your "F" side is more conditioned than intuitively emerging - it's cool. :smoke:

I hope more people can come and give you some more input as well though.

Chocobo Breeder

Hahaha it's that development of my F function that confuses me on my type. I was thinking maybe I'm neither an INTP or an INFP and I'm actually using some other order of cognitive functions. Though when I take the quizzes I always test highly in Ti and Ne, which makes sense. Though I do live for understanding our world and learning as much about it objectively, at times I can be downright dreamy and philosophical. Like how I see suffering as possibly just a catalyst for growth, depending on if there is a higher meaning in life (which personally I think there is based on my experiences, Joey knows this lol). But I also see that as a valid possibility, or could that be an Fi value? And I have to work past emotions in order to return to my happy, knowledge seeking ways. For example, if I see myself as incompetent in something, I will focus so much on it that I will research everything I can find and put it into practice. I used to have social anxiety, or maybe it was just social awkwardness that led to anxiety haha, so I looked into presenting myself, which led to me looking for the bigger picture and learning the basics of charisma and etiquette and going into situations to practice them just so I could feel comfortable in those settings, once I did I quickly dropped that and now feel comfortable not even using that knowledge in practice hahaha. But as for my most free state of mind, I tend to just seek information to understand, I guess, the "underlying principles of the world", I can't think of a better way to put it than what I've read from the INTP descriptions lol. I enjoy mostly focusing on the sciences and the how's to matter and the physical universe, but I also waste a lot of time just figuring out things like video games lol. Gives me the stimulation and sense of accomplishment I crave. Or would that be an ISTP trait? Though the functions are different I do yearn to understand systems. I've never considered ISTP before, I'll have to look into that ; ). Thank you for your replies. :) :thumbup: